The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hilrho
I have indeed my SexyMonkey!😘 If you want to know the story go and visit Queen Bee's VM.

Will do. :smile:

Can't say I'm not at least a little disappointed (and surprised that queen-bee is converting people to Islam, whilst professing to be a Coptic Christian...). :grumble:
Original post by RobML
It's hyper-conservative and I'm not fond of hyper-conservatism in the same way I'm not fond of fascism

Not really. There's room for difference of opinion and interpretation and major decisions are made by a scholarly census. Iirc.
Reply 62
Original post by Hydeman
Will do. :smile:

Can't say I'm not at least a little disappointed (and surprised that queen-bee is converting people to Islam, whilst professing to be a Coptic Christian...). :grumble:

Hahahaha just read it and you'll take back what you said about Queen Bee :tongue:

Spoiler

Reply 63
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.

Any evidence for these false claims???
Original post by hilrho
Hahahaha just read it and you'll take back what you said about Queen Bee :tongue:

Spoiler

Just did, and yeah, I take it back. :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by FredOrJohn
Certainly, no one could disagree with what you are saying because its a truism, its not really controversial. However, if this thread had a title of "Mormonism" or "New Labour" or "Buddhism" I would still come out with the bits that I do not like about it. If you start a thread on your "BELIEF" you probably should expect people who do not believe it to say what they think and do not accuse them of being brain washed by the TV or media. The whole "veils" debate was looked at strongly by Christianity in the 1960s from all sides. And the net result was "veils/hats were considered anti-feminist". It was not a closed mind, it was a decade of debates.

I think I got it. So we are saying that people are allowed to think and speak within certain boundaries?!
Original post by greys-anatomy
I see we're picking the parts of the Qur'an which does cause controversy (which I can totally understand) but what about the 'nice' parts?
Be good to parents, relatives, orphans, and the needy. Speak kindly and pay the poor-due. 2:83
'Do not fight wars of aggression. 2:190' - Can we even consider ISIS to be fighting 'in the name of Islam' if they go against this key principle?
'Help orphans and don't steal from them'. 4:2, 4:10
"Kill not one another." 4:29 *Lmao does ISIS even know what they're 'fighting' for smh*
'Whoever kills a human being, it is as if he had killed all mankind. Whoever saves the life of one, it is as if he had saved the life of all'. 5:32
'Feed and clothe the needy. Set a slave free'. 5:89
'Help your family, the needy, and wayfarer. Don't selfishly squander your wealth'. 17:26

^^^^^
Reply 67
Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

Spoiler

:mmm:
Original post by hilrho

Spoiler

Original post by Hydeman

Spoiler

Back at it again :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 69
Original post by Axel Johann

😂😂😂
Reply 70
Original post by samina_ay
Always the same argument. Do you have it copied and pasted for things like this hun? 😂😂😂

It would be beneficial for everybody if you tried to pick apart the argument and create a counter argument.

If you don't, can you understand why people might start to believe the claims made?
Original post by hilrho

Spoiler

What if there aren't any clean ones? :sexface:

Now, now, Axel. You should know better than to be amused at sister Hilary exchanging such jokes with a non-mahram male such as myself. :pierre: :naughty:

(Although, I suppose in the context of fatherly duties, I can be pretend-mahram. :teehee:)
Original post by Tyreke
It would be beneficial for everybody if you tried to pick apart the argument and create a counter argument.

If you don't, can you understand why people might start to believe the claims made?

But this happens ALL the time on TSR. I don't want to sound like a broken record.
Original post by Hydeman
Now, now, Axel. You should know better than to be amused at sister Hilary exchanging such jokes with a non-mahram male such as myself. :pierre: :naughty:

(Although, I suppose in the context of fatherly duties, I can be pretend-mahram. :teehee:)

Excuse me while I actually go and vomit... :puke:

:lol:

Well... sister Hilary knows Islam far better than I do and outclasses most if not everyone on Islamic theology sooo... I can't comment.

You will always be the one, the true, the only Hydemababy :yep:
Reply 74
Original post by Hydeman
What if there aren't any clean ones? :sexface:

I guess I just have to go to sleep without them then, not to mention the fact that I sleep topless too..

Original post by Hydeman

Oh you did not just say that, I was holding back because if I can recall YOU were the prude last time too ashamed to talk dirty on threads, but I can do just that if it's because of this 'mahram' nonsense.

Now daddy, please won't you read me a story as I go to bed? I've been a good girl :colondollar:

Well... sister Hilary knows Islam far better than I do and outclasses most if not everyone on Islamic theology sooo... I can't comment.

😘😘😘
(edited 7 years ago)
You will always be the one, the true, the only Hydemababy :yep:

I've no idea who or what you're talking about. :ninja:

Spoiler

I'm against Islam in the same ways that I'm against Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, the list goes on. But, that's simply because I'm an atheist and don't believe in any of it.

If you are a Muslim, I honestly couldn't care less as it's your life and you are free to make your own choices. It's awful how ignorant people are when it comes to making judgements based off a religion of 1.6 billion people because there is a ridiculously tiny proportion who use their religion to promote bad messages, violence, etc.

There are bad people in every religion, and the reason why Islam is on blast in the current day is to promote hatred against a religion and make them scapegoats of something our "Christian" countries caused in the first place.
I'm done with this thread, never want to come back here again
Original post by hilrho
I guess I just have to go to sleep without them then, not to mention the fact that I sleep topless too..

You sure it's not too late to annul your conversion? :tongue:

Oh you did not just say that

Oh, but I did. :pierre:

I was holding back because if I can recall YOU were the prude last time too ashamed to talk dirty on threads, but I can do just that if it's because of this 'mahram' nonsense.

I'm anything but a prude -- I just didn't want to be mistaken for a sexual predator. :lol:

Spoiler

Now daddy, please won't you read me a story as I go to bed? I've been a good girl :colondollar:

Would love to, but exams in less than a month. :sad:
Original post by kiransohail
I want you to be honest.I'm not going to verbally abuse you or anything.I just want honest reasons for why people hate Islam. I know WHY in some cases. But if you are against our religion, is it because you don't understand it? Or that you don't have any other examples of Muslim to prove what the media say about us wrong?

You might be interested in the responses in these (relatively recent) threads...

"Why do non Muslims hate Islam?"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4024785

"Why are most of you people so obsessed with Islam?"

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4001943

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending