The Student Room Group

Cambridge French IGCSE Writing

Had my CIE French listening and writing exams today. Listening was horrid but the writing was easy.

Key word: was. I went over the word limit on the last question by say 20 words. It had my future tense and my writing on the last point of the question. How badly will this affect my mark? So stressed, so any help would be much appreciated

cheers x
If the examiner counts your words and sees that you have gone over the limit, it could be crossed and not counted, but honestly don't stress you may be lucky
Reply 2
Original post by emilyy_elizabeth
If the examiner counts your words and sees that you have gone over the limit, it could be crossed and not counted, but honestly don't stress you may be lucky

did some serious searching in my worry and found that they don't penalise those going over the word limit, and shouldn't do..hopefully everything's sound
Original post by ammarabbas
Had my CIE French listening and writing exams today. Listening was horrid but the writing was easy.

Key word: was. I went over the word limit on the last question by say 20 words. It had my future tense and my writing on the last point of the question. How badly will this affect my mark? So stressed, so any help would be much appreciated

cheers x

I had mine today as well, I found the last 3 pages of the listening horrible, I could barely understand what they were saying. I found the writing ok but I'm not sure if I got the correct verb and word count ngl so scared :/
Reply 4
Original post by katodizzle
I had mine today as well, I found the last 3 pages of the listening horrible, I could barely understand what they were saying. I found the writing ok but I'm not sure if I got the correct verb and word count ngl so scared :/

I found the last couple of pages hard as well, but the writing didn't seem too hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending