The Student Room Group

"Glory to Allah" to be plastered over buses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/allah-goes-on-the-buses-to-aid-syrians-6n8fmkxw0

The aim is, apparently, to break down barriers. The initiative has been launched by 'Islamic Relief', a Government-backed organisation (it receives £millions from DfID). Yes, our own Government is funding advertising campaigns promoting the Islamic faith.

The adverts will tell their target audience that to 'gather the rewards of Ramadan' they must donate to Islamic relief. Yes, this is the same Islamic Relief which recently had its bank accounts closed by HSBC 'due to concerns that cash for aid could end up with terrorist organisations abroad.'

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/National/Terrorism/article1651954.ece

The adverts will feature in London, Manchester, Bradford, Leicester and Brimingham (all populations with high concentrations of Muslims).
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Glory to God would be better because Allah is God. Since, this is an English speaking country, they should use God. Because Allah is Arabic for God.

Glory to God.
Reply 2
Original post by ShiningNights
Glory to God would be better because Allah is God. Since, this is an English speaking country, they should use God. Because Allah is Arabic for God.

Glory to God.

What about not wasting money on this malarkey at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by *Stefan*
What about not wasting money on this malarkey at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see the point either, just thought I'd throw an opinion.
good religion bait, but boring
Original post by Mistletoe
good religion bait, but boring

Well, thank God it's not my purpose in life to entertain you then.
Original post by Erebor

Apt.
Reply 7
Original post by Erebor

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh just cover the mess with a giant "Glory to Allah" poster and it will be just like new! :biggrin:
Original post by z33
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh just cover the mess with a giant "Glory to Allah" poster and it will be just like new! :biggrin:

I don't think they'll use the same buses :s-smilie:

I don't think writing glory to Allah will make it new either.
Reply 9
I don't think they'll use the same buses :s-smilie:

I don't think writing glory to Allah will make it new either.

um...

so like on Urf yeh, ders dis thing called a joke. And it's like... it makes you feel nice inside and makes weird noises come out of your mouth that kinda sound like "hahaha" but it's just your sins dw.
Original post by z33
um...

so like on Urf yeh, ders dis thing called a joke. And it's like... it makes you feel nice inside and makes weird noises come out of your mouth that kinda sound like "hahaha" but it's just your sins dw.

Why do you speak like that? You should see a Doctor! Does not sound healthy!

^^^^^ Do you like my joke? :h:
Reply 11
Why do you speak like that? You should see a Doctor! Does not sound healthy!

^^^^^ Do you like my joke? :h:

2/10 better luck next time!

This comment was sponsored by Audible.com . Audible is a site where you can find thousands of online video tuto-:coma:
Original post by z33
2/10 better luck next time!

This comment was sponsored by Audible.com . Audible is a site where you can find thousands of online video tuto-:coma:

Aww 2/10 is good! Thanks!

Was that meant to be a joke, or is it a website you use? Since you know, your past joke wasn't funny.
Reply 13
Promoting a fascist ideology now? Great, we have really gone backwards.I thought the liberals wanted to reduce the religious Barbary that has ruled over humanity for centuries, instead the liberals want to bring in Islam
Reply 14
Aww 2/10 is good! Thanks!

Was that meant to be a joke, or is it a website you use? Since you know, your past joke wasn't funny.

np :h:

um

ur mam

Spoiler

Original post by z33
np :h:

um

ur mam

Spoiler

Disappointing when you bring mums in.
god willing brother
What a huge waste of money.
Reply 18
You know I'm sure all the starving/ dying people in need of charity are so happy this is what we're choosing to spend our money on :biggrin:

#noRegerts
Lol and here I thought we were meant to be a Christian nation (I'm atheist but still).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending