The Student Room Group

"Glory to Allah" to be plastered over buses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, etc.

Scroll to see replies

People have the right to promote their faith but surely government sponsorship goes against the idea of secularism?
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
People have the right to promote their faith but surely government sponsorship goes against the idea of secularism?

Who says we are secular. France is secular we are not.

Marry me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Truthteller10
So can Jews go around London and stick "We are God's chosen people" on buses?

If was done in a provocative way then it may come into clash with hate crime laws etc.
Original post by ♥Samantha♥

The Church of England is part of our state. We are not a secular country.
Original post by KaminiZindagi

Marry me?

Wtf? :lolwut:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
The Church of England is part of our state. We are not a secular country.

No they aren't.

That's a lie.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
If was done in a provocative way then it may come into clash with hate crime laws etc.

How is the Arabic phrase not provocative but Jews saying "we are God's chosen people" not?

Explain and don't dribble around the question.
Reply 67
Original post by Lord Samosa
I have seen emergency appeals on their website before, like for the Nepal Earthquake. So they do help the "lesser kafir" too.

Yes, so did everyone else, it's the PR thing to do when something of that magnitude happens , even online poker sites raise money for it and match them for large amounts. Look at their site right now, it's only muslim issues :

It's also about how much muslims donated for Nepal :

Islamic relief :

''So far we have distributed food to over 5,000 people in some of the worst affected areas. And in the next week, we will be delivering tents, tarpaulins and other essential items for more than 4,000 people.''

http://www.islamic-relief.org.uk/current-appeals/nepal-earthquake-appeal/

Christian aid :

''With your help, so far we’ve raised an incredible £3.25 million. With this money, we’ve provided shelter, water, food and sanitation to more than 400,000 people in the most vulnerable communities.''

And this is just one christian/western charity out of many who help hundreds of millions of non-westerners and non-christians all over the world. We don't see them as dirty kafirs.
Original post by Erebor
Yes, so did everyone else, it's the PR thing to do when something of that magnitude happens , even online poker sites raise money for it and match them for large amounts. Look at their site right now, it's only muslim issues :

Islamic relief :

''So far we have distributed food to over 5,000 people in some of the worst affected areas. And in the next week, we will be delivering tents, tarpaulins and other essential items for more than 4,000 people.''

Christian aid :

''With your help, so far we’ve raised an incredible £3.25 million. With this money, we’ve provided shelter, water, food and sanitation to more than 400,000 people in the most vulnerable communities.''

And this is just one christian/western charity out of many who help hundreds of millions of non-westerners and non-christians all over the world. We don't see them as dirty kafirs.

But Allah and Muhammed and his early followers do.
Well, as long as they are using their own resources to pay for the advertisements, it's fine.
What about you? Interested

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bro. Thought you were gay? why are you interested in Camila?

Spoiler

Original post by Trapz99
Well, as long as they are using their own resources to pay for the advertisements, it's fine.

They are funded heavily by the government.
Original post by chemting
Bro. Thought you were gay? why are you interested in Camila?

Spoiler

**** Life. I dont give a **** anymore. I dont care anymore about school, sexuality, family etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** Life. I dont give a **** anymore. I dont care anymore about school, sexuality, family etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

woah easy there cowboy. giddy up.

wanna share what's troubling you?

:console:
Original post by Erebor

Islamic relief :

Christian aid :

Well whatever the reason, as long as it's helping people in need :yes:

I think you're confusing their name as then saying Muslims donated that much or did whatever. When they say "Islamic relief", they're talking about themselves as a charity. At the end of the day, they need to show themselves as doing a good job to bring in more donations, plenty of charities do this.

Well good on them, we shouldn't be discriminating who our donations go to by their faith. But a lot of charities focus on certain groups of people or certain appeals. It's down to you who you decide to donate to.

Who said anything about "dirty kafirs"? :K:
Original post by chemting
woah easy there cowboy. giddy up.

wanna share what's troubling you?

:console:

~Gay and Muslim
~ Severe depression
~Eating disorder and have stunt growth ( i am only 5 foot 5)
~Social anxiety and low self esteem
~ No one to talk to because pakistani men dont talk about feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holy ****
Original post by garfeeled
unless tax payer money is directly paying for the advertisement in which case I do

It is
~Gay and Muslim
~ Severe depression
~Eating disorder and have stunt growth ( i am only 5 foot 5)
~Social anxiety and low self esteem
~ No one to talk to because pakistani men dont talk about feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh :frown:

well I guess that's what TSR is for, you'll find plenty of people to talk to here: with wide range of backgrounds and opinions.

have you consulted a doctor?

do you live in Pakistan? (you don't have to answer that ofc)
Original post by Trapz99

The charity is funded by the government

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending