The Student Room Group

Ran over a rabbit :(

Ran over a rabbit today, it just ran into the road in front of me and froze. Couldn't stop in time, got out to check it but it was still trying to run away, injured back legs. Had to run it over again until it was dead :frown:

Feel sick, never want to drive again. I hope I did the right thing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XMaramena
Ran over a rabbit today, it just ran into the road in front of me and froze. Couldn't stop in time, got out to check it but it was still trying to run away, injured back legs. Had to run it over again until it was dead :frown:

Don't worry, you did the right thing
Reply 2
I would have taken it to a vet
:puke:
Reply 4
Original post by Mr Moon Man
Don't worry, you did the right thing

I think you did. I know someone who did that on their driving test and was so upset she cancelled it and had to be driven back by the instructor, its probably more common than you think
Reply 5
Original post by M14B
I would have taken it to a vet

The closest emergency vet is Barton Le Clay, which is over 20 minutes drive away. It would have been panicking and in pain in the back all the way there, only to probably be put down upon arrival.
Reply 6
I thought this said Rabbi omg
I think you must report all accidents to 'The Police' within 24 hours.
Reply 8
Original post by XMaramena

You're trolling, right....................... If not then you're a psychopath..
Reply 9
Original post by JohnGreek
cmon fam

Who's gonna stop in the middle of a road in their car, with oncoming traffic and ****, to move their vehicle backwards and forwards in order to ensure that some random little bunny is dead? Ofc he's trolling

Even trolling annoys me when it's related to animal abuse. :colonhash:
Poor form. Should have snapped its neck and taken it home. That's good meat right there.
Reply 11
Original post by Ciel.
You're trolling, right....................... If not then you're a psychopath..

I don't think running over a rabbit fits the criteria of a psychopath
Reply 12
Original post by Wellzi
I don't think running over a rabbit fits the criteria of a psychopath

Accidentally - of course not. Mercy killing...well no but this
'had to run it over again until it was dead ' does. The rabbit still had a chance.
Original post by Ciel.
Accidentally - of course not. Mercy killing...well no but this
'had to run it over again until it was dead ' does. The rabbit still had a chance.

highly doubt it, it got run over.
Original post by tengentoppa
Poor form. Should have snapped its neck and taken it home. That's good meat right there.

exactly my thoughts

and to @Ciel. and @Ambitious1999 the world is a much harsher place than you clearly think it is
everyone else was incorrect in their statements
oh by the way ambitious, hope you're trolling but really if you're not reporting it to the police you'd either get laughed out the door or charged

Spoiler

:angelwings:

..:rip:
Reply 16
Original post by jamesthehustler
exactly my thoughts

and to @Ciel. and @Ambitious1999 the world is a much harsher place than you clearly think it is
everyone else was incorrect in their statements
oh by the way ambitious, hope you're trolling but really if you're not reporting it to the police you'd either get laughed out the door or charged

Spoiler

Oh trust me, I know first hand. The world is a cruel place. All thanks to the humans. Why make it even more cruel? Why not show any compassion to a small animal. Ugh, little things like that just make me want to die even more.
Original post by Ciel.
Oh trust me, I know first hand. The world is a cruel place. All thanks to the humans. Why make it even more cruel? Why not show any compassion to a small animal. Ugh, little things like that just make me want to die even more.

ok i'd say using the car wasn't the most compassionate move but it would be far kinder to kill it than leave it in pain and waiting to be killed by a fox or a hawk anyway
Reply 18
Original post by jamesthehustler
ok i'd say using the car wasn't the most compassionate move but it would be far kinder to kill it than leave it in pain and waiting to be killed by a fox or a hawk anyway

Should've taken it to a vet then.... That's what I would do. :frown:
Original post by Ciel.
Should've taken it to a vet then.... That's what I would do. :frown:

they'd have done the same thing if it did't die before he got there and charged you £300 for doing it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending