The Student Room Group
We live in a society where if you say anything that questions the norms, people just won't hear it out. why? perhaps ignorance or just brainwashed.
Nothing. I'm half-Jewish* and a vehement anti-Zionist.

Spoiler

Reply 3
Original post by KaminiZindagi
hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group

thats the definiton, what has this to do with Israel?

It does not!
Original post by M14B
It does not!

During Question Time, all the MPs claimed that questioning the existence makes you an anti semite . I was like...LOL what
Reply 5
Original post by KaminiZindagi
During Question Time, all the MPs claimed that questioning the existence makes you an anti semite . I was like...LOL what

Being an MP does not mean you are so special
Some of them are total *******s
Questioning the existence of Israel doesn't make you an anti-Semite.
Original post by jambojim97
Nothing. I'm half-Jewish* and a vehement anti-Zionist.

Spoiler

How's it going, brah? I'm half atheist don't you know.
Original post by M14B
Being an MP does not mean you are so special
Some of them are total *******s

**** Israel

[video="youtube;Ksk3Q7gu0BI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksk3Q7gu0BI[/video]
Original post by !!mentor!!
How's it going, brah? I'm half atheist don't you know.

There is the Jewish religion and four distinct Jewish ethnicites. Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Mizrazhi, Ethiopian.

If it was simply a matter of religion, surely all the Holocuast victims would have just converted to Christianity.

Please educate yourself.
There is the Jewish religion and four distinct Jewish ethnicites. Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Mizrazhi, Ethiopian.

If it was simply a matter of religion, surely all the Holocuast victims would have just converted to Christianity.

Please educate yourself.

Please don't conflate religion with region of origin. It's embarrassing to the educated Jewish people.
Please don't conflate religion with region of origin. It's embarrassing to the educated Jewish people.

Wrong:

Spoiler

Wrong:

Spoiler

False.

The article talks about the ethnicity of people from these area who just so happen to be jewish.

Spoiler

I feel bad for Ken Livingstone. I don't think saying 'Hitler used to be a zionist before he went mad and killed 6 million Jews' was anti-semitic. Some even called him a nazi apologist but I see no evidence for that?? It was dumb and perhaps historically incorrect but people jumped on it in a way which would make you think he had a swastika tattoo...
False.

The article talks about the ethnicity of people from these area who just so happen to be jewish.

Spoiler

The spoiler you put in your previous post describes the Jews according to Jewish law and religious text. All well and good.

However, genealogically speaking Jews are an ethno-religious group: an ethnic group whose members are unified by a common religious background.

Your source re Jews not sharing common ancestry is wrong. Genetic studies have shown that Jews from all walks of life share common genes and ancestry.

If you wish to define my 'Jewishness' by religious law, then by all means go for it. I accept the fact that I am not 'Jewish' according to Jews. However, in accordance with my patrilineal heritage, I would be considered a Jew if a neo-nazi revolution took place. At the same time, I would have a difficult time making a life for myself in Israel because according to Jewish law, I am not Jewish.

I therefore think half-Jewish is an apt descriptor for my ethnic identity.

Furthermore, have you ever heard of secular Jews? Who celebrate Jewish festivals, practice some Jewish traditions, but are not religious. Kinda like your average Brit is a Christian in the sense that they may celebrate Christmas or Easter.

The existence of secular Jews shows the cultural significance of being Jewish. It's not all about religion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Jews#Recent_studies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnoreligious_group
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by picklescamp
I feel bad for Ken Livingstone. I don't think saying 'Hitler used to be a zionist before he went mad and killed 6 million Jews' was anti-semitic. Some even called him a nazi apologist but I see no evidence for that?? It was dumb and perhaps historically incorrect but people jumped on it in a way which would make you think he had a swastika tattoo...

Haha I guess you could say he used to be Zionist because originally he wanted to aggregate all German Jews in a place far, far from Deutschland... The motives were more to get rid of them than to provide security and self-determination.
Anyway, all that changed, so it doesn't really matter
Why shouldnt it. Many Muslim countries, one Jewish country isn't tolerated. It's always going to exist so ****ing move the **** on

Latest