The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
We have anti-Semitism.

That's true, jews are leaving Europe in record numbers. Can you guess why?
Reply 61
Maybe because Islam is a shocking ideology which should be illegal?? Don't understand how anyone can ignore the fact Muhammad married and then consummated his marriage with a 9 year old girl when he was around 54. This is absolutely disgusting. Can you imagine a 54 year old today getting aroused by a 9 year old girl?? He would be locked up.

Don't say it was normal for men to marry young girls in those days because that's just not true, it was never normal for a 54 year old to take a 9 year old's virginity, before she had even hit puberty.
Of course not all muslims are evil like Islam, this is because they do not follow Islam.

Many muslims however will lie to you about Islam, taqiyyah is a term which enables them to protect their ideology with lies + deceit
Original post by constantina98
I think it's because of isis. I mean if you look back in the history you'll see that there were periods when being a christian was a bad thing and as a result your life was at danger.
The same thing happened to jews during the World War 2. If you watch movies/documentaries you'll that not only german but many people around europe were convinced that jews are criminals,bad ppl etc.
I hope this helps: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ISIS?

You were actually born in 1998, weren't you?

Problem with Muslims existed way before ISIS.
Original post by Josb
Anti-Semitism is generally not the hate of the Jewish religion and cannot be associated to any X-phobia.

It's part and partial of it. I'm sure any anti-semite is not overly fond of Judaism :lol:

Anywaym, hatred of Muslims gets thrown at people who look "Muslim" regardless fo whether or not they are followers of Islam.

I got called Jew at school because I had a big nose. All whilst ignoring I have blond hair, blue eyes, am very tall, have been baptised, Christian ancestry and have always been an outspoken atheist FFS.

You can be straight but dress "gay looking" and get beaten up by fascist BNP types for being a nonce. Logic doesn't have to come into it, especially when you are dealing with prejudice.

Original post by dnr_23
Maybe because Islam is a shocking ideology which should be illegal?? Don't understand how anyone can ignore the fact Muhammad married and then consummated his marriage with a 9 year old girl when he was around 54. This is absolutely disgusting. Can you imagine a 54 year old today getting aroused by a 9 year old girl?? He would be locked up.
Have you read the Old Testament? It is very similar. Better go ban Judaism as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lNurl
Because it's a global game.....

Big countries look at them see the religion and population grow, they stick to whatever they believe (which means it's easier to anger them) in comparison to western countries.

it's like bullying, but not your usual school bullying, it's on bigger scale, something like,

West: we are not allowed many things in our religion, but we don't care, we do whatever we want, do the same
Islam: No thanks, we are good, we like to practise whatever we want
W: Eat this pig with alcohol
I: No
W: Do it, or you will regret
I: NO!
W: Lets start a war over there, and make it look like its their fault...
W: Lets video something half fake half true, and show it to whole world
W: Islam, you should have eaten that pig!

Think about it, why don't America care about North Korea? Because they don't have oil, or anything that America/West can exploit.

Lol.

That is the only response worthy of this post. There is too much brainwash in this post to even bother arguing.
Reply 65
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

There is a whole world out there of religious violence for you to explore.

When was the last time a Sikh blew up a bus in the UK?
Reply 66
Original post by Supersaps
Thank you for this reply! It's really interesting to hear your perspective on these issues. I would like to talk to you more, I think.

I am a devout Catholic and the similarities between Islam and Catholicism are great.

One big difference is in our view of sinful things...I also agree that drunkenness is wrong. The difference between Christianity and Islam is that the Christian is encouraged to go upto the person he disagrees with and be his friend in the hope he'll change his ways. In Islam, you seem to run away from sinful people because you think they will infect you with their sinfulness. Ultimately, we believe in the power of God that our ways will be a shining example and they will follow God rather than running away from sin, we embrace it because we believe in the power to change it and to change people.

That's one of the reasons I think Islam sort of locks itself away from the rest of society. Do you know what I mean?

I can only somehow give examples from my family/community and whatever I have witnessed.

People naturally are attracted to bad things, especially if you have lots of things prohibited to you. I guess it's curiosity inside us, we are human beings, it's easy to trick us, same as how people can be brainwashed to join IS.

So, what Islam does is, tries to put you away so you will not sin. I see the logic, it's exactly like, how parent would tell the child not to play with kids who does drugs. It's exactly like how some cultural parents wont let their kids to have friends with bad grades....

(another badly translated proverb from my country) - When you put horse next to another horse, they wont be the same colour, the will have similar attitude. - it's play with word where they say the things about humans giving animals as example.

Yes- Christian logic is good, but Islamic logic is not wrong either.
According to both religions: 2 people together, one day they will have similar views...
Christianity believes you are the powerful one out of two, however Islam tries to protect at least one of them, because what if Muslim one is the weak one. (I don't know if I'm making any sense) :frown:

but I do fully understand what you mean :smile:
Just because the anti-Sikh prejudice in many parts of India doesn't have an official term (at least not in English) doesn't mean that it isn't real.

I suppose you think it was the fault of the evil Muslims that some far-right nut decided to shoot up a Sikh temple a few years ago?
Reply 68
Original post by brainhuman
Lol.

That is the only response worthy of this post. There is too much brainwash in this post to even bother arguing.

Hint: if you argue you will win it, I have not enough knowledge to back anything I said there :biggrin: it was pure opinion, and I'm not even religious enough to quote Quran, I haven't read a page of it :smile:
Original post by physicst
The question has statistical background. All Islamist are not cruel but majority are which leads to this phobia . In case of other religion vice versa is applicable imo . I am not always correct.

If it is statistical, then it is rational, which in turn means that it cannot, by definition, be a phobia.
Reply 70
Original post by Josb
1. The "West" wasn't united during the Iraq war.
2. The motives of the war weren't only about oil.
3. The four largest Muslim countries (Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh) are not in the Middle East.
4. "Doing an Iraq" is a very costly and ineffective way to "get more oil", since it took ten years for the Iraq production to recover to its pre-war level. Moreover, there are currently 23 oil contracts with foreign companies in Iraq - only seven of them involve Western companies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry_in_Iraq#Service_contracts_licensing_results
5. The invasion was justified by the WMD, not Islamophobia.

Thank you for your post. I shall try and do the same to the best of my ability.

1. I was using the term 'west' as a general term. And in terms of influence (propoganda, e.t.c) , America and the UK make up the majority of the 'west' (I think, it's only an estimate).
2.Maybe. But it was a big motive.
3. Perhaps I should have rephrased myself differently like so: What region has a high abundance of oil - The middle east. What is common about most of the countries in the region - High proportion of muslims. And so on.
4. Can't answer this now. I shall have do some more research first.
5. I always thought that it was 9/11 that sparked it off. And anyway, I thought that it was common knowledge that the information about the WMDs were fake.

Again, Thank you. You've made me look at the Iraq War with a closer eye.
Original post by SaraBZ
When you answered the question I would like to know why you are referring to 'you'.

Also, you didn't answer my question properly- you just gave your own opinion!

Learn how to answer a question clearly please.

You asked a pretty stupid question. So don't throw a tantrum if the answer is not satisfying.

In short, read any history book and you will see that what the poster said is true.
Original post by Butternuts96
It's not factual when 1.8 billion people believe differently. That's just your view as a hateful islamophobe which differs from what atheist historians think of Islam.

You're not much of a "Good bloke" on TSR.
Why do you say "Moslem" rather than "Muslim"? Why do I feel that you're using some kind of derogatory term?

Because Muslims and their supporters like to victimize themselves.

You could google the term Moslem and you'd learn its meaning.
Original post by Leukocyte
A non-Muslim teaching me. Great.

Oh again with the unnecessary false claims about Islam. If that's how you describe it, feel free.

Lol, sadly today in society everyone seems to label salafis as bad for whatever reasons. There isn't much of a difference compared to other Muslims with different schools of thought. The companions were Salaf. You could be reasonable too if you are a salaf. You're just deluded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Too funny.

Germany being Germany it is much more accepting of Muslims as a whole into the country (though that of course has changed with Merkel letting in just a ridiculous number). However the one group that have always had a bad rep, even in the oh so liberal, let's not offend anyone press, and that are "Salafisten" as they are known.

But hey, according to you they're just dandy, so we are all wrong.
Four pages in and no one has thought to support or challenge the belief that other religious minorities get **** off people?

Let's ask Sikhs:

74.5% state they have experienced racism, with 53.4% of them experiencing racism in the last 18 months prior to the survey.

http://www.britishsikhreport.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/BSR_2013_FINAL.pdf

So Sikhs believe they face discrimination, it just does not get reported on.

Sikhs themselves are also victims of Islamphobia as some Brits, while passionate about their dislike of Islam, have come to the erroneous conclusion that wearing a turban makes you a Muslim. For example: spraying "Die Muslims Die" on a Sikh temple. http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/yobs-spray-die-muslims-die-9985403
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by Hydeman

You usually say very sensible things, so I'm somewhat disappointed with this post. Conspiracy theories based around simple 'common sense' are hardly ever right.

You are actually not wrong, my examples might be bad, I'm not big religion fan, however I don't like how media brainwashes people.

As I said, it's a game, change bacon with oil or other things, it's all about control, you either hand over the control to west or pay for it...

Yes bacon and alcohol in there, it was just metaphorical example, what I mean is, making muslim majority countries to bow to west.

so many people are dying, families, kids, terrorism, war, immigration, asylums...

West is controlling, west is powerful, I'm even saying wahabisim is west made, to stop islam from going forward, have even more things prohibited.

Hydeman, your posts are always sensible too, I follow them, and agree with most.
I don't have enough economical, political or religious education to argue with anybody in here.

But my background does give me some information to have opinions on some things.

On the bright note: thanks for feedback :smile: I'm sorry for disappointing you :frown:
Original post by Josb
Because North Korea is backed by China. So, no, the Americans cannot do anything, even if they had wanted.

Because north korea has nuclear weapons.

If saddam hussein REALLY had nuclear weapons the usa would not invade so daringly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lNurl

Visa weaver for Turkey, yeees, because they will shut gates and keep Syrians in their territories, now west don't care about journalists, human rights, education, religion....

Hey, don't think that just because Merkel wants to save her job (if she had not stemmed the flow of immigrants, her own party would have rebelled against her) that people agree with her.

Her ratings are low. It is a complete farce what that woman has done. And there is a lot of criticism for her giving in to Erdogan.
Original post by JC.
When was the last time a Sikh blew up a bus in the UK?

Exactly what I was going to say. We're not seeing any Sikhs, Hindus or Buddhists blowing places up and gunning innocent people down. With Islam claiming to be a religion of peace and then its followers murdering non-believers, which are the majority of the world's population, its no wonder there's so much hatred for them.
Because ISIS members claim they are islamic and so this gives Islam and bad name. Simple.