The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Butternuts96
It's not factual when 1.8 billion people believe differently. That's just your view as a hateful islamophobe which differs from what atheist historians think of Islam.

You're not much of a "Good bloke" on TSR.
Why do you say "Moslem" rather than "Muslim"? Why do I feel that you're using some kind of derogatory term?

Most smokers dont get cancer therefore its not factual that smoking causes cancer

Your turn
[QUOTE=Betelgeuse-;64683197]Most smokers dont get cancer therefore its not factual that smoking causes cancer

Your turn

1. I genuinely don't get your point and its relevance.
2. Most smokers do indeed get cancer of the lung/mouth but a lot people don't get it diagnosed.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, the west is deterring people away from islam by portraying us as 'terrorists' etc so hence the uprise of 'islamophobia'
Its completely childish to see that people associate the small minority of extremists with the whole muslim race yet no one refers to all Germans as 'Nazi's' because of the inhumane actions of one man?

I do not condone any of this in any way but its just a thought
Original post by JC.
The holy mo was a war-monger. Fact.Open a history book.

Let's go back to your original comment to which I quoted.

Original post by JC.
Islam itself is anything but a religion of peace.
Ever read the holy book of fairy stories? Much of the content is about some long dead pedo raising an army to take over the world.

Lmao. Have you read the Qur'an? Considering how the name "Muhammad" is only mentioned 4 times in a book with over 6000 verses, I again repeat my previous response to your statement: Bull****.
1. I genuinely don't get your point and its relevance.
2. Most smokers do indeed get cancer of the lung/mouth but a lot people don't get it diagnosed.

1. Why am i not surprised. If you cannot understand a very reasonable and direct analogy, i would seriously advise you to be less sure footed when hastily labeling people hateful

2. No. No they don't and even if it was not diagnosed, it would be post-mortem

I mean seriously
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 125
Original post by 0to100
Op the reason there is no Islamaphobia is because number one the countries with Islam as a predominant religion like Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan have always been vulnerable to invasions, NOT just the "West" (you mean the United States don't you? @lNurl) in modern times

*@lNurl When you look at Afghanistan's geography you'll see why it's for a fact been getting invaded and warred with, yes, for its resources, since even the Pharaonic Period, but it's not just "the west" it's a timeless fate. The barrier is Islam. Whether there are natural resources the gov't wants to exploit or not, wars start not just over oil and that nonsense you mentioned. It can be a lack of communication and negotiation about various policies and other things.

Islamaphobia has also been around before "the west" wanted its oil, and what you're on about is during the Bush presidency, aren't you? Yeah well Islamic countries have been enemies of the world long before, ever heard of the Crusades? Or Moses? Gaza? Nowt to do with ****ing oil sweetheart. Islam has just been a massive problem because it's shown to be barbaric and full of stubborn supporters.

I wrote long answer but I accidentally closed, I will rewrite it again tonight.

Just few words, you are not wrong, you are right, if you read my other post to other users here, hopefully you will understand my point.

Have lovely evening :wink: amazing day :h:
Original post by lNurl
I wrote long answer but I accidentally closed, I will rewrite it again tonight.

Just few words, you are not wrong, you are right, if you read my other post to other users here, hopefully you will understand my point.

Have lovely evening :wink: amazing day :h:

Wait huh?
Mate. I never spoke anything remotely close to what you are implying. Although, what is your actual point? Use punctuation and learn syntax before attemping to sound clever.

I wasn't trying to sound clever, i was just making a point about how you should look at data from the pew research institute.

It's not my fault what I would call common sense, is what you would call "being clever"
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Most smokers dont get cancer therefore its not factual that smoking causes cancer

Your turn

People who smoke are idiots
Original post by Good bloke
What was hateful about my simple and factual description of Islam and its origins? The only possible point of contention is that Mohammed invented Islam and that it did not spring from a deity.

I certainly hate Islam, but for very good and reasonable reasons. I do not hate Moslems, though, and even have a few Moslem friends. They are well-adjusted ones who are assimilated into western life and pay as much heed to Islamic doctrine as Roman Catholics do to the Pope's views on contraception.

You dont know the meaning of the word factual do u?
Original post by nucdev
:yep: This basically ^^^^

Although careful about calling Sikhism and Buddhism "Vedic based", you might trigger a few Sikhs and Buddhists :lol:
Call 'em "Dharmic". Much safer I find :laugh:

i should've listened to your advice, the butthurt was strong :afraid:
i expected too much from the Dharmic faiths :lol:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Not sure about Sikhism and Buddhism but it says in Hinduism that you can reject anything that goes against modern times. Hence why things like Sati (which is mentioned in literature pieces) has been banned in India. It's not like that in Islam I don't think. If it was, then there wouldn't be people in the world being killed for being gay, leaving Islam, having Western attitudes etc.

Yep, because it's less of an instruction on how to live and more of a guide on where to end up, there's much more flexibility.
The beliefs aren't and shouldn't ever be set in stone.

btw are you Hindu?
Original post by Zargabaath
Yep, because it's less of an instruction on how to live and more of a guide on where to end up, there's much more flexibility.
The beliefs aren't and shouldn't ever be set in stone.

btw are you Hindu?

Yes I am :smile:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Yes I am :smile:

Wait.. are you Indian then?
I'm so awful at guessing what people on here look like :rofl:
Because those religions are not located in oil and mineral rich places. They're also not located in the places where the first Abrahamic faith originated. The Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh land has no value to them, so they're not obsessed on demonising it by pointing out it's flaws. Look at Iran and Afghanistan before the Islamic revolution and Taliban, respectively. They were modern and moving with the times
Reply 135
Original post by physicst
The question has statistical background. All Islamist are not cruel but majority are which leads to this phobia . In case of other religion vice versa is applicable imo . I am not always correct.

What do you mean by islamist?
Reply 136
There's nothing wrong with being an islamophobe because its perfectly justified. It's a corrupt and hateful ideology. I don't endorse Islam the same way i don't endorse Nazism lol.
Reading the comments by 'liberal' people on here makes me want to die haahahahah don't think its the religion of peace just cuz a muslim once coined the phrase
Reply 137
Original post by JC.
Islam itself is anything but a religion of peace.
Ever read the holy book of fairy stories? Much of the content is about some long dead pedo raising an army to take over the world.

I lost it with this one. Please tell me where you got the holy book your referring to from?
Original post by Josb
3. The four largest Muslim countries (Indonesia, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh)
You've phrased that poorly. India has one of the largest Muslim populations but it is not a 'Muslim country'; iirc, Muslims up about 10% of India's total population.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 139
Let's just avoid the majority of muslims.....

Latest

Trending

Trending