The Student Room Group

How often do you text your bf/gf?

Hey there!
I'm wondering how often you text your bf/gf?
I've been ina relationship for about 6 weeks now. We live in the same city so we meet 2-3 times a week. However, my bf doen't text me every day which kinda annoys/upsets me. He used to text me every single day at the beginning of our relationship (we were in different countries for like 2 firts weeks of our relatioship so we couldn't meet). But then when we were both back in the same city, he texted me less and less. Now we don't really text much. He says that he really doesn't know why he is less talkative now and that he really wants to be with me and is happy with me. Do I have a reason to be worried? I really wish we texted every day. Just don't want to be the one who always messages first. What do you think guys?
Every day, started as every day all day and now its mostly every day but not for as long as we use too. It depends on the relationship tbh, some people are happy texting every day and some people are happy texting every few days. Maybe talk to him about it? Then he'll understand your concern/worry, you dont want it taking a toll on your relationship.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Every day, started as every day all day and now its mostly every day but not for as long as we use too. It depends on the relationship tbh, some people are happy texting every day and some people are happy texting every few days. Maybe talk to him about it? Then he'll understand your concern/worry, you dont want it taking a toll on your relationship.

I talked to him about it and he said that he is really sorry and that he doesn't know why he texts less now. When we are together we always have an amazing time but it's that texting thing that worries me ah
Original post by MardyBumm
I talked to him about it and he said that he is really sorry and that he doesn't know why he texts less now. When we are together we always have an amazing time but it's that texting thing that worries me ah

I completely understand :smile: I wouldnt worry about the whole texting thing, dont let your mind overthink things and start to worry, Im the exact same and its not good! If you two have an amazing time when you are both together in person then you've got nothing to worry about, just try to relax and try to adapt to his texting.. troubles? :P
Reply 4
Me and my boyfriend used to message each other a lot, even if we were in the same flat! But in the last few months it's died down and I prefer it this way. Means we have a lot more to talk about face to face and it lets us enjoy each others company. :h:
Reply 5
Never
Attachment not found
Last relationship was most days but honestly it feels an awful lot like a chore if you do it too often. I prefer saving for face to face.
Reply 7
We speak everyday via text or facebook to tell each other news, or how our day went, or for advice. Tbh, it's mostly him sending me memes xD but, that's our relationship, we just tell each other everything that's happening because we're like best friends. It just depends on what relationship you have. You're in the early stages of your relationship so you probably both go to different people with your queries or stories majority of the time. As you progress you will start to become more connected with them (if they are the one for you) and eventually you'll start to sync and message each other at the right times :smile:)
Can anyone help me me and my girlfriend used to text and call each other everyday this is when I didn't meet her I met her for the first time I stayed with her for 3 weeks then I come home home now she going to me I keep over texting what's the best thing I should do
Original post by Jason saunders
Can anyone help me me and my girlfriend used to text and call each other everyday this is when I didn't meet her I met her for the first time I stayed with her for 3 weeks then I come home home now she going to me I keep over texting what's the best thing I should do

1. put the phone down
2. how did you find this thread
Sometimes actions speak louder thn words..rather then being an attention-seeker why not seek respect?overthinking wont solve any problem.if he says hes happy with you,shows you respect,and is nice,thn stop worrying.true love always stays the same n finds its way back..regular texts arent necessaryStay happy(:
Only until she removes the restraining order.

Spoiler

Most days but certainly not as much as some couples.

Quick Reply

Latest