The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2016

I'm Finished! Went better that I expected😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I finished an hour early, I think? It was much easier than my prelim and the multiple choice was an absolute blessing. Everyone else that I talked to that finished early thought they also did (really) well and that the whole paper was easier than expected. :biggrin:

There were a few dodgy questions but that's about it. I managed to get around them in the end!
Reply 2
Went easier than expected as well! The only tricky one was the one about using predator instead of pesticide. Probably because we never studied it at school or at least not in my school. They may, however, increase the percent for the grades which would suck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone have a copy of the section A they can show me?
Reply 4
Original post by Yandex
Went easier than expected as well! The only tricky one was the one about using predator instead of pesticide. Probably because we never studied it at school or at least not in my school. They may, however, increase the percent for the grades which would suck.

I put "natural control" for that, but 5 minutes after I left I realised it was "biological control." :tongue: We never really went over that in fourth year but we did go over it early on in third year and it was lodged too far back!

I found the lactose/lactase one a bit challenging too but I got around that thankfully.

Oh, there was also another one with the average rate of decreasing abundance of flowers or something. Many people I talked to got 10.8 but I got 2.5 for some odd reason :v
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Salenite
I put "natural control" for that, but 5 minutes after I left I realised it was "biological control." :tongue: We never really went over that in fourth year but we did go over it early on in third year and it was lodged too far back!

I found the lactose/lactase one a bit challenging too but I got around that thankfully.

That's why I don't remember it. I wasn't here in third year.

I got 2.5 as well I think that was the right answer. 10.8 doesn't make sense really.
(edited 7 years ago)

Oh, there was also another one with the average rate of decreasing abundance of flowers or something. Many people I talked to got 10.8 but I got 2.5 for some odd reason :v

I got the last question as biological control too :smile:
Reply 7
i got 2 for that question, 10.8 is the average and 2 was the average decrease
Reply 8

I got 2.5 too, I did it without a calculator because I was getting 10.8 when I did that but obviously that's not right :tongue:

Did anybody else notice that Q7 had 2 of the same things printed? A and C and B and D were definitely the same.
Reply 9
Am I the only one that found it hard!? I hate biology! I was hoping I could scrape a C but the boundaries will probably be going up :frown:
I got 2.5 because people went wrong when they turned a percentage into a percentage😂 It was a really good paper but it wasn't like any other paper I had done before, that's for sure! Few trick questions, one that annoyed me was on the multiple choice and it asked what the most common individual phenotype was? I put B I think.
I can't remember what I got but it is only worth one mark. I finished in an hour but foor now just in case I will say for me it was not too hard but not to easy (for now) :smile:
Reply 12
Pretty random but did anybody else get A a lot on the multiple choice? I got it like 7 or 8 times :s-smilie:
Original post by jj1814
Pretty random but did anybody else get A a lot on the multiple choice? I got it like 7 or 8 times :s-smilie:

Can't remember but I'm sure it ok
Reply 14
Original post by jj1814
I got 2.5 too, I did it without a calculator because I was getting 10.8 when I did that but obviously that's not right :tongue:

Did anybody else notice that Q7 had 2 of the same things printed? A and C and B and D were definitely the same.

Yes omg! They were literally identical!
Reply 15
Did anyone get 8400 for the question about kilojoules I think? After the pie chart.
Reply 16
Original post by LMM18
Did anyone get 8400 for the question about kilojoules I think? After the pie chart.

Yep!

Was the gland that makes hormones pituitary? I said thyroid :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Did anyone feel that was more like a maths test than biology? They missed out so much like the brain, neurones???
I got that. What did everyone put for that questions about lactose, was it degredation or synthesis?
Reply 19
I said endocrine? 😕

Quick Reply