The Student Room Group

Edexcel Geography Unit 4 2016 70 marker Help/Exemplars/Case studies

I know there's a couple of threads on this but they're pretty dead and this exam is fast approaching...
I'm really struggling with researching for this essay and actually writing it - our class are doing a practice essay with a predicted question based off the pre-release research focus. Since the case studies/key concepts used will be the same (but with a different conclusion/way of addressing the question) I was wondering for the exam what are the best case studies to use? So for Intrusive volcanic land forms, Extrusive land forms, hotspot case studies and also a distinctive land form seismic processes form?

Any links/exemplar essays/conclusion tips/notes of key concepts would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by SSJ100
I know there's a couple of threads on this but they're pretty dead and this exam is fast approaching...
I'm really struggling with researching for this essay and actually writing it - our class are doing a practice essay with a predicted question based off the pre-release research focus. Since the case studies/key concepts used will be the same (but with a different conclusion/way of addressing the question) I was wondering for the exam what are the best case studies to use? So for Intrusive volcanic land forms, Extrusive land forms, hotspot case studies and also a distinctive land form seismic processes form?

Any links/exemplar essays/conclusion tips/notes of key concepts would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Fox Corner
Hi! I moved this to the Geography forum for you - you're more likely to get a good answer here :smile:

Thanks! I wanted to do that actually I just didn't know how haha!
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Original post by SSJ100

Hi!!Could you please send me the predicted questions you have for tectonics please?
Reply 5
Original post by maria582
Hi!!Could you please send me the predicted questions you have for tectonics please?

Well the predicted question our class is writing a practice essay on is:
'Explain how volcanic and seismic processes lead to different landscapes in different locations'

Send any good website links for case studies you use please, thanks.
Reply 6
Original post by SSJ100
Well the predicted question our class is writing a practice essay on is:
'Explain how volcanic and seismic processes lead to different landscapes in different locations'

Send any good website links for case studies you use please, thanks.

Thank you!!!
I have used the following links for my case studies:
* Iceland (Geofile- it is REALLY DETAILED)-seismic process
*Hawaii -the Geological Society (Useful to understand the volcanic process,but it is really weak on landscape feature I think.If you have any webpages about Hawaii landscapes,please tell me!!
*Himalayas-seismic process-Geofile and Geological Society (same applies to this webpages,really weak on landscape I think.If you HAVE ANY WEBPAGES on Himalaya´s landscape tell me
*East African Rift Valley -USGS

Hope it helps!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending