The Student Room Group

An inspector calls and Macbeth essay.

Could someone help me out with an essay for Gerald Croft in An Inspector Calls regarding his development throughout the book, and for Macbeth perhaps how he is different in the book compared to an adaptation (film)? Please I need serious help, urgently. Much appreciated. Thanks.
Original post by hamza772000
Could someone help me out with an essay for Gerald Croft in An Inspector Calls regarding his development throughout the book, and for Macbeth perhaps how he is different in the book compared to an adaptation (film)? Please I need serious help, urgently. Much appreciated. Thanks.

have you done your own research :colondollar:
Original post by fatima1998
have you done your own research :colondollar:
Yes, I just need some help don't really know how to structure the essays. I know it sounds like I'm asking a lot, sorry for that, just needed a little help, I'm really anxious as I don't have many days left for my controlled assessment.:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes, I just need some help don't really know how to structure the essays.

have to researched how to structure an essay :biggrin:
Original post by fatima1998
have to researched how to structure an essay :biggrin:
I've tried. Haven't had any good luck with this particular controlled assessment.
I've tried. Haven't had any good luck with this particular controlled assessment.

maybe try this one http://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision/english/essay-writing-tips
Thanks, will read it thoroughly.
Hi there I can help for Inspector Calls BC I'd done that question before! :smile:

Structure wise go for: P - E - Z - E
P= Point (to support the question)
E=Evidence (quotes of course)
Z= Zoom (into the language of the quotes picked)
E= Explanation (why does the author use that form of language etc)

Language wise
-Comment on adjectives (evocative ones) similes metaphors personifications oh and punctuation too! All the best for iGCSE!!
Original post by _cheeeeeeenni_
Hi there I can help for Inspector Calls BC I'd done that question before! :smile:

Structure wise go for: P - E - Z - E
P= Point (to support the question)
E=Evidence (quotes of course)
Z= Zoom (into the language of the quotes picked)
E= Explanation (why does the author use that form of language etc)

Language wise
-Comment on adjectives (evocative ones) similes metaphors personifications oh and punctuation too! All the best for iGCSE!!
Thanks man!:smile: By the way its GCSE.
haha you're welcome! I'm taking iGCSE as I'm from an international school! Have a great day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending