The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

islam gives women no rights? :unimpressed::colonhash: lol what a load of bs

According to your interpretations of the Qur'an women seem to be worth nothing yet they are so highly respected that paradise lies under the feet of each mother! ما شاء الله !

Seeing as we're dishing out verses, why don't you read this one, or quite a few for that matter

Genesis 3:16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Reply 81
Original post by Hydeman
You sure it's not too late to annul your conversion? :tongue:

I swear to god I genuinely think I'm the only person ever who's capable of turning an islam hating thread into a sexual one 😂😂😂

Original post by Hydeman
Oh, but I did. :pierre:

But Daddy, you're so mean. You ned to make it up to baby girl right now or I won't go to sleep!

Original post by Hydeman

I'm anything but a prude -- I just didn't want to be mistaken for a sexual predator. :lol:

Spoiler

Aaah I see. Just didn't want what happened to Iliberal Liberal to happen to you?

Original post by Hydeman
Would love to, but exams in less than a month. :sad:

:cry2:

Oh no that reminds me, I've been procrastinating!!! Mine is in 24 hours. F*uuuck I must go now - laters love! But damnit now I'm turned on. I hate you for this. You better make it up to me sometime.
Reply 82
Original post by hilrho
Hahahaha just read it and you'll take back what you said about Queen Bee :tongue:

Spoiler

Can you still have sex though?
Reply 83
Original post by Josb

Yes Josb, i've still got a Vajayjay - no reason why I can't.
Reply 84
Original post by samina_ay
But this happens ALL the time on TSR. I don't want to sound like a broken record.

I think a lot of the TSR community have questions/reservations about certain things because they don't understand or hear from the other side of the argument, particularly in this type of thread. I don't see many developed arguments from an Islamic perspective, I would love to see this. Often, from all corners of the debate it is a short phrase soundbite type argument, this isn't as beneficial in my opinion.

I understand it might get repetitive but I feel dialogue is better than silence when it comes to these issues, it helps us learn and progress. I fear many people may read comments on here and not give their side to the story, and thus perhaps go away feeling angry or disheartened at the views they have read on here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 85
Original post by hilrho
Yes Josb, i've still got a Vajayjay - no reason why I can't.

I mean outside marriage.
Reply 86
Original post by Josb
I mean outside marriage.

I don't think I'll ever even get married, not my thing. And if I do I'm getting married to 4 different guys :biggrin: from 4 different races and 4 different continents hehe!

All or nothing, amiright?:wink:
Original post by Josb

Good old Josb, straight to the point... no foreplay

Posted from TSR Mobile
I own and have read the Quran. I have discussed and listened to so many arguments, justifications and various points of views. I have known many pleasant muslims.

Conclusion: Islam is an insidious religion, an anathema to liberal secular values that the world would be so much better off without
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 89
Original post by hilrho
I don't think I'll ever even get married, not my thing. And if I do I'm getting married to 4 different guys :biggrin: from 4 different races and 4 different continents hehe!

All or nothing, amiright?:wink:

What sort of Islam is that? :rofl:

Original post by chemting
Good old Josb, straight to the point... no foreplay

Posted from TSR Mobile

:perv:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn

someone messaged me regarding this post so I thought I'd check it out. As always it's the same usual stuff about women, implying that islam is a sexist religion. You claim rape in marriage is ok ''apparently'', which must mean you're unsure? or maybe not since you've read the Quran, personally I've never come across such a verse, but that's very interesting to know.
Reply 91
Ignorant!

Your statements are based on the lies and propaganda sold by the mainstream media for the ignoramus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Original post by Betelgeuse-
I own and have read the Quran. I have discussed and listened to so many arguments, justifications and various points of views. I have known many pleasant muslims.

Conclusion: Islam is an insidious religion, an anathema to liberal secular values that the world would be so much better off without

inb4:

"You should research more properly."
"The media lie and give a misrepresentation of Islam."
"If you cannot read 7th century Arabic, your opinion is worthless."
"You're not a scholar, your opinion is worthless"
"Racist, moron, uneducated, crooked nose, etc."
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Please come off anon and tell me that. If you're so proud of what you're saying, say it loud and proud, not hiding behind some anon function sweetheart.

And I've read the Quran and still didn't agree with it so I have my reasons.

okay but for real tho, hav you actually read it? if you have then youd know that rape and the mistreatment of women is highly fought against so stfd.
Reply 94
Original post by Josb
What sort of Islam is that? :rofl:

:perv:

Different to the salafi/wahabi/literal/extremist one for sure! I'll show you into my brain some other time Josb - gotta stop procrastinating and get back to revision, history a level exam day after tomorrow and still didn't finish the syllabus as I'm self-taught. AAAGHHH freaking out. Wish me luck. Laters love xxx
Original post by anisahaha
islam gives women no rights? :unimpressed::colonhash: lol what a load of bs

according to your interpretations of the qur'an women seem to be worth nothing yet they are so highly respected that paradise lies under the feet of each mother! ما شاء الله !

Seeing as we're dishing out verses, why don't you read this one, or quite a few for that matter

genesis 3:16unto the woman he said, i will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

say it louder:d
Original post by Josb
inb4:

"You should research more properly."
"The media lie and give a misrepresentation of Islam."
"If you cannot read 7th century Arabic, your opinion is worthless."
"You're not a scholar, your opinion is worthless"
"Racist, moron, uneducated, crooked nose, etc."

You know, i literally typed out half of this post before deciding i couldn't be bothered.

Great minds eh..:wink:
Original post by Josb

Thanks for asking so I didn't have to. :tongue:
Original post by Penpenpen
I think I got it. So we are saying that people are allowed to think and speak within certain boundaries?!

Nope - there is no boundary to where your mind can take you. Our minds think at a rate faster than the speed of light (eg you can think yourself in another solar system faster than light takes to reach us from that same star system).

I'd say, within the bounds of our human biology, if you "wrap" the opposite sex up then, if that opposite sex, goes to a place that is "unwrapped" it will behave (on significant numbers of occasions) in weird and unpredictable but self justified ways (self justified religious belief)..

Covering of girls and women for "purity" and "niceness" reasons is potentially harmful for boys and men.

Do a simple experiment as a women wearing a veil. Go up to 10 muslim boys/men and ask them what to they think of young women who do not wear veils?

If ONE of the ten say something unpleasant about girls or women who do not wear veils that would potentially be bad enough to stop wearing them (if repeatable). If none of the 10 muslim boys/men say anything bad about women or girls who do not wear veils then you know that you have done an experiment and you can feel some justification for what you do.

If you want to be truely open minded do the experiment.
Reply 99
Original post by Hydeman
Thanks for asking so I didn't have to. :tongue:

Apparently, she can still have sex, but only in interracial gang-bangs. Do you know which Islamic sect advocates this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending