The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSR Mustafa
I'm more for Palestine , If Israel could have its way they would undoubtedly massacre the Palestinians.

It already masscares the Palestinians..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hydeman
I'd be for a binational state, but that's not an option in either the poll or in reality.

Why not reality?
Original post by KaminiZindagi
It already masscares the Palestinians..

Posted from TSR Mobile

They would wipe them out .
Original post by lolatmaths
Why not reality?

Because it has no popular support among the parties with any negotiating power.
I'm more for Palestine , If Israel could have its way they would undoubtedly massacre the Palestinians.

I'm fairly certain it's more like the other way around. If Hamas & other terrorist groups put down their weapons tomorrow then they'd be peace. If Israel disarmed tomorrow then Islamic terrorist groups would massacre the Israeli population.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Israel is totally innocent; they should return the land they've occupied & return to the 1948 borders. The Israeli military has some of the most sophisticated defensive weapons on the planet that even us Europeans & the Americans can't quite match while its precision guided arsenal is designed to reduce civilian casualties. Could they do more? Probably so. But it doesn't help that the terrorist groups deliberately set up HQs, rocket sites etc in civilian areas to ensure Israeli forces end up killing civilians.
Even if it was just Israel committing these atrocities, the civilians continue to build illegal settlements, support the oppression of Palestinians and protest on Palestinian land

The people of Palestine,who lose their land that they farm on are forced to work for the jews (no choice, need money) and build their shops, schools etc that they cannot use and lead a low quality of life.

Then there's Hamas VS Israel, both sides have committed crimes.

But im on the Palestinian side, but we need a two state solution, where the illegal jewish settlements are burned to the ground and the Palestinians get their land.
They would wipe them out .

...which they are already doing..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tempest II
I'm fairly certain it's more like the other way around. If Hamas & other terrorist groups put down their weapons tomorrow then they'd be peace. If Israel disarmed tomorrow then Islamic terrorist groups would massacre the Israeli population.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think Israel is totally innocent; they should return the land they've occupied & return to the 1948 borders. The Israeli military has some of the most sophisticated defensive weapons on the planet that even us Europeans & the Americans can't quite match while its precision guided arsenal is designed to reduce civilian casualties. Could they do more? Probably so. But it doesn't help that the terrorist groups deliberately set up HQs, rocket sites etc in civilian areas to ensure Israeli forces end up killing civilians.

Tbh the disarmament part goes both ways , Israel won't return to the original borders they can't even stop building illegal settlements. They may have high tech , but it doesn't minimise civilians considering they target indiscriminately. Both Hamas and Israel are both at wrong , but Israel always goes overboard.
Original post by KaminiZindagi
...which they are already doing..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol can't believe it needs three posts , Israel would take over the entirety of the region and kill everyone left.
Original post by childofthesun
فلسطين حرة :pal2:

I don't speak zionist :dontknow:

Guess what I don't speak...
I don't speak zionist :dontknow:

I don't understand terrorist. :cool:
Original post by admonit

צחוקים...

Spoiler

Original post by admonit

Strange that..
Tbh the disarmament part goes both ways , Israel won't return to the original borders they can't even stop building illegal settlements. They may have high tech , but it doesn't minimise civilians considering they target indiscriminately. Both Hamas and Israel are both at wrong , but Israel always goes overboard.

PGMs do reduce casualties. & it's known that Israel even drops leaflets to warn civilians to leave the area when a strike is inbound. Unfortunately Hamas usually use this to their advantage & place human shields around the target or the civilians ignore the warning.
The only reason less Israelis are killed is due to the technology gap. If Hamas had the same tech that Israel did then it'd be a bloodbath on both sides. The Iron Dome stops incoming rockets which means Israel doesn't necessarily have to respond.
If the Republic of Ireland had started firing missiles into Northern Ireland or across the sea into Wales I don't think the UK government would sit in its arse & do nothing.
Original post by K2G
Israel was a compensation for the past events that took place. Now they act as if they've earned the bloody country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab–Israeli_War

A bloody country yes, one not earned absolutely not.

Original post by EricPiphany

Spoiler

A single state (isralstine, Psrael) is never going to work in the current conditions or in the future without radical change in both sides.

In the words of Edward said (one of the fathers of intellectual one statism) "it worries me a great deal. The question of what is going to be the fate of the Jews is very difficult for me. I really don't know.""

The Middle East is one of the most antisemitic parts of the world and this one state would ultimately harbour some of the most the most antisemitic parts of the Middle East. If anything they would become the majority.

the one state solution solves one proble, the border problem, it simply makes every other problem a domestic one and this new nation (suffering the inevitable economic downturn, brain drain, tribalism) would tear itself apart.
Reply 55
PGMs do reduce casualties. & it's known that Israel even drops leaflets to warn civilians to leave the area when a strike is inbound. Unfortunately Hamas usually use this to their advantage & place human shields around the target or the civilians ignore the warning.
The only reason less Israelis are killed is due to the technology gap. If Hamas had the same tech that Israel did then it'd be a bloodbath on both sides. The Iron Dome stops incoming rockets which means Israel doesn't necessarily have to respond.
If the Republic of Ireland had started firing missiles into Northern Ireland or across the sea into Wales I don't think the UK government would sit in its arse & do nothing.

PRSOM

Quit with this rubbish
You didn't think for a moment that this issue might be a little bit more complex than "Palestine or Israel"?
Original post by garfeeled
The Middle East is one of the most antisemitic parts of the world and this one state would ultimately harbour some of the most the most antisemitic parts of the Middle East. .

This is part of the problem. The problem is that for as long as neighbouring countries continue to express anti-Semitic sentiments and until the Jewish population can be promised some security and freedom to live within the region, then I can't ever see any changes happening in Israel. Whilst Palestinian-determination is all good and well, any Palestinian state that may be created will need the support of the Jews. For as long Jews fear the alternative, then the Jews will do all that is possible to uphold the status quo
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending