The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel like they've wasted quite a lot of their life???

I feel that way, I'm 24 but due to a real lack of confidence/motivation & not knowing what I want do I only feel as if I've got off the starting blocks just now. I feel a lot of other people are ahead of me such as having a solid career/career plan, passing their driving test, having many friends, relationships etc. I feel as a result I'm putting too much pressure on myself to make up for it, instead of maybe relaxing a bit more, & not try to do too many things at once. Mentally I feel younger than I really am due to wasting all those years of my life. I don't feel as if I've lived it anywhere near to my fullest potential, & yeah, it does get to me. Anyone with similar experiences to make me feel better about myself haha???

Scroll to see replies

No
Not really, I have regrets and I definitely want to improve from the situation I guess I'm in just now but I don't feel like that time has been wasted and there's absolutely no point in dwelling on it even if you do feel that way, the only way is up! :biggrin:
I dont even know why I exist
(edited 7 years ago)
You don't sound so multitalented
Reply 5
Wasted my life?
I am 19 wtf!
Reply 6
You start whenever you start. Our generation will blatantly all live to like 100 anyway, who cares? :smile:
My only regret is that I didn't start making all kinds of gains earlier. :dumbells:
Reply 8
Original post by Multitalented me
I feel that way, I'm 24 but due to a real lack of confidence/motivation & not knowing what I want do I only feel as if I've got off the starting blocks just now. I feel a lot of other people are ahead of me such as having a solid career/career plan, passing their driving test, having many friends, relationships etc. I feel as a result I'm putting too much pressure on myself to make up for it, instead of maybe relaxing a bit more, & not try to do too many things at once. Mentally I feel younger than I really am due to wasting all those years of my life. I don't feel as if I've lived it anywhere near to my fullest potential, & yeah, it does get to me. Anyone with similar experiences to make me feel better about myself haha???

Hey, don't worry about it. So what if other people are ahead of you, there are so many people that still don't even know where they are in life.
At least now you know, you can stop wasting your life right now, and in a few years time this won't matter.
This is what life is about, learning from experiences, and that is what you are doing.
Those people you mentioned probably think they grew up too fast and didn't get to experience life. Everyone has problems.

Think about what you want from life and start doing it.
Good luck!!
Original post by Tom78
You start whenever you start. Our generation will blatantly all live to like 100 anyway, who cares? :smile:

Not when i've finished provoking Russia they won't.

You're still young, multitalented. :hugs:
You have your course and your plans to be a counsellor, I think that is pretty clear! (Unless this has changed?) Besides, sometimes things just come to us late! I definitely don't think you've wasted your years.
Even adults (30+ I guess lol) may decide to change career paths tbh, life is such a fluid and subjective thing, you can't try to mould it too much. What works for someone else won't work for you.
And I don't plan to drive anytime soon, will probably pick it up after university or sometime. :colondollar:

Spoiler

Reply 11
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Not when i've finished provoking Russia they won't.

I'll be friends to Putin but diss him behind his back :smile:
Original post by Tom78
I'll be friends to Putin but diss him behind his back :smile:

Rekt

You can have Sevastopol for your services
Reply 13
yes
i am doomed in this life and the afterlife :lol:
i can hear my soul sizzling already x_x
If I don't ace these exams, I'll jump in the river on results day. So in that case, yes.
Reply 15
you would waste your life if you sit down for hours to write an assignment full of equations in Word just to get extra marks for your patience to do so just to get a 1st degree in order to get into investment banking and work 15h to get more money that you would spend on expensive london
I'm almost 30 and only just finished my first year at uni after being forced to change my career path. I feel like I've wasted so much time. :frown:

I'm 22, I've worked my ass off for my entire adult life to the ends of my future career, and have huge regrets about it. I feel - seemingly from a different perspective - that I have wasted a lot of what should have been my best years. So it does cut both ways; don't beat yourself up too much.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm almost 30 and only just finished my first year at uni after being forced to change my career path. I feel like I've wasted so much time. :frown:

Haha im 22 and seeing a bunch of folk I went to school with finishing their final years this year really is depressing, im in my 1st year after working (and completing an apprenticeship to be fair) for 5 years.
OP, i'm 21 and well considering how long i spend floundering in my chosen field not doing research and make repeated losses
i wasted a third of my life virtually as i have only started making anything in the past year maybe 18 months
say 3 years ago i'd spend £30 to make £5 or £15 to make £1 now i spend £1,000 and make anywhere from £700 to £2,500 at a time

Quick Reply

Latest