The Student Room Group

Is it normal for people my age to be having sex?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it's becoming more common. That being said, don't feel pressured to do the same to fit in or anything. Do it once you feel ready to! :h:

Girls wanna play with boys
Boys wanna play with girls
Girls wanna play with girls
Boys wanna play with boys
So boy don't you love this world
How is that not a slut....
Original post by Serine Soul
Yes :tongue:

The most simple of all is going out with friends (not necessarily drinking)
Then maybe trying to make some kind of love life

I agree. I got so much stick from my family for applying to unis far away from home. They've accepted it now thankfully. I just need to get the grades and gtfo :redface:

I understand, my life is boring and my mum is so protective of me and I used to hate being Asian because of the restrictions. When I go to university, I am planning on having fun and maybe not drink but like yourself, mix in socially.
Original post by TimmonaPortella
It's fine that they're having sex and it's fine that you're not. It's all fine.

Except for teenage pregnancy, that's a bit, erm, terrifying and life destroying.

I don't think you're right in saying that teenage pregnancy is life destroying. Life changing - yes, but you can still have an absolutely amazing life with young child.
It's normal to be having sex at 16, and its normal to not want to have sex until you're older. I guess it's a very personal thing, and its a personal preference. Either way, I hope things work out for your friend.
Goodness. Is this what i missed out on when i opted to go to an all guys grammar school? I don't even have any female friends yet im 18 now. The struggle is real.

Hopefully I'll make a few at university
16 is "normal" I guess since that is the normal age to start having sex. Just make sure that you are protected then it would be okay. A lot of under 18's are very uneducated about sexual diseases and just sex in general which is why I think it's better to wait until 18.
absolutely. its pretty common for 15 year olds to be sexually active tbh
but since 16 is the age of consent i guess that increases the amount of people getting laid too.

but you know. people do people. its not odd
Original post by loveleest
16 is "normal" I guess since that is the normal age to start having sex. Just make sure that you are protected then it would be okay. A lot of under 18's are very uneducated about sexual diseases and just sex in general which is why I think it's better to wait until 18.

A lot of 18 year olds are completely clueless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rhythmical
Always the posh ones that go wild.

Can relate to this completely lmao. Pretty much every single rich kid I know lost theirs before I did (and I lost mine at an average age)
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Can relate to this completely lmao. Pretty much every single rich kid I know lost theirs before I did (and I lost mine at an average age)

Did you go to a private school then? I know so many rich kids who go out and lose their virginity and party so hard. I guess the money goes over their head and they feel the need to let go of the reins and any reputation their family has and just go crazy.
Did you go to a private school then? I know so many rich kids who go out and lose their virginity and party so hard. I guess the money goes over their head and they feel the need to let go of the reins and any reputation their family has and just go crazy.

No but 3 of my siblings did. 2 of them weren't that wild but I guess it depends on the personality too. The other one was pretty tame too and only went a bit nuts after A2. I know so many rich ones who sleep around and party pretty much all the time and somehow manage to get A*s and As in their exams. Like what is your secret?
No but 3 of my siblings did. 2 of them weren't that wild but I guess it depends on the personality too. The other one was pretty tame too and only went a bit nuts after A2. I know so many rich ones who sleep around and party pretty much all the time and somehow manage to get A*s and As in their exams. Like what is your secret?

Sounds like the people I know. The private school kids near where I live aren't overly posh or rich but they act like they are superior and assume they are entitled to doing whatever they want because they have a lot of money. I have no idea on their secret and what surprised me was that to work in a private school, a teacher doesn't not need to hold a degree whatsoever? The only time I've been in a private school was to do a performance of a school play. But that school was very modern, in it's name firstly and the presentation of it.
Always the posh ones that go wild.

:rofl: don't make generalisations
Sounds like the people I know. The private school kids near where I live aren't overly posh or rich but they act like they are superior and assume they are entitled to doing whatever they want because they have a lot of money. I have no idea on their secret and what surprised me was that to work in a private school, a teacher doesn't not need to hold a degree whatsoever? The only time I've been in a private school was to do a performance of a school play. But that school was very modern, in it's name firstly and the presentation of it.

I've been guys who think that because they went to private school, the world owes them a favour. Their snobbish attitude is a huge turn off. If you look at the instagrams of rich kids you always see expensive holidays and clubbing..
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
:rofl: don't make generalisations

Oh I'm not! :rofl: but it's just something I've observed and I know based on the people I know and mutually connected people.
I've been guys who think that because they went to private school, the world owes them a favour. Their snobbish attitude is a huge turn off. If you look at the instagrams of rich kids you always see expensive holidays and clubbing..

It's annoying because one day they will find themselves in an uncompromising situation and expect their money to bail them out. Being snobby is uncalled for, this is why I have friends who went to state schools because most of the private school kids never give me the time or day. Their behaviour is never refined either, I went on a school trip and private school kids were so badly behaved but no one gave a **** because of the power they have. I've seen that programme, there is another one where state school kids swapped with private school kids for a week or two and lived their lives, Definitely an eye opener.
I'm 16 and am pretty sure that I don't want to have sex until I know I'm mentally mature enough - although I think a few guys I know are trying to hook me up with a male friend :laugh:

Spoiler

Im 16 and I dont have any guys in my friendship group so my friends are all mega horny and opted for tinder and they sleep w random guys and meet up about it and talk about it. Im not into that sort of stuff so I get excluded lolololol jokes on them when they get STIs like babies lololololol
It's annoying because one day they will find themselves in an uncompromising situation and expect their money to bail them out. Being snobby is uncalled for, this is why I have friends who went to state schools because most of the private school kids never give me the time or day. Their behaviour is never refined either, I went on a school trip and private school kids were so badly behaved but no one gave a **** because of the power they have. I've seen that programme, there is another one where state school kids swapped with private school kids for a week or two and lived their lives, Definitely an eye opener.

I only know one down to Earth rich kid which is a rarity. You would not even believe him if he said he came from a eye wateringly rich family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending