The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Accommodation

Hello,
I have been accepted to study social work at Brighton Falmer Campus and now I need to apply for accommodation, the only thing is I don't have a clue where is best to live and where I can find information on all the different halls, I know great wilkins and paddock fields are obvious choices but I have four more choices to fill, can anyone help me?????
Sophia :smile:
Hi Sophia

It's hard to advise you on where is best because different people want different things from accommodation. For example, if you'd fancy being close to town Phoenix is your best bet, but if you want a catered package, you'd need to look at Varley and Moulsecoomb.

You can find out info on all of our halls on our website, click on the name of each site and it will bring up detailed info on each hall & block.

I hope this helps, but please get in touch with us if need any more info :smile:

Original post by sophiaamylee
Hello,
I have been accepted to study social work at Brighton Falmer Campus and now I need to apply for accommodation, the only thing is I don't have a clue where is best to live and where I can find information on all the different halls, I know great wilkins and paddock fields are obvious choices but I have four more choices to fill, can anyone help me?????
Sophia :smile:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm going to be studying Psychology. I've already applied for the halls even though I don't have a clue how it works. Does anyone here know what Wilkins, Falmer, Paddock and Phoenix is? Is it the halls? I've already applied for these places but I don't know if they're halls or not. If anyone could help I'd be grateful 😊
Hi

If you applied for accommodation online, you should have been able to look at lots of information about each hall here

The halls are all listed with information about price and contract length, you can click the links and find full information about each block, with photographic tours of rooms, kitchens and common spaces.

:smile:

Original post by mdeery94
I'm going to be studying Psychology. I've already applied for the halls even though I don't have a clue how it works. Does anyone here know what Wilkins, Falmer, Paddock and Phoenix is? Is it the halls? I've already applied for these places but I don't know if they're halls or not. If anyone could help I'd be grateful 😊
Reply 4
[QUOTE=University of Brighton;64254757]Hi Sophia

It's hard to advise you on where is best because different people want different things from accommodation. For example, if you'd fancy being close to town Phoenix is your best bet, but if you want a catered package, you'd need to look at Varley and Moulsecoomb.

You can find out info on all of our halls on our website, click on the name of each site and it will bring up detailed info on each hall & block.

I hope this helps, but please get in touch with us if need any more info :smile:

But have I actually applied for the halls? Is the list I've applied for (Phoenix, Falmer etc) all halls that I've applied for?
No they are not all halls.

Falmer is the name of a campus, on that campus we have both Paddock Field Halls and Great Wilkins Halls.

The other names are of halls.

Did you do an online application? If you did then you applied for halls.

But have I actually applied for the halls? Is the list I've applied for (Phoenix, Falmer etc) all halls that I've applied for?
Reply 6
[QUOTE=University of Brighton;64696985]No they are not all halls.

Falmer is the name of a campus, on that campus we have both Paddock Field Halls and Great Wilkins Halls.

The other names are of halls.

Did you do an online application? If you did then you applied for halls.

So far I have applied for
Preferences 1 Falmer: Great Wilkins Single En SuiteSelf Catered Preferences 2 Falmer: Paddock Field Single En SuiteSelf CateredPreferences 3 Phoenix: Phoenix Single En SuiteSelf CateredPreferences 4 Varley: Woodland/Downland Lodge Single En Suite Catered

I'm confused because I don't know what this means. I'm hoping to get into the halls but are the choices I've entered actual halls?
Yes, you are using the accommodation application portal, so your only options are halls or "Unihomes", which is only one option and clearly marked as Unihomes. All of the things you have listed there are halls.

e.g.
1 - Falmer (this is the location of the hall) Great Wilkins (This is the name of the hall) Single (a single room) En-suite (Room has it's own shower room) Self Catered (You are not buying a food package)

So far I have applied for
Preferences 1 Falmer: Great Wilkins Single En SuiteSelf Catered Preferences 2 Falmer: Paddock Field Single En SuiteSelf CateredPreferences 3 Phoenix: Phoenix Single En SuiteSelf CateredPreferences 4 Varley: Woodland/Downland Lodge Single En Suite Catered

I'm confused because I don't know what this means. I'm hoping to get into the halls but are the choices I've entered actual halls?
Reply 8
Original post by University of Brighton
Yes, you are using the accommodation application portal, so your only options are halls or "Unihomes", which is only one option and clearly marked as Unihomes. All of the things you have listed there are halls.

e.g.
1 - Falmer (this is the location of the hall) Great Wilkins (This is the name of the hall) Single (a single room) En-suite (Room has it's own shower room) Self Catered (You are not buying a food package)

Ok I understand now lol. When is it I find out if I've got into the halls or not?
We will be letting people know the outcome of their applications in August :smile:

Ok I understand now lol. When is it I find out if I've got into the halls or not?
Original post by University of Brighton
We will be letting people know the outcome of their applications in August :smile:

Ok thanks for your help 😊
No problem :smile:

Ok thanks for your help 😊

Quick Reply