The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Anyone else looking for 2016-17 placement accommodation in London?

Hi,

I know this is a very long shot but I am in the process of looking for accommodation for a placement in London starting at the end of June. The location of my placement is quite central and well-connected, so I'm flexible in terms of what part of the city I could live in. I'm fairly sure I'll just be looking for a single room in a house share, but if I did have the option, I'd prefer to be living with other placement students.

Is anyone else in this position? Even if you are not, if you happen to know any good landlords (as I said I have a reasonable amount of flexibility in terms of location) from previous placements please let me know!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Hey,
I am looking for an accommodation too! Can't trust state agents! I want an ensuite room in a shared house anywhere closer to Hammersmith station! £700 PCM budget.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by RezMo
Hey,
I am looking for an accommodation too! Can't trust state agents! I want an ensuite room in a shared house anywhere closer to Hammersmith station! £700 PCM budget.

My budget is pretty much the same to be honest (willing to go up to £800 maximum but I'd expect that to include bills etc).

I have to say having looked around online I think you'd be hard pressed to find an ensuite room near Hammersmith for £700 PCM but I could be wrong - I've only really looked on Rightmove to get an idea for prices so far (seeing quite a lot of zone 3 house shares, non-ensuite, from about £135-£160 bills included).

I imagine looking for houses as a group probably has an element of economies of scale in terms of landlords being happy to charge a little less per person if they know all of the rooms are going to be occupied, though.
Reply 3
Hi!

I don't know if you've already found a place but I'm also looking for accommodation around central London. My placement is near Southwark Station and I also have a budget of around £700 PCM :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest