The Student Room Group

What personality type are you?

Scroll to see replies

ESTJ-A the executive. Spot on for me.
Original post by Freudian Slit
Yes I would say you are definitely some of those but not energetic and efficient! Though, it seems as when you are in the full positive version of yourself (i.e. when you lift etc.) you are infact those things, but life has just taken them out of you? I guess there is a difference between our core personality and then the one which we project because life and things. I guess that disconnect can often underly MH issues imo.

Here are the strengths for INFP and I think they are so definitely me but the weaknesses really aren't e.g. dislike dealing with data- I LOVE DATA :lol:

Idealistic INFPs' friends and loved ones will come to admire and depend on them for their optimism. Their unshaken belief that all people are inherently good, perhaps simply misunderstood, lends itself to an incredibly resilient attitude in the face of hardship.

Seek and Value Harmony People with the INFP personality type have no interest in having power over others, and don't much care for domineering attitudes at all. They prefer a more democratic approach, and work hard to ensure that every voice and perspective is heard.

Open-Minded and Flexible A live-and-let-live attitude comes naturally to INFPs, and they dislike being constrained by rules. INFPs give the benefit of the doubt too, and so long as their principles and ideas are not being challenged, they'll support others' right to do what they think is right.

Very Creative INFPs combine their intuitive nature with their open-mindedness to allow them to see things from unconventional perspectives. Being able to connect many far-flung dots into a single theme, it's no wonder that many INFPs are celebrated poets and authors.

Passionate and Energetic When something captures INFPs' imagination and speaks to their beliefs, they go all in, dedicating their time, energy, thoughts and emotions to the project. Their shyness keeps them from the podium, but they are the first to lend a helping hand where it's needed.

Dedicated and Hard-Working While others focusing on the challenges of the moment may give up when the going gets tough, INFPs (especially Assertive ones) have the benefit of their far-reaching vision to help them through. Knowing that what they are doing is meaningful gives people with this personality type a sense of purpose and even courage when it comes to accomplishing something they believe in.

I think that's true. At best I am energetic and efficient, but I am so infrequently operating at anything greater than 5% of my capacity that it isn't a good general reflection. I'm not sure if life has taken it out of me or if I have taken it out of life. I've not been able to actually try at anything since before I was a teenager. No matter the stimuli I exist in a state of ineluctable mediocrity. Though, like I said to you before, I'm taking the 200IQ from the internet test and running with it :colone: :lol:

The people who know me the best in this world know that I'm a walking contradiction in many ways. I don't mean it in that awful teenage snowflake way, but simply that my personality is often inconsistent. It is why I seem to get a slightly different result from these kinds of tests every time I take them.

Who doesn't love data. Dat epidemiology :sogood:

The problem is that when answering these questions it is very difficult for us to be honest with ourselves. People often have a conception of themselves which is predicated on the best aspects of their personality and, relevantly, qualities they wished they possessed in greater quantity. People so often think they are smarter, funnier and more well liked then they are. We are all a little Brent - that's the magic of it.
Original post by banterboy
intp and entp have the highest iqs. just accept that we're the master race

Typically, yes, they have the highest IQs. This is because IQ tests your ability to think on your own about abstract concepts that you have never seen before, thus giving INTPs an advantage as these are the traits which are typical of this type. Bear in mind that IQ is not the sole measure of intelligence. Many Rationals in general suffer from well below average EQ (the area of intelligence in which NFs flourish) and many NTPs suffer from poor organisational skills where SJs are superior. There is also creative intelligence (the form of intelligence employed when composing music or creating art), which SPs perform extremely well in.

IQ may be the measure of intelligence which is the best known and the most valued by modern culture (ironic considering those who normally possess the highest IQs struggle with conforming to social convention) but it is by no means a measure of the worth of an individual person.

You're entitled to your own opinion but if everybody on Earth was of the same type, the world would be stuck with one way of thinking and would be a very boring place.
(edited 7 years ago)
INFP - The Mediator image.jpg
Same as William Shakespeare. & Tolkein :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by espace13
Typically, yes, they have the highest IQs. This is because IQ tests your ability to think on your own about abstract concepts that you have never seen before, thus giving INTPs an advantage as these are the traits which are typical of this type. Bear in mind that IQ is not the sole measure of intelligence. Many Rationals in general suffer from well below average EQ (the area of intelligence in which NFs flourish) and many NTPs suffer from poor organisational skills where SJs are superior. There is also creative intelligence (the form of intelligence employed when composing music or creating art), which SPs perform extremely well in.

IQ may be the measure of intelligence which is the best known and the most valued by modern culture (ironic considering those who normally possess the highest IQs struggle with conforming to social convention) but it is by no means a measure of the worth of an individual person.

You're entitled to your own opinion but if everybody on Earth was of the same type, the world would be stuck with one way of thinking and would be a very boring place.

Also, entps should make great writers due to our extraordinary linguistic reasoning skills (the intps edge us out on non verbal reasoning skills though)

This makes us great writers and well as great scientists and philosophers
Reply 105
campaigner (enfp-a)
Reply 106
Original post by MrDystopia
ESTJ-A, the Executive.

The best personality obviously :tongue:

Obviously....

ESTJ
A:49% T:51%

@nucdev
Reply 107
Original post by claireestelle
ISFJ :smile:

SAME :biggrin:
Original post by banterboy

Also, entps should make great writers due to our extraordinary linguistic reasoning skills (the intps edge us out on non verbal reasoning skills though)

This makes us great writers and well as great scientists and philosophers

I agree. ENTPs would make excellent writers, as well as scientists and philosophers among other professions.

But no one type's sterotypical values fully encompass what it means to be human. You are an ENTP (or that's what I presume based on your comment) but you are almost certainly not 100% Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking and Perceiving. Your personality is a blend of E, I, N, S, T, F, P, and J. Your type's 'shadow' still exists within your personality as I'm sure you sometimes enjoy moments of solitude, think practically, show empathy and plan ahead. A hypothetical person who is 100% ENTP would not be able to display these traits.

In the end, would you want to live in a world without intellectualism (NT), optimism and empathy (NF), organised systems (SJ) or art, music and other forms of creative expression (SP)? If your answer is no then no single type can be the "master race" as each type and its unique traits (which are present in both those of the specific type and everyone else in a more minor way) are necessary for each one of these to exist.
Reply 109
ISFJ the defender apparently
Original post by espace13
I agree. ENTPs would make excellent writers, as well as scientists and philosophers among other professions.

But no one type's sterotypical values fully encompass what it means to be human. You are an ENTP (or that's what I presume based on your comment) but you are almost certainly not 100% Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking and Perceiving. Your personality is a blend of E, I, N, S, T, F, P, and J. Your type's 'shadow' still exists within your personality as I'm sure you sometimes enjoy moments of solitude, think practically, show empathy and plan ahead. A hypothetical person who is 100% ENTP would not be able to display these traits.

In the end, would you want to live in a world without intellectualism (NT), optimism and empathy (NF), organised systems (SJ) or art, music and other forms of creative expression (SP)? If your answer is no then no single type can be the "master race" as each type and its unique traits (which are present in both those of the specific type and everyone else in a more minor way) are necessary for each one of these to exist.

ffs, trolling you is boring
Original post by lllllllllll
Woo got the same!

cuz we're BEASTS!
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
@undercxver do this test if you haven't already and then report back. Quickly.

There's so many threads on this same test thingy. I've done it before, I get a different results every time I do it.
Spent like half an hour looking for this. Could've just done it again. You owe me thirty BBQ's.

Original post by undercxver
Consul ESFJ-T

54% Extraverted

61% Observant

74% Feeling

78% Judging

66% Turbulent

Spoiler

Here's that thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3879045&
Original post by undercxver
There's so many threads on this same test thingy. I've done it before, I get a different results every time I do it.
Spent like half an hour looking for this. Could've just done it again. You owe me thirty BBQ's.

Here's that thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3879045&

Wow... I'm not going to make any comments here and you know why lol
Interesting result tho
ISFJ-T The defender
weirdly accurate...
INFP - "The mediator"
INTP - The Legend
INFJ
Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 20.19.58.png

Anyone else here ISFP (Adventurer) ??
ENFP

Spoiler