The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan Question

Hello, I have a quick question that I wish to ask. I was applying for my Student Finance and noted it had two different Maintenance Loan's written (picture attached).

I just wanted to make sure that both options are added after my parents confirm their income, as I highly doubt I can survive in London with only £5,372.

Thank you for any answers in advance.
Every student, providing they meet the criteria is entitled to a tuition fee loan plus a non income assessed maintenance loan. Because you're studying in London, this is higher. You, depending on your parents income, are then entitled to a higher amount of maintenance loan. Hence the second box saying "up to".
Reply 2
I lived in England for 1 year, I would like to konw if I have right for maintenance, I am a EU citizen, thank you very much
Reply 3
Original post by Jivana9
I lived in England for 1 year, I would like to konw if I have right for maintenance, I am a EU citizen, thank you very much

No, sadly not.

If you have lived in the EU for three years before the start of your degree, you can get a Tuition Fee Loan but not a Maintenance Loan. In order to qualify for the Maintenance Loan, you need to have lived in the UK for five years before the start of your degree.
Reply 4
Thank you! I would like to ask you if I will get Loan Fee if the last 10 years I have lived in Japan. I am from Rumania. Thank you again in advance!
Reply 5
Original post by Klix88
No, sadly not.

If you have lived in the EU for three years before the start of your degree, you can get a Tuition Fee Loan but not a Maintenance Loan. In order to qualify for the Maintenance Loan, you need to have lived in the UK for five years before the start of your degree.

Thank you! I would like to ask you if I will get Loan Fee if the last 10 years I have lived in Japan. I am from Rumania. Thank you again in advance!
Reply 6
Original post by Jivana9

No, if you have been living outside the EU for the three years before your degree starts then you will not get any Student Finance at all.
Reply 7
Original post by Klix88
No, if you have been living outside the EU for the three years before your degree starts then you will not get any Student Finance at all.

Thank you very much! Next year in October I will have 2 years since I am came back in EU. If I will pay may university for the first year and staring to the second year I will apply I have chances to get tuition fee? My course start in September. Sorry for bothering you with my questions😓
Reply 8
Original post by Jivana9
Thank you very much! Next year in October I will have 2 years since I am came back in EU. If I will pay may university for the first year and staring to the second year I will apply I have chances to get tuition fee? My course start in September. Sorry for bothering you with my questions😓

No, your entitlement to SF will always be based on what your status was at the start of your course. Your status cannot change mid-course.
Reply 9
I wasn't asked to declare my parents or household income🤔

I know that most people have to, but I dont know why i didnt. I hope I didnt do anything wrong. Not that i think I did😋
Reply 10
Original post by King7
I wasn't asked to declare my parents or household income🤔

I know that most people have to, but I dont know why i didnt. I hope I didnt do anything wrong. Not that i think I did😋

You may not have chosen the option to be assessed on household income. You need to phone SF - they can check your application and change it if necessary.

If you've only recently applied, then it might be a week or two before SF ask for proof of your parents' income.
Reply 11
Original post by Klix88
You may not have chosen the option to be assessed on household income. You need to phone SF - they can check your application and change it if necessary.

If you've only recently applied, then it might be a week or two before SF ask for proof of your parents' income.

Thanks, that really helped!👍 I was worried I done a mistake and may have had to start over again, lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending