Check out other Related discussions

Do you think 'gender fluid' is "real"

Do you think 'gender fluid' is "real"?

Personally I think it is non-existent due to you can't be, 'Gender fluid'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Never heard the term.
Time to google and I will be back
they're just incredibly indecisive people in this liberal world.

Spoiler

this is going to sound clicheé but clicheé's are there to state the obvious:

just because you haven't experienced something, doesn't mean it's not real. It's not like everyone thinks the same as you and if they don't then they MUST BE FAKING IT. If someone feels gender fluid, why assume they are lying? Let them be gender fluid and respect it.
Reply 4
Erghghh I believe that some people do sometimes feel biologically like their sex and other times not, yes. If that's what gender-fluid is.

If not then I probably don't agree as it's probably something tumblr spouted.
Original post by monkcatcher

Why can't someone be gender fluid?

And obviously it isn't non-existent... :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Original post by EllaWelly
this is going to sound clicheé but clicheé's are there to state the obvious:

just because you haven't experienced something, doesn't mean it's not real. It's not like everyone thinks the same as you and if they don't then they MUST BE FAKING IT. If someone feels gender fluid, why assume they are lying? Let them be gender fluid and respect it.

I get what you're saying BUT, you can't actually just switch from being male to female when you choose
Reply 7
Ah... I thought of sex fluids at first :unimpressed:
what the heck is gender fluid :colone:
learning new terms these days :colonhash:

Your reasoning is very circular. :lolwut:
I feel like sometimes people just overcomplicate life only because they can.
Liberalism guys. I want to be gender neutral.
Original post by fatima1998
what the heck is gender fluid :colone:
learning new terms these days :colonhash:

Ikr it's ridiculous
I get what you're saying BUT, you can't actually just switch from being male to female when you choose

"Male" and "female" contemporarily refer to social constructs that people can identify with regardless of biological "sex". And it that sense there no reason why people can't identify with either or neither or fluctuate between the two.
Reply 14

But it isn't about what gender fluid individuals choose to feel, it's what they are at least according to them.

As for whether I feel gender fluidity is real or not: sure, I guess some people could feel some deviance from their biological sex from time to time. I mean, it has never occurred to me, but who am I to say it has never happened to anyone else? :dontknow:
YES, Obviously people can be gender-fluid. I have 3 gender fluid friends and they are cool and nice to get along with. If people feel that they don't align with genders then they just don't. Its a choice by them about how they feel about themselves. Their way of life doesn't effect anyone negatively, SO WHY CARE?

I don't care what peoples race, religion, gender, sexuality or anything else for that matter is, provided it doesn't negativity impact on anyone else.
No.
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Your reasoning is very circular. :lolwut:

It's a hilariously unsubstantiated argument. :giggle:
I don't get gender fluid. So, they wake up in the morning and decide they're a boy then the next they're a girl? Its impossible to change your gender or to snap your fingers and boom! You're the opposite gender when you feel like it.

I'm sorry but that sounds like confusion or trying to find an identity.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm fine with people not feeling like they belong to any set "gender" in terms of how society sees it, but some people just ram the fact that they're "gender fluid" down your throat and get angry if you call them he or she. Is it really that big a deal? Not everyone has time to tip toe around each other on the off chance they offend someone by calling them he or she because that's what, biologically, they are.

So yeah I think it exists but I don't really care for it.

Latest

Trending

Trending