The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by M.U.A
Do you know if can remember that question why the ratword plant was decreasing, it was after calculating the average decrease and before the pitfall trap error question

as it was outcompeted by the grass
Reply 81
Yass, got that lol, thanks
The Exam was pretty easy to be honest :smile:
Can someone remind me what the Average decrease question was about i cant seem to remember :biggrin:
Reply 83
Did anyone else think that the last question was a bit unclear, the one about the moths?
does anyone know what exactly the question was about glands? I put pituitary as i though it was asking about any gland that produces a hormone haha, hope you all did well in the exam and are happy with your result
Original post by Chloe.Mc
Did anyone else think that the last question was a bit unclear, the one about the moths?
Not really and can you answer my question thanks :biggrin:
Original post by Zaid Iqbal
The Exam was pretty easy to be honest :smile:
Can someone remind me what the Average decrease question was about i cant seem to remember :biggrin:

it was about the average decrease of a plant, ragwort i think it was? not too sure though can't remember that well
Wait.... where was that question about the error in a pitfall trap?
& for one of the multi choice did yous get 5.7 million or 300000?
thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Med_Diablo
thanks

300000 i think
I wrote for he sampling of invertebrates Temperature probe and the error that it could still be contaminated from the plant test... would i get that? just realised it should have been pitfall trap
Reply 90
hey guys do you have a copy of the national 5 biology paper so could you pls upload it will be great if you did.
Reply 91
thanks

I originally thought it was 5.7 then I crossed it out and put 300,000
Reply 92
do u have the paper pls upload and the answer is 300,000 as the answer says 95% percent is not used for photosynthesis meaning that only 5% is used for photosynthesis. if you calculate 5% it is 300,000 and also you should know to calculate 5% as photosynthesis only happens when light is captured. this again hints to calculate the 5%
Reply 93
What were the options again? I'm worried I picked 30,000 instead of 300,000 but I can't remember if it was an option
Reply 94
Original post by jj1814
What were the options again? I'm worried I picked 30,000 instead of 300,000 but I can't remember if it was an option

I don't think there was 30000 option at all. If you picked the one with the 3 you are right. I may be wrong, however.
Original post by jj1814

30,000 was indeed an option. Option A I believe.
What did everyone put for why the actual ratio differed to the predicted ratio?
Thanks
What did everyone put for why the actual ratio differed to the predicted ratio?
Thanks

i put because fertilisation is a random process, what about you?
I went over the multiple choice with my biology teacher and it was very reassuring. The teachers get the leftover papers at the end of the day i think
Reply 99
Is anyone able to upload a copy of the paper? Or know a link to see it?

Quick Reply

Latest