The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think 'gender fluid' is "real"

Scroll to see replies

The existence of all these sub-types is complete tosh. You're either male, female or transgender, why complicate it? I'll tell you why, because people love to feel like they don't conform and that they are a victim of societal labelling, when ironically these are the very people that are labelling themselves. It's like "Well, punk is dead, goth is dead... How can I refuse to conform now?...... Oh, I have an idea!".
(edited 7 years ago)
Well..people thought that Galileo was insane for thinking that the Earth orbited the Sun and not the other way around and everyone hated him and didn't believe him...but he did turn out to be right in the end. Keep an open mind bro.
Do people think this 'question' is "stupid"?

Personally I think it is due to it can't be an 'intelligible question'
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by monkcatcher
Do you think 'gender fluid' is "real"?

Personally I think it is non-existent due to you can't be, 'Gender fluid'

I have to milk my gender fluid every day.
Do you think 'gender fluid' is "real"?

Isn't that simply not conforming to one gender? of course that exists because people feel that way. Thats like saying being gay doesn't exist even though people are attracted to the same sex.
Original post by EllaWelly

hahahhaha

I get what you're saying BUT, you can't actually just switch from being male to female when you choose

As someone's said, gender is a social construct: it's what a society decides it means by 'masculine' or 'feminine' or any other gender (some societies have more than two..)

As with sexuality, this can vary.

Simples.
Reply 27
Saying that "gender fluidity" exists basically negates the statement that gays are born gay. :s-smilie:
"Male" and "female" contemporarily refer to social constructs that

WHAT THE--?

NO. Male is based on chromosomes and the penis
Female is based on chromosomes and the vagina

Some nonsense you come across these days on the interweb I swear
What's gender fluid now? People love pulling words out of their asses too much
Original post by Josb
Saying that "gender fluidity" exists basically negates the statement that gays are born gay. :s-smilie:

A lot more can negate that stupid theory
Reply 31
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I have to milk my gender fluid every day.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 32
Original post by 0to100
A lot more can negate that stupid theory

"Stupid" theory?
I really think the whole liberalism drive has gone too far. I'm not sure what the actual solution is, but it's definitely gone too far. Consider this as evidence:

[video="youtube;YWeBunPiIzo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeBunPiIzo[/video]

If you accept the reasoning given to justify identifying as gender fluid or some such, there is no way you can disagree with this woman identifying as a cat. And yet common sense would suggest this is daft. Something has gone wrong somewhere.

LOL perfect response
I do believe that gender dysphoria is a real thing, yes.
Original post by Josb
"Stupid" theory?

That's what I said, yes. What? It is stupid. Are you born straight?
Original post by Joel 96
I do believe that gender dysphoria is a real thing, yes.

Well it's real but is it logical?
Reply 38
Original post by 0to100
That's what I said, yes. What? It is stupid. Are you born straight?

Yes, I was born straight.
I don't have the slightest clue, but if people being themselves makes them happier and doesn't cause you harm then let them get on with it. Sociologists, psychologists and mental health professionals are almost certainly researching this phenomena, as such I'm going to reserve judgement until we have some solid gender fluidity theories. Besides how likely is it that any of us will meet a gender fluid individual? Most of us have never even met a transgender person, let alone anyone who identifies with tumblr labels.

Latest

Trending

Trending