The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Who's starting Brighton in september?

I'm going to be studying early childhood education and care. What courses are everyone else going to study?

Scroll to see replies

I am hoping to study law and criminology, if i can get the money together and i don't get cold feet
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
[QUOTE=chloekatrina;64639485]I'm going to be studying early childhood education and care. What courses are everyone else going to study?

I'm going to be studying Psychology. I've already applied for the halls even though I don't have a clue how it works. Does anyone here know what Wilkins, Falmer, Paddock and Phoenix is? Is it the halls? I've already applied for these places but I don't know if they're halls or not. If anyone could help I'd be grateful 😊
Reply 3
Original post by mdeery94
I'm going to be studying Psychology. I've already applied for the halls even though I don't have a clue how it works. Does anyone here know what Wilkins, Falmer, Paddock and Phoenix is? Is it the halls? I've already applied for these places but I don't know if they're halls or not. If anyone could help I'd be grateful 😊

I'm not entirely sure myself, I do know that Falmer is the place my course is based at. I would check the Brighton website and see where Psychology is based. Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Original post by jamesmb97
I am hoping to study law and criminology, if i can get the money together and i don't get cold feet

Is Brighton your main choice? What other uni's did you apply for?
Reply 5
[QUOTE=chloekatrina;64683611]I'm not entirely sure myself, I do know that Falmer is the place my course is based at. I would check the Brighton website and see where Psychology is based. Hope this helps!

My course is also based at Falmer. I've checked the website too, it still confuses me lol. And I've emailed them too, they're no help at all. Have you applied for the halls too?
Reply 6
My course is also based at Falmer. I've checked the website too, it still confuses me lol. And I've emailed them too, they're no help at all. Have you applied for the halls too?

No I haven't, I think I probably won't get a place in halls now as I'm a bit late.
Reply 7
[QUOTE=chloekatrina;64684429]No I haven't, I think I probably won't get a place in halls now as I'm a bit late.

You can still apply as its not first come, first served. I'll have to ask someone else on this form about the whole halls thing. Everyone else seems to be as confused as I am lol.
Reply 8
You can still apply as its not first come, first served. I'll have to ask someone else on this form about the whole halls thing. Everyone else seems to be as confused as I am lol.

Ok thank you. Sorry I haven't been able to help you.
Reply 9
Original post by chloekatrina

No problem, hope to see you in the halls next year :smile:

No problem. Hope to see you at the halls in September :smile:
No problem. Hope to see you at the halls in September :smile:

Imagine if we were put in the same place!
Imagine if we were put in the same place!

God help you if that ever happened, I'm a nightmare haha.

Kidding, I'm not that bad lol...
Reply 13
I'll be studying in Brighton in Fall on the Falmer campus.
I will be studying the TESOL MA programme and hopefully not be living in the halls. Is anyone looking for some housemates?

I am from Washington State and my girlfriend is from France. We are both looking for a place to live!!
[QUOTE=tykosay;64694203]I'll be studying in Brighton in Fall on the Falmer campus.
I will be studying the TESOL MA programme and hopefully not be living in the halls. Is anyone looking for some housemates? I am from Washington State and my girlfriend is from France. We are both looking for a place to live!!

I did see someone a while back looking for housemates too. Just keep an eye out. If you do not find a housemate near the time then the university will usually send a housemate to you, who will be another student at the university looking for the same housing as you. At least that's how it works in the university for me in my home town (I'm from Ireland, Derry) and I'm going to study Psychology.
Chloekatrina- i applied for a few other places like Bournemouth but went for Brighton because of the location, what about you?
Original post by jamesmb97
Chloekatrina- i applied for a few other places like Bournemouth but went for Brighton because of the location, what about you?

Another thing you and your girlfriend will have to do is register with a doctor.
Hi

There is still plenty of time to apply for halls. The deadline for applications for UK/EU students is 16th July. The process for allocating is random, it is not based on the date of your application, so as long as you apply by the deadline, your application will be considered along with everyone else's.

You might find it helpful to read this thread, which has lots of information about halls

:smile:

No I haven't, I think I probably won't get a place in halls now as I'm a bit late.
Reply 18
Original post by University of Brighton
Hi

There is still plenty of time to apply for halls. The deadline for applications for UK/EU students is 16th July. The process for allocating is random, it is not based on the date of your application, so as long as you apply by the deadline, your application will be considered along with everyone else's.

You might find it helpful to read this thread, which has lots of information about halls

:smile:

What about students who put Brighton as insurance?
Original post by IAmNero
What about students who put Brighton as insurance?

So these are not halls that I've applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending