The Student Room Group

How long do you reckon this will take?

How long do you reckon it takes to learn 100 pages of information on History? Not memorising but learn - the only things I need to memorise is probably the dates and orders in which things happened. I have utterly messed up and am stressed out - my exams day after tomorrow. Please help. Please and no trolling.
Original post by hilrho
How long do you reckon it takes to learn 100 pages of information on History? Not memorising but learn - the only things I need to memorise is probably the dates and orders in which things happened. I have utterly messed up and am stressed out - my exams day after tomorrow. Please help. Please and no trolling.

Might be worth posting in the History study help forum :thumbsup:
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
Might be worth posting in the History study help forum :thumbsup:

Do you mind moving this there for me then? :smile: I thought posting on Chat might've gotten me more replies you see..
Original post by hilrho
Do you mind moving this there for me then? :smile: I thought posting on Chat might've gotten me more replies you see..

There you go :biggrin:
Is this GCSEs or alevels
Reply 5
There you go :biggrin:

Merci beaucoup! :hugs:

Now if you could just give your random opinion on my question - pretty please? :colondollar:

Original post by lulucoco98
Is this GCSEs or alevels

A Levels
Original post by hilrho
Merci beaucoup! :hugs:

Now if you could just give your random opinion on my question - pretty please? :colondollar:

See how long it takes to memorise 10 and then multiply it by ten?
umpB
Reply 8
See how long it takes to memorise 10 and then multiply it by ten?

Guess I'm just procrastinating aren't I :redface: But I'm stressed out as well and just need reassurance from people that I can do it
Original post by hilrho
Guess I'm just procrastinating aren't I :redface: But I'm stressed out as well and just need reassurance from people that I can do it

Is it an AS or A2- I'm assuming AS because a2 are in June. I'm sure it is doable - a lot of coffee but not to much you don't want to be sick - if their short and concise you'll be fine x
Reply 10
Is it an AS or A2- I'm assuming AS because a2 are in June. I'm sure it is doable - a lot of coffee but not to much you don't want to be sick - if their short and concise you'll be fine x

Yepp it's AS - how long in particular (in hours) do you reckon it could take - maybe 5?
Original post by hilrho
Yepp it's AS - how long in particular (in hours) do you reckon it could take - maybe 5?

I have an AS resit- edexcel next week for history and I'm revising now. If their short and concise and you can memorise quickly, then maybe about today and tomorrow? To get your head around everything. This is serious cramming tho, I did this last year I did alright but not what I wanted.
Reply 12
I have an AS resit- edexcel next week for history and I'm revising now. If their short and concise and you can memorise quickly, then maybe about today and tomorrow? To get your head around everything. This is serious cramming tho, I did this last year I did alright but not what I wanted.

I'm afraid the same might happen to me - I want an A so badly as I would like to read history and econ at oxford. I am a runway model so I was incredibly busy during New York fashion week and right after when I flew back home I got typhoid hence the last minute revision. I really hope I do well though, must show perseverance, know what I mean? What's your paper on? Mine's on French revolution and industrial revolution and account for 30% of my entire grade so I have to nail it.
Original post by hilrho
I'm afraid the same might happen to me - I want an A so badly as I would like to read history and econ at oxford. I am a runway model so I was incredibly busy during New York fashion week and right after when I flew back home I got typhoid hence the last minute revision. I really hope I do well though, must show perseverance, know what I mean? What's your paper on? Mine's on French revolution and industrial revolution and account for 30% of my entire grade so I have to nail it.

Wow, New York fashion week ey!!!!!😵😵 I hope your better and well. Mine is on the Origins of the British empire, the slave trade and anti slavery campaigns. Mine does kind of link to industrial revolution and the French Revolution- great subjects btw. I'm sure if you want to do econ and history at Oxford you must have some high level intelligence which means you'll probably be fine. But keep revising, and don't stop!!!
Reply 14
Wow, New York fashion week ey!!!!!😵😵 I hope your better and well. Mine is on the Origins of the British empire, the slave trade and anti slavery campaigns. Mine does kind of link to industrial revolution and the French Revolution- great subjects btw. I'm sure if you want to do econ and history at Oxford you must have some high level intelligence which means you'll probably be fine. But keep revising, and don't stop!!!

I hope I'm intelligent enough to get in :smile: But if it doesn't work out I'm using the modelling thing as an alternative ^^.
Was an amazing experience haha. I'm signed with IMG and the company is also signed with many of the top models in the industry and I got to meet them in this after party kinda thing and it was sooo much fun haha! So deffo going to continue this if oxford doesn't seem viable.

Thank you btw and good luck with your exams! xxx

Quick Reply

Latest