The Student Room Group

FP1 Divisibility Result

I'm not sure if I have done this correctly and I don't have the mark scheme. Could somebody verify if this is correct or not? Thanks.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462827950.745290.jpg

I hope the picture works. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by chemistryboi
I'm not sure if I have done this correctly and I don't have the mark scheme. Could somebody verify if this is correct or not? Thanks.

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462827950.745290.jpg

I hope the picture works. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was my exam. :biggrin:

That's perfect and full marks.

Your final line could have been f(k+1)=4f(k)+21()f(k+1) = 4f(k) + 21(\cdots) i.e: instead of writing the f(k) when you add it to both sides as 21m, just add it to the existing f(k). But what you've written would garner full marks. :yep:
Original post by Zacken
This was my exam. :biggrin:

That's perfect and full marks.

Your final line could have been f(k+1)=4f(k)+21()f(k+1) = 4f(k) + 21(\cdots) i.e: instead of writing the f(k) when you add it to both sides as 21m, just add it to the existing f(k). But what you've written would garner full marks. :yep:

Great! Unfortunately I have not scored 75/75 on this paper though :frown:. I could not follow through a question about a triangle being 3 times larger than another triangle. But apart from that it went ok. How would you compare this paper to previous years and what do you think the June edition will be like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Great! Unfortunately I have not scored 75/75 on this paper though :frown:. I could not follow through a question about a triangle being 3 times larger than another triangle. But apart from that it went ok. How would you compare this paper to previous years and what do you think the June edition will be like ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was a bit of an unusual paper, I thought - I'd been consistently scoring 75/75 on every past paper and managed something like 72 on this one because I initially tripped up on that triangle question although I eventually got it but also because I miscopied my working from one page to the next which was just annoying. If you didn't perform as well on this paper as you have on others, I wouldn't be overly worried, it's a bit of a weird one. The June edition could be anything. I can't say.
Reply 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, and you said you didn't have a markscheme? Here's the model answers for you to check your other answers. :smile:
Original post by Zacken
C.

I'm excited and scared for my exams, I know I have the knowledge and skill to achieve 100UMS on all of my papers barring M2 as of now. I think once I have done C1 in 9 days it will be a good icebreaker and will give me an indicator of the style of papers this year. Good luck if you have any exams in June!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Good luck if you have any exams in June!

Thank you! (and yeah, I've got a fair few of them coming up). Good luck to you as well!

Just making sure you saw my link to the model answers above?
Reply 7
It would have been easier to do f(k+1)4f(k) f(k+1)-4f(k) the result falls right out. You could even do f(k+1)25f(k) f(k+1)-25f(k) if you really wanted to just to make either the 4^ or 5^ terms cancel.
Original post by Zacken
Thank you! (and yeah, I've got a fair few of them coming up). Good luck to you as well!

Just making sure you saw my link to the model answers above?

Oh, thank you for the link. I'm on mobile it's a bit difficult to navigate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B_9710
It would have been easier to do f(k+1)4f(k) f(k+1)-4f(k) the result falls right out. You could even do f(k+1)25f(k) f(k+1)-25f(k) if you really wanted to just to make either the 4^ or 5^ terms cancel.

Thanks for responding, how do you know when to use this though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Thanks for responding, how do you know when to use this though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a practice thing really. In this case you can see that by subtracting more than one multiple of f(k) from f(k+1) will result in the 4k+2 4^{k+2} cancelling. It's just something to look out for once you realise that you can do that.

Quick Reply

Latest