The Student Room Group

Pregnant Woman Shot 15 Times by Israeli Forces

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Aceadria
One opinion does not constitute fact; a majority does. The above poll showed that all viewed Jews unfavourably.
Well the results shown there are not reliable nor accurate, because saying all the population is wrong.

Okay... and we are not dicussing Moroccans, Indonesians, Pakistanis and six-in-ten Turks. I told you about the British Muslims I know. If you're getting statistics from around the world about Jew hating, from countries where a lot of Palestinians run away to, of course the majority of people are going to hate Jews without learning anything about them.

Furthermore.... 61 per cent of people questioned viewed Jewish people favourably, while an additional 14 per cent of British Muslims had a sort-of middling opinion of Jewish people.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/12/heres-what-you-really-need-to-know-about-british-muslims-5811220/
Reply 101
You're in the minority.

Please read the above. I am not in the minority. I don't understand why you want to prove so much that Muslims hate Jews.

I don't hate homosexuals, neither do my family or the Muslims I know. We don't hate Atheist or Christians, or the west. Seriously, we are just normal people.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Hating Jews is not a Muslim issue. It is an Regional issue. Anti Semitism is pretty common in the Arab World. Christian Arabs from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt etc. have as shown as much anti semitism as Arab Muslims.
You will see that Anti semitism in countries like Indonesia, Malaysia or African Muslim countries is not as common

Posted from TSR Mobile

Christian Arabs are far more positive towards Israel than the Muslims
Original post by KaminiZindagi
Hating Jews is not a Muslim issue. It is an Regional issue. Anti Semitism is pretty common in the Arab World. Christian Arabs from Lebanon, Syria, Egypt etc. have as shown as much anti semitism as Arab Muslims.
You will see that Anti semitism in countries like Indonesia, Malaysia or African Muslim countries is not as common

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again, you have provided no evidence for your statement. This is simply an unsubstantiated opinion.
Reply 104
Original post by Smoke Rings

The user @Aceadria just showed statistics that 99% of Lebanese Christians are not in favour of Jews. Chrisitians just like Muslims in Arab countries are not in favour of Jews as they get to witness what is happening to Palestinians. Also, there are Christian Palestinians who are suffering.
Original post by Mona-S
The user @Aceadria just showed statistics that 99% of Lebanese Christians are not in favour of Jews. Chrisitians just like Muslims in Arab countries are not in favour of Jews as they get to witness what is happening to Palestinians. Also, there are Christian Palestinians who are suffering.

Be quiet slut, the men are talking
Original post by Mona-S

Opinions are what make facts,.

Nope

Try harder
Original post by Mona-S
Well the results shown there are not reliable nor accurate, because saying all the population is wrong.

Okay... and we are not dicussing Moroccans, Indonesians, Pakistanis and six-in-ten Turks. I told you about the British Muslims I know. If you're getting statistics from around the world about Jew hating, from countries where a lot of Palestinians run away to, of course the majority of people are going to hate Jews without learning anything about them.

Furthermore.... 61 per cent of people questioned viewed Jewish people favourably, while an additional 14 per cent of British Muslims had a sort-of middling opinion of Jewish people.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/12/heres-what-you-really-need-to-know-about-british-muslims-5811220/

You trying to justify why those polls view Jews unfavourably is irrelevant; the fact that they do stills stands. Moreover, the ICM polls to which the article you provide uses have been heavily criticised (mainly for methodology). Therefore, it may not be a true representation of British Muslims.

My point was that you may know a few people who view Jews favourably, but that is not necessarily a reflection of the wider community.
Reply 108
Be quiet slut, the men are talking

I'm guessing you don't have anything to reply, so instead said this.Interesting.. you don't seem to sound like a man.
Original post by Mona-S

As previously stated, you're providing the causes for why for the stats; not the stats themselves. Please do not digress.
Reply 110
You trying to justify why those polls view Jews unfavourably is irrelevant; the fact that they do stills stands. Moreover, the ICM polls to which the article you provide uses have been heavily criticised (mainly for methodology). Therefore, it may not be a true representation of British Muslims.

My point was that you may know a few people who view Jews favourably, but that is not necessarily a reflection of the wider community.

You provided statics that showed 100% of Arabs are not in favour of Jews. If something should be criticised, it's that.
Original post by Mona-S
You provided statics that showed 100% of Arabs are not in favour of Jews. If something should be criticised, it's that.

Nope, you've misinterpreted the findings. Have a look through it again.
Original post by lolatmaths
Oh shut up you israeli sympathiser. No one apart from the jews are on their side.

I'm not a Jew and I support their right to exist.

That doesn't mean we can't criticise them but releasing your inner bigot because it has become socially acceptable regarding Israel is does not help the Palestinians.

I at least hope you follow your logic through to criticising state sponsored rape in Iran, FGM in Egypt and the power backed murder of bloggers in Bagladesh and Pakistan. If not you are at besta hypocrite, at worst a misguided bigot.
Reply 113
Nope, you've misinterpreted the findings. Have a look through it again.

I don't need to look at it again. I agree with you that many Arabs in Muslim countries are not in favour of Jews. Just like the Christians.

But as I said, we are not talking about the Arabs in Muslim countries, we are talking about British Muslims, and British Muslims do not hate Jews. Of course there will be some that do, but they are not a majority.

Also, you've stated that areas with large Muslim population often hate Jews. I'm not sure if you would agree that Bradford has a lot of Muslims, but,
Please look at this. http://www.timesofisrael.com/muslim-group-helps-save-old-english-synagogue/
Original post by Mona-S
I don't need to look at it again. I agree with you that many Arabs in Muslim countries are not in favour of Jews. Just like the Christians.

That's not what the Pew poll says and it's not what I said.

Original post by Mona-S
But as I said, we are not talking about the Arabs in Muslim countries, we are talking about British Muslims, and British Muslims do not hate Jews. Of course there will be some that do, but they are not a majority.

Actually we are talking about Muslims. Regional and cultural differences were brought into the discussion by you and irrelevant to the original topic.

Original post by Mona-S
Also, you've stated that areas with large Muslim population often hate Jews. I'm not sure if you would agree that Bradford has a lot of Muslims, but,
Please look at this. http://www.timesofisrael.com/muslim-group-helps-save-old-english-synagogue/

A one-time scenario does not constitute opinion. I have given you a poll by a reputable pollster; you've provided a faulty poll and an act of kindness. Neither of these are sign of fact.
Original post by Mona-S
British Muslims do not hate Jews

tell that to the Labour party
Reply 116
T.

Okay. You are so obsessed with proving that Muslims do in fact hate the Jews, that even when I do provide you with any factual claims you criticise it.

Not true at all !!
Lebanese people hate Israel from the bottom of their heart.
Believe this is a misconception. You also have to understand that Christian Arabs are far more religious and hence because of the whole story with Jesus it kinda became all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Again, you have provided no evidence for your statement. This is simply an unsubstantiated opinion.

I can. Give me a minutw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mona-S
Okay. You are so obsessed with proving that Muslims do in fact hate the Jews, that even when I do provide you with any factual claims you criticise it.

You haven't provided any evidence, Mona-S. But when you do, please do quote me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending