The Student Room Group

GCSE Grade B to A in 1 week?!

I did a Biology (B1 AQA) past paper and got 29/60 (just scraped a grade B), do you believe I can get an A in a week?!

For Physics I got 32/60 (grade B) can I get an A?

For Chemistry (about a C) could I get an A?

Is there still time?!!
Lol GCSEs aren't hard, of course there is time.
Reply 2
Original post by Bernie2016
Lol GCSEs aren't hard, of course there is time.

ONE WEEK though!!
if you really crack down. Im on the same page with you buddy!
currently:
biology b/a
chemistry c
physics b

Course work
biology A
chemistry A*
physics A*

i am just praying that my coursework slows my fall as a fail my way through the next two weeks :colone:

i am sure you can pull your physics and biology but chem is going to be harder.
Look back on past papers and see what you did wrong. Then revise it to hell! Revise the parts you know to keep it fresh but put your time into the areas you dont know as strongly.
i didnt revise at all for last bio exam and i got a B
You could go from a D to an A in a week with GCSEs
Reply 6
Original post by Straighthate
i didnt revise at all for last bio exam and i got a B

Yes got B too but with revision could I get an A? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
You could go from a D to an A in a week with GCSEs

REALLY?! Even Maths and Science??!!! WHat about Maths?!
Original post by _Xenon_
Yes got B too but with revision could I get an A? :smile:

yeah
Original post by _Xenon_
REALLY?! Even Maths and Science??!!! WHat about Maths?!

It depends really on how much work your willing to put in and whether you're good at the subject but yeah if you put your mind to it I guess.
Reply 10
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
It depends really on how much work your willing to put in and whether you're good at the subject but yeah if you put your mind to it I guess.

I'm good at Maths but there is a lot of content to get through in a week or two!!
Original post by _Xenon_
ONE WEEK though!!

If you stop panicking in posts on the internet and start trying you might pull it off. My physics teacher was trying to convince me to enter for the foundation paper toward the end of the year but I didn't and got an A on about a week's worth of work, if that.

You can go from D to A in a GCSE science with one free night and a decent revision guide imo
Original post by _Xenon_
I'm good at Maths but there is a lot of content to get through in a week or two!!

In highschool I was terrible at maths, I was working at a E/D grade. A few weeks before my exam I told my self I cannot fail maths so I revised everything on the spec and did every past paper and eventually got a high C. Even though i did no work through the year and my teacher was absent 75% of the time I still managed to pass with 2 weeks of revision and exam practice. It may not be an A but I'm bad at maths to start with :frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If you stop panicking in posts on the internet and start trying you might pull it off. My physics teacher was trying to convince me to enter for the foundation paper toward the end of the year but I didn't and got an A on about a week's worth of work, if that.

You can go from D to A in a GCSE science with one free night and a decent revision guide imo

Wow thanks for motivation! I'm off TSR now to get started!!!!!! Bye guys and thank you if it's slightly possible I'll work as hard as I can to succeed and accomplish my goal cheers
Yeah I went from a d to an a in history it's definitely possible
Original post by _Xenon_
ONE WEEK though!!

And?
my grades were pretty much the same (other than in physics...:ashamed:) i have hope we could both get them a's!!!!
Reply 17
Original post by kaylakerr13
my grades were pretty much the same (other than in physics...:ashamed:) i have hope we could both get them a's!!!!

WE CAN DO IT AND WE WILL! :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 18
Wow, I've had nearly the exact same results in my B1, C1 and P1 mocks. Hoping that bulk revision will get the As
Reply 19
Argh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending