The Student Room Group

Racism. Major UK corporation only accepting job applications from white people.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Oh god the irony

Posted from TSR Mobile

The point is that only the perpetrators are racist, not the people who say 'white privilege exists'. Maybe read the context before you quote me.
Original post by lolatmaths
The point is that only the perpetrators are racist, not the people who say 'white privilege exists'. Maybe read the context before you quote me.

Irony

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
Do carry on being racist. So, what you're saying is that it's wholly acceptable to ban black people from applying for jobs providing those jobs are apprenticeships? So...'white only apprenticeships' from now on, then?

What part about this do you not understand...do you need me to draw it out in crayon for you? Are you under the impression the BBC isn't facilitating jobs which are advertised for the BBC? Or is it merely the case that you can't rationalise this within the confines of your prejudiced ideology?

1. I havent said anything that is racist at all. So that's a fail by you.

2. Nor have I said its acceptable to ban black people from applying for those apprentcieships. = another fail by you.

3. Nor did you link anything which showed the BBC was banning black candidates.= provide the ebidence.

4. You go on to criticise the BBC but link another organisation , which is quite clearly not the BBC, but a charity.

5. You criticise the BBC for favouring white only, when in fact the charity you linked , who had some internships with the BBC has an aim of trying to remedy the under representation of ethnic minorities in the creative industries. Exactly the opporsite of what you allege, which makes you a fool or someone who cant read or both.

Aims & activities Creative Access was established in April 2012 to create internship opportunities for talented young people from Black and Asian backgrounds in the media and creative industries. We aim to improve their chances of building a successful career in the sector, and, in the longer term, increase diversity and address the current imbalance in the sector.

From the Charity Commission
http://beta.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-details/?regid=1146822&subid=0

6. Both the BBC and the Charity are able to advertise jobs for Ethnic minorities under the positive action measures contained in s158 and s159 of the Equalities Act 2010.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/contents

If your claim is about the BBC being prejudiced against ethnic minorities, then only a fool would link and and criticise an initiative, which supports the idea of the very thing you claim to be arguing for i.e the under representation of ethnic minorities.

Alternatively if you want to get hysterical about a few apprentices (from many hundreds) from under represented minorities being given a chance under Positive Action under the Equalities Act, then you need to have a word with government.

No. look up the definition of irony and try again. Point out where im ironic.

You getting a bit old arent ya?
Original post by Itsyaboy
I've said it before and I'll say it again, black people cannot be racist.

Ethnic minority's will never be not institutionalised, statements like the one itt make it worse

You're coming off like a mug
Anyone can be racist
The thing is the impact of black racism toward whites in a predominantly white area
is no match to white racism toward blacks in a predominantly white area
or whatever the races are involved
Original post by Erebor
Exactly, how can they identify your race without asking you when it's just a social construct? The cognitive dissonance in self-hating, regressive leftists has reached such ludicrous levels these days that it's no longer a moronic ideology but a mental health issue (very similar with clinical depression and self-harm).

Haha this lefitist point you made is biggest problem I have politically speaking. Socially I am on the side of the 'radical' libertarian, the only real party which pushes this is UKIP, and occasionally Lib Dem; Smoking in pubs should be up to the owner of the premesis, larger drink drive limit, less extensive legislation of... everything, state should stay completely out of peoples private lives and houses, special snowflakes should be recognised but not encouraged, libertarian values uber alles at the expensive of safety and security. However economically speaking I am centre left, which is represented by the likes of the SNP, occasionally labour when they decide to take there blue ties off and occasionally Lib Dem. I believe in cutting military spending (Nuclear Disarmament), increased tax on wealth (not income), rebuilding of our national services (rail, power, water) with profits going back to the taxpayer and increased economic mobility & equality through public spending.

So yeah no matter who I vote for my viewpoints get screwed lol. In the previous local and general elections I have voted SNP however my support for that party is really begining to falter as their social policies begin to creep into what I would define as extremely over-reaching. Id like to start voting for Lib Dem as they seem to best represent my opinions however that is pretty much a wasted vote for two reasons;
If you dont vote SNP up here you get Scottish Labour (A bunch of f*cking clowns) or Conservatives (Neoliberal public schoolboy nutjobs) so they are pretty much the lesser evil.

Bah I hate pollitics, might just move to the woods and become a crazed bum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
You're coming off like a mug
Anyone can be racist
The thing is the impact of black racism toward whites in a predominantly white area
is no match to white racism toward blacks in a predominantly white area
or whatever the races are involved

Still the irony being discriminatory on age now LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Still the irony being discriminatory on age now LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? I never even mentioned your age......
Original post by 0to100
What? I never even mentioned your age......

Wrong post to quote it's the irony master above you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

i see
It really is sad to see the way things are going. This isn't helpful to any community just creates tension.
Agreed. I think we owe an apology for the fact near every black slave enslaved through the Atlantic slave trade was enslaved by a black African tribal leader and then sold onto a white European coloniser.

Of course, I'd rather hold out for an apology from our Arab oppressors, for their enslavement of over 1 million white people through the Arab slave trade.

We should apologise for the huge sums of reparations Britain got after the slave trade was abolished.
Reply 92
It's the same thing. You are saying one black person has more affinity to another black person because they share skin colour, which naturally extends to one white person has more affinity to another white person because they share the same skin colour.

The natural extension is we aren't actually human beings which share more commonality in our humanity, but packs and tribes which identify primarily by skin colour. It's progressive ideology which makes you think this way, it's not logical and it's everything we fought against in the civil rights movement (the only difference is it's framed around positive connotations, which makes it appear socially acceptable) - very few sweeping categorisations of such large subsets of people are ever valid.

What's worse, is these categorisations almost always come from other white people - as a form of 'social grouping', 'black people' is such a mind-numbingly anti-intellectual statement. It doesn't exist. All you have are individuals.

Here's an example as to what I mean: Say BBC does an exposé on the ingredients they put in relaxers. A black person is more inclined to be knowledgeable about relaxers and perms, than a white person just through the fact that they are more likely to have perhaps experienced it first hand or grown up with others who do relax their hair often so would understand and relate to the issue more.
Original post by lonyeka
A black person is more inclined to be knowledgeable about relaxers and perms

Seriously?

Much like there's a thin line between love and hate, there's an even thinner line between progressivism and racism.

It's all the more ironic considering here you are, a non-black person, arguing that all black people have their own cultural identity which can only be understood, or be best understood, by other black people. Here you are, a non-black person, arguing that; by your own logic you'd never understand whether or not 'black people' feel this way.

You're truly blind to the complete absence of logic in your argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh, wait, no...they are only accepting job applications from black people and ethnic minorities. http://creativeaccess.org.uk/opportunities White people: move to the back of the bus.

The name of the corporation? The BBC.

Here's the message from the BBC: 'black people can only be understood by other black people. The notion that a white person is in any way representative of a black person is ridiculous. Black people are to be defined by their ethnicity, not their individualism.'

Of course, thank you, BBC. You have just legitimised white supremacy. White people: remember, only white people can represent and understand you. From now, just vote and trade white. For every white victory, declare it a victory for yourself - you are your ethnicity, it's how you are defined and it's all that you are.'

It's called progressivism, get with it. It's the way forward.

Nothing on there about restricting a job only to minorities.

You're not even an accurate troll lmao
Reply 95
Seriously?

Much like there's a thin line between love and hate, there's an even thinner line between progressivism and racism.

It's all the more ironic considering here you are, a non-black person, arguing that all black people have their own cultural identity which can only be understood, or be best understood, by other black people. Here you are, a non-black person, arguing that; by your own logic you'd never understand whether or not 'black people' feel this way.

You're truly blind to the complete absence of logic in your argument.

Lol - I'm black. And I do feel this way. I don't think I'm wrong in saying that black people are more likely to be knowledgeable about perms and relaxers. Nothing you say will make me think otherwise. I know from first hand experience.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jambojim97
Holy mother of f*ck that's awful! And the terrible thing is I watch shows from the BBC everyday! I am shocked at this regressive reverse racism, and I say that as someone with my own fair share of non-white ancestry!

Like, imagine if it was only open to white people? There would be an outcry... I appreciate that some ethnic groups are at a disadvantage but we need to focus on assimilation, education and meritocracy - not positive discrimination and reverse racism!

Makes my blood boil.

If you have a country that is 90% white and where white people are unduly favoured for jobs over others, why shouldnt you have jobs where preference is given to minorities.

Yes ideally people should get the job based on their skill not their skin colour, but unfortunately that's not how the world works.

You need jobs that give preference to minorities to help even the balance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by paul514

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wasnt being discriminatory, you can victimise yourself if you wish suit yourself

Im simply giving a reason for your incompetence
Reply 98
If it was the opposite, it would be called racism and all the libs would go crazy.
Take offence? I haven't been offended since 1997.

It's not semantic, it's important. 'Black' isn't now, nor has it ever been, a 'social grouping.' To suggest otherwise is entirely invalid.

It begs the question, what happened in 1997 ?

Also I'm sick of having this argument with people, "race is just a social construct"........... any measurable differences that correlate with racial groups, which they all do, will be attributed to racism and economic standing relating to racial stigma, circular nonsense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending