The Student Room Group

PREDICTIONS - AS Level Physics (New Spec) 2016

Thoughts, Ideas, Tips?
Original post by runningcat
Thoughts, Ideas, Tips?

Hi! I moved this into the physics exams forum for you - you're more likely to get an answer here :h:
Reply 2
I am almost certain that stationary waves will be tested vigorously in paper 1 as it isn't involved much in any of the specimen papers. SI units will also be tested in the MCQ section of paper 2.
Reply 3
Original post by Kaasi
I am almost certain that stationary waves will be tested vigorously in paper 1 as it isn't involved much in any of the specimen papers. SI units will also be tested in the MCQ section of paper 2.

I had a feeling stationary waves may come up as well, refractive index as well, just a gut feeling. SI Units I am okay with, I just have to keep going over them so that I don't get confused xD
Reply 4
Original post by runningcat
I had a feeling stationary waves may come up as well, refractive index as well, just a gut feeling. SI Units I am okay with, I just have to keep going over them so that I don't get confused xD

What do we need to know about stationary waves
Which exam board is this for?
Reply 6
For OCR I'm expecting a lot of uncertainty and error questions basing off the specimens.
Reply 7
I'm doing aqa
Reply 8
Original post by 11234
What do we need to know about stationary waves

how they're formed
superposition
measuring stationary waves
how are you guys revising for it? I'm doing AQA and finding it really difficult :/.... I feel like I understand the topic but when I start doing past papers it just makes no sense!
Reply 10
Has anyone done either of the sets of AQA specimen papers? If so, how did you find them?
Reply 11
Im finding the practical and data analysis bits hard. Any tips? Especially on the uncertainty and limitations of methods
Reply 12
Original post by funkybinoculars
how are you guys revising for it? I'm doing AQA and finding it really difficult :/.... I feel like I understand the topic but when I start doing past papers it just makes no sense!

Original post by Kozmo
Has anyone done either of the sets of AQA specimen papers? If so, how did you find them?

Revising is more than just learning. It's more to do with the types of questions. just spend chunks of your time doing questions and written answers.

As for specimen papers, 95% of the whole physics department in my college FAILED THEM.. it says a-lot
Reply 13
Original post by 11234
Im finding the practical and data analysis bits hard. Any tips? Especially on the uncertainty and limitations of methods

I've been advised to focus on measuring uncertainties and calculating percentage uncertainties. knowing how to read micrometers and vernier callipers.
Limitations of methods is a concept that you just have to learn and apply accordingly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending