The Student Room Group

AS exams :(

I'm really worried that i'm not going to pass my AS exams and not be able to carry on in sixth form next year :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by govtandpolitics
I'm really worried that i'm not going to pass my AS exams and not be able to carry on in sixth form next year :/

You shouldn't worry, just make sure you do your best and honestly, everything will be better :smile: Also, when you worry, you're more likely to panic and mess things up so just go with a clear head into the exam
All my friends think that atm- think neutral.

What subjects are you doing btw?

I could possibly help you- I'm doing Govt&Politics, RS, Media and Sociology(no sciences or maths soz if you are)
Original post by zainabhebs
You shouldn't worry, just make sure you do your best and honestly, everything will be better :smile: Also, when you worry, you're more likely to panic and mess things up so just go with a clear head into the exam

I'm worrying though because I haven't revised enough and I have mocks after my AS exams which I haven't started revising for and they can determine whether I stay in the sixth form or not :/
Original post by Defraction

I could possibly help you- I'm doing Govt&Politics, RS, Media and Sociology(no sciences or maths soz if you are)

I'm doing Govt and Politics too! Have you revised a lot?
I'm worrying though because I haven't revised enough and I have mocks after my AS exams which I haven't started revising for and they can determine whether I stay in the sixth form or not :/

I'm almost in the same boat you are. One question though, are you doing the subjects you want?
I'm doing Govt and Politics too! Have you revised a lot?

Naa, I have to start revising for it soon.

I got 3 exams next week and I'm chilling:wink:, this is a very bad thing btw.

What are you going to pick for Unit 1?

I HATE UNIT 2 - do you need help btw?

sorry i sound so high.
Reply 7
If things don't go to plan, then retake them next year although I really hope things go well in your exams coming up.

If you want to study a degree and you feel you might not make it at A-levels, study at the Open University?
Naa, I have to start revising for it soon.

I got 3 exams next week and I'm chilling:wink:, this is a very bad thing btw.

What are you going to pick for Unit 1?

I HATE UNIT 2 - do you need help btw?

sorry i sound so high.

Oh I feel better knowing you haven't started!

Well good luck with them! At least you wont be stressed when taking them :biggrin:

For unit 1, I HATE electoral systems so wont be picking that, so I will probably be picking participation and pressure groups, depends on the questions though. I HATE UNIT 2 TOO! Will probably pick Constitution and Parliament for that. What are you going to pick?
Original post by Drax101
If things don't go to plan, then retake them next year although I really hope things go well in your exams coming up.

If you want to study a degree and you feel you might not make it at A-levels, study at the Open University?

Yeah, I guess I could, but I really don't want to be put back a year :/ so really hope I don't fail miserably!
Oh I feel better knowing you haven't started!

Well good luck with them! At least you wont be stressed when taking them :biggrin:

For unit 1, I HATE electoral systems so wont be picking that, so I will probably be picking participation and pressure groups, depends on the questions though. I HATE UNIT 2 TOO! Will probably pick Constitution and Parliament for that. What are you going to pick?

Unit 1- political parties(****ING LOVE THIS TOPIC) and either elections or democracy, depending on which one is easier. I hate pressure groups, fail to understand.

Unit 2- Constitution(defo) and either Parliament or Prime Minister and the cabinet, depending on the question.

What other subjects do you do ?????
I'm almost in the same boat you are. One question though, are you doing the subjects you want?

Yeah I think I am :/ I don't thoroughly enjoy any of them but I do like them. I think I would enjoy them more if they weren't as hard!

What courses are you doing in RS?
Unit 1- political parties(****ING LOVE THIS TOPIC) and either elections or democracy, depending on which one is easier. I hate pressure groups, fail to understand.

Unit 2- Constitution(defo) and either Parliament or Prime Minister and the cabinet, depending on the question.

What other subjects do you do ?????

Yeah, I think I might change my mind when I am in the exam and see the questions.
Just hope they aren't too harsh on us!

I also do, History and English Language :smile:
Original post by ollie news
What courses are you doing in RS?

Edexcel- Philosophy and Ethics(90 marks) and Philosophy of Religion(50 marks- about religious experiences).
Yeah I think I am :/ I don't thoroughly enjoy any of them but I do like them. I think I would enjoy them more if they weren't as hard!

Haha, I feel you
I do maths, econ and bio.........and the only subject I'm fond of is biology. I'm more of an english student (Weird right?) :tongue:
Yeah, I think I might change my mind when I am in the exam and see the questions.
Just hope they aren't too harsh on us!

I also do, History and English Language :smile:

Oh good luck on those subjects- they are both linear I heard. Hmmm, how do you find History and English Language?
Haha, I feel you
I do maths, econ and bio.........and the only subject I'm fond of is biology. I'm more of an english student (Weird right?) :tongue:

Ooh they are hard Alevels! So why didn't you take English???
Oh good luck on those subjects- they are both linear I heard. Hmmm, how do you find History and English Language?

Yep, got mocks at end of June and there's no way I'm going to be able to revise and remember a years worth of history!
They are ok, but can find them both boring at times :/

It's normal to react to exam stress by worrying, but worrying doesn't help.

Here's my advice- I like lists (:

1. You can't control the outcome of the exams or whether you will be admitted to the sixth form. You can control what you do now and during the exams to give yourself the best possible chance of getting the grades and getting into sixth-form.

2. Forget the past- whether you worked well enough on your studies- and make a realistic timetable for your revision in the time left.

3. Do your best to stick to the timetable each day, ticking off revision periods one by one, and coming on to this forum for help on particular items.

4. Discipline yourself not to think ahead and allow your mind to dwell on maybes and doom and gloom.

I promise you -I've been there, done it and got the wardrobe of t-shirts- in a year or 5 you will look back on this period of your life and wonder why you took it SO seriously.

Best of luck (:

Quick Reply

Latest