The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Good bloke;64689425]I shall answer your question when I get a proper answer to my own. You say my whole post is hateful and that it is full of lies. I do not understand as it contains no lies. What is factually wrong?

I answered your question. It's wrong from "top to bottom". And it's incredibly hateful and rude.

I don't get it. Are you so deluded that you think you are actually being respectful to muslims?
Reply 161
Original post by Good bloke
What was hateful about my simple and factual description of Islam and its origins? The only possible point of contention is that Mohammed invented Islam and that it did not spring from a deity.

I certainly hate Islam, but for very good and reasonable reasons. I do not hate Moslems, though, and even have a few Moslem friends. They are well-adjusted ones who are assimilated into western life and pay as much heed to Islamic doctrine as Roman Catholics do to the Pope's views on contraception.

Why do you hate Islam? Has it harmed you in any way or caused destruction to your life? Have you been a Muslim in the past? Are you afraid of the religion?
So you think Mohammed wan't a military leader? How can you possibly think that?
Reply 163
Original post by JC.
Islam itself is anything but a religion of peace.
Ever read the holy book of fairy stories? Much of the content is about some long dead pedo raising an army to take over the world.

Who are you referring to as the 'pedo'?
Original post by chemting
If you don't know what it means, or cannot give a working definition of it, why hurl this blanket accusation at everyone who disagrees with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ironically the continued use of such a contentious word as "Islamophobia", often used by desperate and insecure Muslim apologists to stifle criticism and discussion of Islam, seems to be losing its usefulness (if it had any) it probably has already (with continued criticism and claims alluding to "Islamophobia and proud" ). Perhaps hate for Muslims should be defined in a different, less confusing and contentious manner...

Original post by WBZ144
You shouldn't go around calling everyone who criticises your religion an Islamophobe because the word then loses it's weight. Someone who criticises Islam doesn't automatically become an anti-Muslim bigot, just as someone who criticises Christianity probably doesn't hate Christians as people. I haven't seen this poster attack Muslims so far. Anyone who reads my posts can see that I'm against real Islamophobia just as much as any other type of bigotry but that doesn't mean that one should stifle debate against Islam as a religion.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3994995&page=4
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolatmaths
People who smoke are idiots

And what does this have to with the point i made??
Reply 166
Original post by SaraBZ
Who are you referring to as the 'pedo'?

Muhammad who would engage in "thighing" with 9 year old girls and took the virginity of that same girl before she had even hit puberty..... thats the pedo
Buddhists, Sikhs, Hindus etc. are actually peaceful religions, in their teachings and their actions. No wars and weird controversial laws like Christianity and Islam.
Original post by Good bloke
Because Islam is a dangerous political ideology as much as it is a religion. It was invented by a mediaeval warlord to control the behaviour of and influence his pool of potential soldiers into fighting for control of the Arabian peninsula by appealing to their known superstitious predelictions.

Unfortunately, it was successful and then aggressively spread around north Africa, parts of southern Europe and western Asia.

It has now been given new impetus, politically, by groups who have turned back the clock to the seventh century to use the bits of the doctrine that Mohammed himself found so useful.

Right, so you say it was unfortunate that Muhammed (PBUH) the medieval warlord and his influenced pool of potential soldiers around the areas you stated above.

So surely you're telling me when Queen Victoria was around and the British empire was formed by invading many, many countries to the point it covered 1/4 of land on Earth, that was unfortunate too, right? Since the British empire influenced the lives in many countries all over the globe, and took over much more than what our Prophet did. That should surely make the British worse right?

Mate, if that empire hadn't formed you probably wouldn't be living the same life you are living today.
Reply 169
Original post by dnr_23
Muhammad who would engage in "thighing" with 9 year old girls and took the virginity of that same girl before she had even hit puberty..... thats the pedo

Actually if you didn't know, Muhammed (Peace and blessings be upon him) was engaged to Aisha (peace be upon her) at age 6 and then married her at age of 9 when she got her period therefore she began puberty.

You need to bear in mind that people in the previous centuries were a billion times mature than people in the 21st century. Also marriages to young girls was acceptable and normal and was not shown as a bad thing in the previous centuries.
Exactly. These two needs to be separated and actually have strict definitions. Its ludicrous to suggest criticising (in most case, even disagreeing) with the religion accounts to hate of Muslims as a people...

I wonder what the next buzzword is though

I have to warn, the same fate could happen to the word "regressive" if we aren't careful when to use it :tongue:

(I find it funny how Butternutz admitted that Islamophobe is a word created by people with "mickey mouse degrees" :tongue:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
And what does this have to with the point i made??

Your comparison is invalid, its a pathetic excuse smokers conjure up as they are irrational and addicted to it.

Oh, and the phrase is 'Smoking can cause cancer'
[QUOTE=chemting;64689557]If you don't know what it means, or cannot give a working definition of it, why hurl this blanket accusation at everyone who disagrees with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not a blanket accusation. In this thread, I called him one and if you look at his first post, you can see why.

NB: If you're an islamophobe yourself, you may not see any offence in it
Original post by SaraBZ
Actually if you didn't know, Muhammed (Peace and blessings be upon him) was engaged to Aisha (peace be upon her) at age 6 and then married her at age of 9 when she got her period therefore she began puberty.

You need to bear in mind that people in the previous centuries were a billion times mature than people in the 21st century. Also marriages to young girls was acceptable and normal and was not shown as a bad thing in the previous centuries.

She was 9 years old and he was in his 40's

Your post excusing this is quite sickening given this still happens today in some muslim communities because of this example.

I'm sure young children around the world shake your hand and thank you for your input if you weren't living in a society which obviously because it issickening protects you from being a victim of this
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lolatmaths
Your comparison is invalid, its a pathetic excuse smokers conjure up as they are irrational and addicted to it.

Oh, and the phrase is 'Smoking can cause cancer'

How is my comparison invalid LOL??

- A minority of Muslims do terrorism therefore Islam has nothing to do with terrorism

- A minority of smokers get cancer therefore smoking has nothing to do with cancer

Yes smoking can cause cancer, Islam can cause terrorism
Reply 175
Original post by SaraBZ

So you're justifying everything he did with 9 year old Aisha with the fact/(belief) that she had JUST hit puberty because she started her periods????? how on earth could anyone worship or aspire to be like a 50 something year old man who made her have sex with him just because she had hit puberty and she could?

and you say it was normal??? er ok a lot of immoral things were normal at the time but muhammad is not supposed to be normal is he? surely your prophet is better than normal? and isnt he setting an example for muslims? so you would be fine if as soon as you hit puberty you had sex with a 50 year old man??? regardless of what was normal in society????

in saudi arabia its normal for men to harass and abuse women does that make it any more moral?
Reply 176
Original post by Luke Kostanjsek
Yeah, that must be it. Nothing to do with the authoritarian communist regime, constant infringements of human rights, illegal testing of nuclear weaponry and repeated threats to nuke South Korea, the US and the Western world in general. It's because they aren't sat on an oil field. If North Korea was in the North Sea, the US would be best mates with them......

Your every sentence can be true about Iran :smile:
Sharia law, nuclear plants, human rights....

But you see they have oil, so they managed somehow come in terms, negotiate.
Reply 177
Original post by lNurl
Your every sentence can be true about Iran :smile:
Sharia law, nuclear plants, human rights....

But you see they have oil, so they managed somehow come in terms, negotiate.

Are you saying that because Iran has oil, the USA negotiates with them?

Are you aware of the diplomatic (or the lack of) relations between the USA and Iran in the past 36 years?
Original post by chemting
(I find it funny how Butternutz admitted that Islamophobe is word creates by people with "mickey mouse degrees" :tongue:)

PRSOM. :toofunny:

Original post by SaraBZ
Also marriages to young girls was acceptable and normal and was not shown as a bad thing in the previous centuries.

And that excuse would be valid for historical figures that didn't claim that their lives are a guide for others on how to live virtuously, for all centuries and for all places. Muhammad isn't one of them. If you accept that what was moral then is not moral now, that Muhammad was just a man of his time, then you quite simply repudiate the moral claims of Islam.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
How is my comparison invalid LOL??

- A minority of Muslims do terrorism therefore Islam has nothing to do with terrorism

- A minority of smokers get cancer therefore smoking has nothing to do with cancer

Yes smoking can cause cancer, Islam can cause terrorism

It's not a very useful analogy. Smoking causes cancer through chemical-biological mechanisms that are observable and well understood. Inhaling tobacco smoke damages the cells in your lungs, altering their DNA and causing them to become cancerous. We can observe, empirically, how smoking leads to cancer. You cannot describe the link between Islam and terrorism in the same way. It is a social, political and economic issue, not a physical phenomena. Your analogy tells us nothing of the causes of terrorism; it only tells us that some terrorists are Muslims. The actual causes are far more complex and nuanced than simple religious fundamentalism.

Latest

Trending

Trending