The Student Room Group

Pregnant Woman Shot 15 Times by Israeli Forces

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KaminiZindagi
Not true at all !!
Lebanese people hate Israel from the bottom of their heart.
Believe this is a misconception. You also have to understand that Christian Arabs are far more religious and hence because of the whole story with Jesus it kinda became all...Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by KaminiZindagi
I never suggested 100prcnt..lol
dont put words into my mouth.
i dont mind..Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you said that the Lebanese hate Israel. Can you say this about every single individual in Lebanon? Or can you provide evidence where it is a significant majority?
Original post by Mona-S
I did not misquote you; please read your previous quote where you wrote 'In Lebanon, all Muslims say they have a very unfavorable view of Jews.' I don't know if you know this but all usually means 100%, any poll that says this is inaccurate and unreliable.

I was quoting from the Pew poll. You're indeed correct that polls can be inaccurate and unreliable, but if this is the case with this very poll, please do show where it is wrong; don't simply say it's wrong because the results don't match your opinion.

Original post by Mona-S
As you said before, your opinion that the poll I provided was flawed, does not matter, because, well it's your opinion.

Actually, I stated that the poll was flawed because of its methodology. Not because I disagree with the results. A poll that has incorrect data will have results that don't affect reality.

Original post by Mona-S
Also, you have shown no evidence that say British Muslims hate Jews, and therefore, your original argument about hating Jews is invalid.

Straw man.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Yes because when has ethnic nationalism ever gone wrong.

I have an idea where this is going, but rather than assuming, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: what nation are you alluding to here?
Original post by Aceadria
I have an idea where this is going, but rather than assuming, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: what nation are you alluding to here?

I can't say I know where ChaoticButterfly is going, but I'd suggest Serbia as a starting example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 144
I was quoting from the Pew poll. You're indeed correct that polls can be inaccurate and unreliable, but if this is the case with this very poll, please do show where it is wrong; don't simply say it's wrong because the results don't match your opinion.

Actually, I stated that the poll was flawed because of its methodology. Not because I disagree with the results. A poll that has incorrect data will have results that don't affect reality.

Straw man.

I'll use your answer for the bold; 'A poll that has incorrect data will have results that don't affect reality.' Saying 100% of Muslims believe in something is far away from reality.

Straw man - A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not advanced by that opponent. - That's actually what you keep doing. :curious:

Think before you talk and don't be ignorant. - Yet you are still ignorant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BaconandSauce
Nope my 'nope' is a fact

Your 'nope' is an opinion.

Opinion - a thought or belief about something or someone.
Original post by Damien96
I'm not a Jew and I support their right to exist.

That doesn't mean we can't criticise them but releasing your inner bigot because it has become socially acceptable regarding Israel is does not help the Palestinians.

I at least hope you follow your logic through to criticising state sponsored rape in Iran, FGM in Egypt and the power backed murder of bloggers in Bagladesh and Pakistan. If not you are at besta hypocrite, at worst a misguided bigot.

You choose to make assumptions about me. thats on you.
Support our Israeli brothers and sisters.
Original post by lolatmaths
You choose to make assumptions about me. thats on you.

I clearly said I hope you do that, not that you do ignore other injustices. Unlike you who said all non Jews believe the same as you. If you do use your energies to highlight those other causes I am very pleased to hear that because the minorities in those countries need all our support.
IDF's treatment of Palestinians, or non-Israeli citizens, are very much reminiscent to US cops' treatment of black people.

Only in the former's case a literal army needs to parade with rifles and grenades in an occupied territory.

A non-violent development would have surfaced in 2014 had Obama exercised his power to recognize Palestine state at the UN security council. Unfortunately, US decided to veto such a resolution which meant Israel could continue it's Palestinian occupation indefinitely.
Original post by Damien96
I clearly said I hope you do that, not that you do ignore other injustices. Unlike you who said all non Jews believe the same as you. If you do use your energies to highlight those other causes I am very pleased to hear that because the minorities in those countries need all our support.

We're discussing the matter between israel and palestine here and i criticised Israel, the atrocities in other countries is irrelevant.
Original post by Trapz99
Support our Israeli brothers and sisters.

Go see a doctor for help with your mental retardation. You stupid folks find it permittable that armed soldiers kill a pregnant woman? Sick people you are.
Nope my 'nope' is a fact

factfakt/nounnoun: fact; plural noun: facts

a thing that is known or proved to be true.

as opinions do not make fact (what an absolutely asinine thing to claim though)

but do tell me as I'm confused do you think opinions are facts?

But as the poster seems to have the IQ of a hamster (an opinion) perhaps this will help them (or not as they case may be)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/factsheet/en06opin-l1-f-what-is-fact-and-opinion

As someone who went to the Open university i can only assume this condescending tone and veil of false intelligence you are displaying is your alter ego.

Cut the ******** and have a sensible discussion idiot.
Original post by Metalfros
Go see a doctor for help with your mental retardation. You stupid folks find it permittable that armed soldiers kill a pregnant woman? Sick people you are.

You would know about pregnant women getting killed

Do I really need to give examples of when nationalism based on the superiority/inferiority of a race or ethnic group has resulted in terrible consequences from a humanitarian perspective? 20th century Europe has a few examples :indiff:

Zionism is a form of ethnic nationalism. Sure that can result in a more liberal democratic form of state, but the ugly side of it is essentially a type of fascism which does exist. If it was up to me there would be no such thing as a Jewish state, a Muslim state, a Christian state, a Kurdish state and so on. I think the notion is regressive. States should be liberal and people's cultural and ethnic backgrounds shouldn't matter and should not be built into the state's framework.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ShiningNights
Your 'nope' is an opinion.

Opinion - a thought or belief about something or someone.

OK so this might be a little advanced for you

My 'nope' was a provable fact (opinions are not facts)

If you are struggling with this ask a teacher next time you are in school.
As someone who went to the Open university i can only assume this condescending tone and veil of false intelligence you are displaying is your alter ego.

Cut the ******** and have a sensible discussion idiot.

LOL it seems you struggle to read English

I am 'currently studying' at the Open Uni doing a PhD.

It seems you are embarrassed to tell us which great hallowed place you are an alumni of.

But I do tend to get condescending with idiots

But tell me what do you want to discuss?
LOL it seems you struggle to read English

I am 'currently studying' at the Open Uni doing a PhD.

It seems you are embarrassed to tell us which great hallowed place you are an alumni of.

But I do tend to get condescending with idiots

But tell me what do you want to discuss?

Nah, my A*s in english GCSEs says otherwise, worth more than your degree anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Nah, my A*s in english GCSEs says otherwise, worth more than your degree anyway.

If you say so (you would be the only on who would though and given this is a student forum I think you've just managed to get nominated for Idiot 2016'

But is seems you don't actually want a debate just some childish (understandable) name calling.

But if you do want to debate feel free to put your hand up to ask any questions:biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
If you say so (you would be the only on who would though and given this is a student forum I think you've just managed to get nominated for Idiot 2016'

But is seem you don't actually want a debate just some childish (understandable) name calling.

If i were you i wouldnt call other idiots. Makes you a hypocrite.

You've admitted to trying to put others down with your condescending tone. By doing so, you've made yourself look like a fool by derailing this thread and many other threads simply because they dont agree with you.

Then again, i can understand why you're so stupid. Your education speaks for itself.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending