The Student Room Group

Did anyone take AS CIE Chemistry exam today?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by helloheyyo
OMG i did paper 22 as well it was realllly weird
I am losing a lot of marks! They didn't have Kc, Kp, contact/habers process/ Hess law ..all those questions were you could easily score 20-25 marks weren't even there!! and usually they ask about the enthalpy change for combustion/formation but they HAD to bring atomisation!! even the stoichiometery was weird with writing the full equation and all...pls tell me I'm not the onlyy one!!! :'(

Was there stoichiometry in p22? Which question was it? Yea even i was surprised when there was no Kc and Kp.
Original post by Shamita
Was there stoichiometry in p22? Which question was it? Yea even i was surprised when there was no Kc and Kp.

Yup.Under the weird 'over all equation' where you had to find the value of x for the hydrated salt...btw did you do math p 12 as well?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 62
Yup.Under the weird 'over all equation' where you had to find the value of x for the hydrated salt...btw did you do math p 12 as well?

Ohh that one...i got x as 2. What did u get for x?
Yea i did maths p12 and i am having mechanics next week. How was maths for u?
Original post by Shamita
Ohh that one...i got x as 2. What did u get for x?
Yea i did maths p12 and i am having mechanics next week. How was maths for u?

lol nooo i didn't get it.. i know i was getting it wrong from the moment i laid my eyes on that question! but honestly I'd say math was wayy easier compared to chem, probably cuz they kept the pattern same!..although the rate of flow was kinda tricky..

Hopefully lets hope the curve is in our Favor!
Original post by Shamita
I got 2 as well. I multiplied the whole second equation by 3 so that I will get 6 electrons as the first equation. Then, I cancelled out the 6 electrons in both equations and wrote the reactant together on the left side and products together on th right side. Can I know how u balanced your equation like did u balance it in terms of electrons or hydrogen and what did u get as x?

I balanced in a different way tbh, my answer matched with all the other people who took the exam with me, idk how could all of us be so wrong at the same time.do u remember the name of that compound though?
Original post by SamihaTahsin
I balanced in a different way tbh, my answer matched with all the other people who took the exam with me, idk how could all of us be so wrong at the same time.do u remember the name of that compound though?

hello sat for 22 variant as well, and yes it was really weird!! if I remember correctly the compound was CuSO4.xH2O and they repeated this exact question from one of the past year's AS papers, the answer is x=2
Original post by glitterlitter
hello sat for 22 variant as well, and yes it was really weird!! if I remember correctly the compound was CuSO4.xH2O and they repeated this exact question from one of the past year's AS papers, the answer is x=2

um it was not copper sulfate, it was an organic molecule. hehe. :P
anyway, no point discussing all these, focus on your upcoming exams. Best of luck to you all and wish me luck too!
Reply 67
if you used period 3 elements instead of period 4 elements and your equation was correct, could you still get ecf and get marks?
Reply 68
for the number 2 question, if you used period 3 instead of period 4 but your equations are correct, do they use ecf or they fail the whole thing?
Original post by eskayy
for the number 2 question, if you used period 3 instead of period 4 but your equations are correct, do they use ecf or they fail the whole thing?

I think you will still get the marks for the equations
Original post by SamihaTahsin
um it was not copper sulfate, it was an organic molecule. hehe. :P
anyway, no point discussing all these, focus on your upcoming exams. Best of luck to you all and wish me luck too!

oops my bad hahaha :eek:

yes yes all the best to everyone!!
Reply 71
I didn't write the symbol for the element but all my friends wrote the symbol they identified :/
how was your chemistry practical you guys!?

I nearly ran out of time and messed up some of the chemical analysis
Reply 74
anyone here giving chemistry or physics practical variant 2?
Reply 75

Took invariant 33..
Must say that it was harder than the past exams but doable,
What anion did you get from the QA?
Heyy!
In chemistry AS practical
If our titration volume doesnt match with the examiner how many marks are deducted at the max if all our moles calculations and everything is correct using the volume that the student found( this volume doesnt match the examiners)

Response would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by Insia786
Heyy!
In chemistry AS practical
If our titration volume doesnt match with the examiner how many marks are deducted at the max if all our moles calculations and everything is correct using the volume that the student found( this volume doesnt match the examiners)

Response would be appreciated :smile:

Maximum 3 marks
Original post by olmomiau
I nearly ran out of time and messed up some of the chemical analysis

same here oh my god! kids were crying when they came out of the lab.. I didnt even have time to think about what my FA 5,6,7,8, 9 or 10 were! (i did v33 ) it was a mess!
Original post by _dee:)
Took invariant 33..
Must say that it was harder than the past exams but doable,
What anion did you get from the QA?

for what? FA 9 or FA 10?
p.s- i didnt have time to think so I just wrote whatever anion came in my mind.. i know what a shame! but some smarty pants in my class got stuff like nitrite and nitrate ions.. what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest