The Student Room Group

How to heal my lonely and shattered heart?

So as I have no one to really lean on and talk to about this sensitive, and very painful topic, I thought I'd come on the internet to ask this question.

About a year ago I met the most beautiful looking guy I'd ever seen. After talking for two and a half months through messaging. We did met briefly but I was so incredibly nervous that I just spazzed out and acted so aloof and erratic. I didn't really convey a true image of myself. Anyway.. I could tell he was interested too but I did fall for him on the same day and I haven't felt any different since. But after that so called "meet" we didn't see each other again after I begged him for just another chance at least. He said no. My heart has been broken ever since. I cry almost everyday. There was a glimmer of hope when HE arranged to meet but he ended up blocking me. So he lied. My friends have blocked all contact from me as they're sick of hearing me go on and on and on.

I'm incredibly sad and fragile and my heart is torn into pieces. I've tried messaging and trying for a year for us to just meet one more time but nothing works. I've tried moving on. I've tried everything there is in the Guide to Healing A Losers Heart book but nothing.

I'm blocked on everything. I can't contact him. He played me and never cared. I feel like the biggest loser for actually thinking he was interested. *cries*

What should I do? How do I make him want me again?
(btw I'm beyond a lost cause so the whole "move on another guy will like you" won't help. I like him and no one else. I understand there are guys out there but I don't want them. I miss him.
Contacting him repeatedly is only going to serve to annoy him further, and possibly wind up with you getting a restraining order. Stop it.

It's hard. You care about someone so much and want to talk to them but you just can't accept the fact that you have no control over the situation. Been there, done that. It took a lot of restraint. You need to understand this person does NOT want you in their life and that there is NOTHING you can do to change that. I'm really, truly sorry...it's just the way it is.

I won't suggest another guy because really you need to take the time to heal, build up your confidence etc for you to be ready to date again. Focus on yourself. I mean, you're a gaming chick for crying out loud...you will not find it difficult to get dates when you are ready! :smile:
You should talk to forum addict or whatever he is now calling himself. he was infatuated with a girl and his life will never be the same etc.

Begging is not a good look and he will have lost respect for you then imo, he needed to see you as an equal or potential conquest mot as needy or too much of a handful imo. Hes made it clear he doesnt wnat to talk so trying to will just pish him away even further and make you look like a nuiscance.

Time will help it hurt a bit less and for the moment you dont seem to wnat to move on, so i wont persuade you otherwise.

The only way for him to ever reconsider is for you to live your life well, gain confidence and show him you dont need him to be a success. one day you might meet and he might see you in a different light. Just getting on with your life would be a start, exams, uni, hobbies, friends, job etc. For the moment youve probably pushed him further away. If you wnat to fixate on him and will accept no other then you should get a chat and a rocking chair, becayse it will be a long wait I'm afraid.
Reply 3
Original post by gamerchic
So as I have no one to really lean on and talk to about this sensitive, and very painful topic, I thought I'd come on the internet to ask this question.

About a year ago I met the most beautiful looking guy I'd ever seen. After talking for two and a half months through messaging. We did met briefly but I was so incredibly nervous that I just spazzed out and acted so aloof and erratic. I didn't really convey a true image of myself. Anyway.. I could tell he was interested too but I did fall for him on the same day and I haven't felt any different since. But after that so called "meet" we didn't see each other again after I begged him for just another chance at least. He said no. My heart has been broken ever since. I cry almost everyday. There was a glimmer of hope when HE arranged to meet but he ended up blocking me. So he lied. My friends have blocked all contact from me as they're sick of hearing me go on and on and on.

I'm incredibly sad and fragile and my heart is torn into pieces. I've tried messaging and trying for a year for us to just meet one more time but nothing works. I've tried moving on. I've tried everything there is in the Guide to Healing A Losers Heart book but nothing.

I'm blocked on everything. I can't contact him. He played me and never cared. I feel like the biggest loser for actually thinking he was interested. *cries*

(btw I'm beyond a lost cause so the whole "move on another guy will like you" won't help. I like him and no one else. I understand there are guys out there but I don't want them. I miss him.

Time heals everything.
:h:
Chicken soup for the teenage soul?
Reply 5
OP's problem and your response reminds me a little bit of this scene...
[video="youtube;sCWvVSE0WMk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCWvVSE0WMk[/video]
Original post by Eternalflames
Chicken soup for the teenage soul?

Did it help? I never read either, but have heard of them.
Original post by 999tigger
Did it help? I never read either, but have heard of them.

Somewhat yes, it did help during my teen years.

Heartbreak is the most unimaginable pain one can experience. My pal lost his Chechen girl friend after she was sacked from a holiday camp and went back to Prague.

He has been crying and started to pee himself. He urinated himself when we went to the pub and in the sauna at the local hotel spa. That's how devastated he is.

But what can you do? Hopefully he will get over it.
So as I have no one to really lean on and talk to about this sensitive, and very painful topic, I thought I'd come on the internet to ask this question.About a year ago I met the most beautiful looking guy I'd ever seen. After talking for two and a half months through messaging. We did met briefly but I was so incredibly nervous that I just spazzed out and acted so aloof and erratic. I didn't really convey a true image of myself. Anyway.. I could tell he was interested too but I did fall for him on the same day and I haven't felt any different since. But after that so called "meet" we didn't see each other again after I begged him for just another chance at least. He said no. My heart has been broken ever since. I cry almost everyday. There was a glimmer of hope when HE arranged to meet but he ended up blocking me. So he lied. My friends have blocked all contact from me as they're sick of hearing me go on and on and on.I'm incredibly sad and fragile and my heart is torn into pieces. I've tried messaging and trying for a year for us to just meet one more time but nothing works. I've tried moving on. I've tried everything there is in the Guide to Healing A Losers Heart book but nothing.I'm blocked on everything. I can't contact him. He played me and never cared. I feel like the biggest loser for actually thinking he was interested. *cries* What should I do? How do I make him want me again?(btw I'm beyond a lost cause so the whole "move on another guy will like you" won't help. I like him and no one else. I understand there are guys out there but I don't want them. I miss him.

Just give it time! Keep your mind occupied, go play games, draw or whatever it is that you do to pass the time. Could even try comedy videos! Helped me immensely at least! :smile:

Just avoid pondering about it, otherwise it'll leave some nasty mental scars!!

Hope it looks up!
Just try not to shatter your trousers
You need some good counseling, guys are clever and he made you fall for him, you are under his spell, I can help you break the spell and see reality.
This guy must be very special to drive a girl to these depths.

I used to be like you after a break up a long time ago, I kept telling myself "btw I'm beyond a lost cause so the whole "move on another guy will like you" won't help. I like him and no one else. I understand there are guys out there but I don't want them. I miss him.", until I meet someone else I really connected with, it's a bit more complicated than that though in reality.

The person you are right now, isn't what he wants, if he has gone this far in blocking you. He sees you as a pest compared to the person he really wants. Is that what you want to be to all your friends and him? Trust me when I say no one can help you, and no one will care as much as you want them to, I've been there.

I'm not sure what I can suggest, but I can talk to you about it if you want.
Reply 13
I've already made myself look desperate and needy and now I'll never seen him again in my entire life. He played me so well and in the end I was a fool to believe his messages were sincere. I can't believe for the first time in my life I had the courage to care about someone. We had so much in common he just didn't give me a chance. And now I just have to live with the pain

And as for dates? Haha. What dates? I get none. Not even noticed not even cared about. I give up entirely on love.

The only plus side is that he got his karma recently and I sure do hope he has a miserable life, just like how he made mine. The *******
Reply 14
Original post by Binary Freak
Just give it time! Keep your mind occupied, go play games, draw or whatever it is that you do to pass the time. Could even try comedy videos! Helped me immensely at least! :smile:

Just avoid pondering about it, otherwise it'll leave some nasty mental scars!!

Hope it looks up!

It's been more than year and I've tried all of the above. I am tired of crying every night
Reply 15
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
This guy must be very special to drive a girl to these depths.

I used to be like you after a break up a long time ago, I kept telling myself "btw I'm beyond a lost cause so the whole "move on another guy will like you" won't help. I like him and no one else. I understand there are guys out there but I don't want them. I miss him.", until I meet someone else I really connected with, it's a bit more complicated than that though in reality.

The person you are right now, isn't what he wants, if he has gone this far in blocking you. He sees you as a pest compared to the person he really wants. Is that what you want to be to all your friends and him? Trust me when I say no one can help you, and no one will care as much as you want them to, I've been there.

I'm not sure what I can suggest, but I can talk to you about it if you want.

He liked me so much before and then I I just guess he didnt after we met once. I mean one date to decide you just dont like that person? So unfair. I'll watch him fall in love with someone else's, wishing it was me, crying with frustration. I'm so incredibly broken at this point
Reply 16
Original post by 999tigger
You should talk to forum addict or whatever he is now calling himself. he was infatuated with a girl and his life will never be the same etc.

Begging is not a good look and he will have lost respect for you then imo, he needed to see you as an equal or potential conquest mot as needy or too much of a handful imo. Hes made it clear he doesnt wnat to talk so trying to will just pish him away even further and make you look like a nuiscance.

Time will help it hurt a bit less and for the moment you dont seem to wnat to move on, so i wont persuade you otherwise.

The only way for him to ever reconsider is for you to live your life well, gain confidence and show him you dont need him to be a success. one day you might meet and he might see you in a different light. Just getting on with your life would be a start, exams, uni, hobbies, friends, job etc. For the moment youve probably pushed him further away. If you wnat to fixate on him and will accept no other then you should get a chat and a rocking chair, becayse it will be a long wait I'm afraid.

I haven't been begging for another chance. All I've even messaging is how much I do value him and think with our common interests and how much we both did/do liken each other that it would be worth a shot. I will just try now to succeed in life and maybe in eight or ten years I'll see him again (we don't live far from each other) and I can love him the way I've always wanted too.
He liked me so much before and then I I just guess he didnt after we met once. I mean one date to decide you just dont like that person? So unfair. I'll watch him fall in love with someone else's, wishing it was me, crying with frustration. I'm so incredibly broken at this point

It can take one date to change your mind about a person completely. Maybe what he fantasized about you or expected from you before the meetup just didn't match up with it.

But that's pretty ****ing stupid don't you think? Someone doesn't like you after they meet the real you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending