The Student Room Group

Poshest car you've driven / been driven in

The woman in the office next door gave me a lift home the other day, in her boss's car. I can't remember the exact model, but it was a very recent and very slick Audi. He clearly looks after it too, fully valleted and the engine sounded like a dream! She doesn't have the smoothest of driving styles, but it was still such a nice ride! I almost felt underdressed to be in it in my office gear!

What's the poshest car you've driven or been driven in (I think it has to be shotgun for the full experience)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by minimarshmallow
The woman in the office next door gave me a lift home the other day, in her boss's car. I can't remember the exact model, but it was a very recent and very slick Audi. He clearly looks after it too, fully valleted and the engine sounded like a dream! She doesn't have the smoothest of driving styles, but it was still such a nice ride! I almost felt underdressed to be in it in my office gear!

What's the poshest car you've driven or been driven in (I think it has to be shotgun for the full experience)?

Poshest I've been in is a BMW 7 series, that thing flies! Was someone elses.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not sure - not really a car person. I've been in a few 40/50k cars I suppose.

I've also been in a few limos :dontknow:
Original post by ByronicHero
Not sure - not really a car person. I've been in a few 40/50k cars I suppose.

I've also been in a few limos :dontknow:

We had a stretch hummer for our leavers do, but I don't get that posh vibe off limos really... Of course they are but it's not something you could drive / be driven in to and from work every day as an average person.
Original post by minimarshmallow
We had a stretch hummer for our leavers do, but I don't get that posh vibe off limos really... Of course they are but it's not something you could drive / be driven in to and from work every day as an average person.

True, although an old friends father owned a fleet of them so he could be. The first time I was ever in one was for his 8th birthday or something :lol:

The poshest then is probably a nice Merc/BMW. I may have been in something nicer as a child but not that I remember.
When I was at international school there were a lot of CEO/exec parents around so got to ride in a few very classy cars whenever I went down to their houses after school:
- Bentley Mulsanne
- Rolls Royce Phantom (My grandad had 2 of these, was super successful as a civil engineer with his own firm, so inevitably rode in them when I visited him)
- Audi R8
- Aston Martin DB9

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend's mum drove me in her Mercedes once
Honda Civic
Original post by Princepieman
When I was at international school there were a lot of CEO/exec parents around so got to ride in a few very classy cars whenever I went down to their houses after school:
- Bentley Mulsanne
- Rolls Royce Phantom (My grandad had 2 of these, was super successful as a civil engineer with his own firm, so inevitably rode in them when I visited him)
- Audi R8
- Aston Martin DB9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, that blows my lift home in an Audi out of the water!

I am extremely jealous, particularly of the Aston!
Original post by James A
Poshest I've been in is a BMW M7, that thing flies! Was someone elses.

They haven't built an M7...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
limousine? less posh more trashy i guess
Original post by shaymarriott
They haven't built an M7...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meant 7 series.
A BMW i8 (think that's what it's called) or a Tesla Model S :lol: (obviously don't own them!)
Audi S3
:frown:
My friend's Bentley convertable.
The Financial Director's (Of the Global Corp. of which I work) Top-Spec '16 Mercedes S-Class.
A colleague of mine is his Chauffeur, so I got a ride in it for an event. It was beautiful, inside and out. :drool:
Original post by ODES_PDES
Audi S3
:frown:

What I'd do for an s3
Original post by fr0sr_
What I'd do for an s3

To own yes.
To be driven?
Not much fun!
Original post by ODES_PDES
To own yes.
To be driven?
Not much fun!

True. I can't imagine it'd be amazing to be passenger (still good fun), but to own one as a daily would be incredible.

I definitely want some form of Sports model in the coming years.
Whether that be an ST, S Line, Type R, M Line or anything of the sort, they're just all so awesome.
Reply 19
Original post by James A
Poshest I've been in is a BMW M7, that thing flies! Was someone elses.

m7????? wtf mate?!? Those don't exist :frown:

I am a huge ///M power fan.

I was in the new 2015 BMW M3 F82 gen i think and it flies like buggar. It's acceleration is faster than an ///M5 upto about 100mph.

Annoying because I love the ///M5 not the ///M3!!!!!!

But I wouldn't call it "posh." I'd call it a bloody monster

Quick Reply

Latest