The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Biology Unit 3 9th May 2016 Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OmarKG
Yes my centre had the same problem, "printing error" as the invigilators called it. It was alright overall. Surprisingly, I found the first question more difficult than the second.

Yes I did find it more difficult too, question two was really straightforward. Although I predicted that the Daphnia experiment would come but man they're good at inventing weird questions...
(edited 7 years ago)
Agh I messed up the graph, so upset. But overall it was okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 122
My graph was perfect the first 3 mins was constant then the curve shaped like U and i mess up the caption question
Reply 123
Original post by A-Level Student-
Yes I did find it more difficult too, question two was really straightforward. Although I predicted that the Daphnia experiment would come but man they're good at inventing weird questions...

True that. The daphnia practical is supposingly the easiest we couldve ever gotten. Guess it just backfired though..
For the second question about the horses, which paragraph did u guys insert the graph ??
Would it be wrong to say that the size of Daphnia was a controlled variable and we can measure it using a ruler?
Original post by Royalpizza
For the second question about the horses, which paragraph did u guys insert the graph ??

I inserted it in paragraph 4, not really sure thou

Posted from TSR Mobile
my paper was terrible.
messed up in graph and im not sure about the comment and suggest questions.
Original post by Royalpizza

paragraph 4
Original post by Hiyoriiki
my paper was terrible.
messed up in graph and im not sure about the comment and suggest questions.

ughhhh me too i was so damn nervous. i forgot to use the SD values in the q that says use all the informationyou have to .... GAAH :frown:
Original post by Saima Hasnain
I inserted it in paragraph 4, not really sure thou

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup same
Btw can we leave the graph in pencil??
Original post by pondsteps
ughhhh me too i was so damn nervous. i forgot to use the SD values in the q that says use all the informationyou have to .... GAAH :frown:

the graph in q2 was super weird too
Original post by A-Level Student-
I actually found it pretty good! Who else had the bloody graph problem?

yeahhhhh TF WAS THAT GRAPH!! u cant write the values on the y-axis what the hell...
Reply 134
Yeah i was this close to write this examiner is stupid however our physics teacher who was a badass told us that we can write the values in the graph
yeahhhhh TF WAS THAT GRAPH!! u cant write the values on the y-axis what the hell...

It wasn't required to include the SD in the graph!
What do u think the threshold will be?
Btw can we leave the graph in pencil??

It should be in pencil!
guys is 15 degree temperature okay for daphnia?
also, i said O2 conc for the variable, and oxygenate the equal volumes of ethanol and pond water for equal time. Is that even acceptable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending