The Student Room Group

Have you done something bad/revenge to an ex? Do you regret it?

Let's say the person hurt you and made you feel really bad and they were cruel to you, acted heartless, and tossed you aside, and you felt a combination of anger and hurt..

Did you do anything to them? I don't mean physically harming them, but maybe exposing them, telling people their secrets, or just doing something that could have ruined their life or something..

If so, what did you do and do you regret it?

I am feeling this way and I might do something which I would regret later so just want to hear something to maybe talk me out of it or something..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone?

Attachment not found

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, never.

Let's say the person hurt you and made you feel really bad and they were cruel to you, acted heartless, and tossed you aside, and you felt a combination of anger and hurt..

Did you do anything to them? I don't mean physically harming them, but maybe exposing them, telling people their secrets, or just doing something that could have ruined their life or something..

Attempting to ruin somebodies life? Wow that's pretty low.
Doing something stupid like that would make you just as bad as your so called evil ex.

Move on with your life.

If so, what did you do and do you regret it?

I am feeling this way and I might do something which I would regret later so just want to hear something to maybe talk me out of it or something..

No point in looking for revenge, it makes you as bad as them. The best form of revenge is completely ignoring them.
Reply 5
It's a mixture of anger and hurt. Not sure what to do. Eating me up.
Reply 6
It's a mixture of anger and hurt. Not sure what to do. Eating me up.

Not worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, and yes.

And no, I won't be elaborating, other than to say that I think I took the bitterness and anger that came about from a previous relationship out onto her when she broke up with me. It was stupid, I was stupid, and stupidly I still haven't apologised... but seeing as there's no practical purpose in bringing up old news other than to massage the guilt out of my ego, I'd sooner suffer for the vitriol I made her endure instead of making her relive them. Which isn't so much stupid as it is deserved.

You'll look back on yourself in years to come and regret it immensely, trust me. Be the bigger person and move on.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Drunk Punx
Yes, and yes.

And no, I won't be elaborating, other than to say that I think I took the bitterness and anger that came about from a previous relationship out onto her when she broke up with me. It was stupid, I was stupid, and stupidly I still haven't apologised... but seeing as there's no practical purpose in bringing up old news other than to massage the guilt out of my ego, I'd sooner suffer for the vitriol I made her endure instead of making her relive them. Which isn't so much stupid as it is deserved.

You'll look back on yourself in years to come and regret it immensely, trust me. Be the bigger person and move on.

I see what you mean. Although she does deserve it for what she put me through and the hurtful things she said. There is anger and hurt which I keep switching around from. Head says do it, heart says don't.
Reply 9
Original post by hezzlington
No, never.

Attempting to ruin somebodies life? Wow that's pretty low.

She deserves it. She put me through hell. But I am hesitant. I am trying to talk myself out of it.
I see what you mean. Although she does deserve it for what she put me through and the hurtful things she said. There is anger and hurt which I keep switching around from. Head says do it, heart says don't.

It'll pass :smile:

Just... don't be a dick. I've inadvertently and consciously been a dick to several of my girlfriends, and despite the fact that I could justify it by saying that they all deserved it (and quite frankly, they did), I still regret all of it.

Even though I haven't seen most of them for years, I regret my lasting impression of myself upon them being one of intense bitterness. I regret not being a decent human being. I regret being something that rhymes with "punt".

But do you know what I regret the most? That I don't know how much of what I said or did has had a lasting effect on them, how it's interfered with their subsequent relationships or faith in themselves.

To give you a rough scale of time, it's been nearly 7 years since I was a royal prick to an ex. It's only been within the last 8 months or so that I've started to seriously regret it. I want to apologise, but I'd only be absolving myself in my own eyes. So what's the point? Better to have not been the royal prick in the first place.

Regret catches up on you. Might not be immediately, might not happen for years. But it will.
I've never been in a relationship so its safe to say that I don't have an ex.

however, I could actually picture myself doing something really evil as revenge.
yes i drowned my ex and burnt her body

slightly regret it now
Nah, with my ex I felt as if I still had to be loyal to him even after he broke up with me because he would message me asking all these questions or try to win me back after he found out I was enjoying myself. So there's been times where I regretted holding on to him for too long.

The 100% best thing for you to do is to block and move on. It's so difficult because you've lost trust and love but at the end of the day, what has happened has happened for a reason. You would no longer be able to have trust in them and therefore a relationship with them should never happen again. If they weren't the one, then there is somebody out there so much better for you. Start speaking to more people, get to know what different types of personalities there are for you to become friends with.

Speaking from experience, moving on takes so much effort and time, but at the end, you have become a better person, and the person you fall in love with next will be worth it.
Reply 14
Original post by lolatmaths
yes i drowned my ex and burnt her body

slightly regret it now

I thought you were a Muslim.
Original post by IYGB
I thought you were a Muslim.

lol no im haram asf
put yourself in her shoes...
Original post by Drunk Punx
It'll pass :smile:

Just... don't be a dick. I've inadvertently and consciously been a dick to several of my girlfriends, and despite the fact that I could justify it by saying that they all deserved it (and quite frankly, they did), I still regret all of it.

Even though I haven't seen most of them for years, I regret my lasting impression of myself upon them being one of intense bitterness. I regret not being a decent human being. I regret being something that rhymes with "punt".

But do you know what I regret the most? That I don't know how much of what I said or did has had a lasting effect on them, how it's interfered with their subsequent relationships or faith in themselves.

To give you a rough scale of time, it's been nearly 7 years since I was a royal prick to an ex. It's only been within the last 8 months or so that I've started to seriously regret it. I want to apologise, but I'd only be absolving myself in my own eyes. So what's the point? Better to have not been the royal prick in the first place.

Regret catches up on you. Might not be immediately, might not happen for years. But it will.

Hmm.. I know my character. I would definitely regret it later and probably hate myself. I tried to be a decent human being but she treated me like sh*t and really said some nasty stuff to me which I really felt.

Ah I see what you mean. 7 years? Wow that is quite a long time. Well you could still apologise, no harm in doing that really, you will make peace with yourself but also they will hopefully realise that you are truly sorry?

I have to agree with you. I have many regrets.
Original post by Samiixoxo
Nah, with my ex I felt as if I still had to be loyal to him even after he broke up with me because he would message me asking all these questions or try to win me back after he found out I was enjoying myself. So there's been times where I regretted holding on to him for too long.

The 100% best thing for you to do is to block and move on. It's so difficult because you've lost trust and love but at the end of the day, what has happened has happened for a reason. You would no longer be able to have trust in them and therefore a relationship with them should never happen again. If they weren't the one, then there is somebody out there so much better for you. Start speaking to more people, get to know what different types of personalities there are for you to become friends with.

Speaking from experience, moving on takes so much effort and time, but at the end, you have become a better person, and the person you fall in love with next will be worth it.

Yeah, it is difficult. They have moved on easily and do not give a **** in the world about me. I on the other hand, am heartbroken. And I am feeling a ton of different emotions right now. I don't want to say something which I cannot take back or do something which could really affect them.

I would feel guilty even if they deserved it. :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rock Fan
No point in looking for revenge, it makes you as bad as them. The best form of revenge is completely ignoring them.

I ignore but I just feel hurt. What hurts me more if how easily they have moved on. While I am here in pieces. It s*cks.

Original post by insert-username
Doing something stupid like that would make you just as bad as your so called evil ex.

Move on with your life.

I am trying but failing miserably.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending