The Student Room Group

Any car enthusiasts? let's see what you drive? :)

As the thread title guys!

no knocking each others cars...but lets see what everyone has and let us know what,if anything,youve done to the car?

A hobbie of mine is to work on my car as and when i can...

so ill start, got her (yes ive assigned my car a gender) around 6weeks ago!

So this is my Audi A5....not sure on a name yet.....possibly Bella?

or my mate joked i call it audrey lol.

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MechEng90
As the thread title guys!

no knocking each others cars...but lets see what everyone has and let us know what,if anything,youve done to the car?

A hobbie of mine is to work on my car as and when i can...

so ill start, got her (yes ive assigned my car a gender) around 6weeks ago!

So this is my Audi A5....not sure on a name yet.....possibly Bella?

or my mate joked i call it audrey lol.

There's no pic mate :rofl:

Nahhhhh not Bella man, you gotta name it something beginning with A... like Anna. Anna the Audi A5 :biggrin:

I drive a Fiesta Titanium, not exactly an enthusiast's car :lol: Fiona the Fiesta is her name :u:
Reply 2
Nice! If I get all A's this year (hopefully) my parents said they would buy me this as my first car:

It's a 2 litre turbo, 175 bhp, 380nm, babe is what that is :smile:

My future dream car though is a BMW M5:

Words cannot describe my passion for that absolute ****ing monster^. I', sorry, but for a car that's nearly as quick as a 458 italia and wieghs more than 1000kg than a 458 and is about 40% of the price of a 458, and sounds like a monster and looks like a babe, one begs the question as to why this isn't the dream. It's so bloody good and is the only thing that motivates me to study. I would call my M5 something like tyrone ahahaha.

Soz, don't drive yet but am a crazy mad car fan so thought I would chip in :smile:
Original post by Jeff458
Nice! If I get all A's this year (hopefully) my parents said they would buy me this as my first car:

Did they tell you that they'd pay the insurance as well? Because you're gonna be broke as **** if not.
Reply 4
Original post by WoodyMKC

Nahhhhh not Bella man, you gotta name it something beginning with A... like Anna. Anna the Audi A5 :biggrin:

I drive a Fiesta Titanium, not exactly an enthusiast's car :lol: Fiona the Fiesta is her name :u:

haha i know mate ive trued 4 times now and ive lost the will lol.

it wont let mw post the images for some reason. any tips?!

reliable fords! always liked the fiestas. get a picture of up
Reply 5
Original post by WoodyMKC

images up now ha.
Reply 6
Original post by Drunk Punx
Did they tell you that they'd pay the insurance as well? Because you're gonna be broke as **** if not.

It's not expensive and yeah they pay it all. That's what happened for my cousins.

Between 1.5k-2k max for them and they had bmw's so won't be bad
Original post by Jeff458

Assuming you're not a troll then your parents have all the common sense of a sea cucumber.
Reply 8
Original post by mackemforever
Assuming you're not a troll then your parents have all the common sense of a sea cucumber.

Whoah easy mate.

Don't understand why it's such a big deal?

I know plenty of 18 year olds with 3 series bmw's. And they do everything through our business. And I have to get all A's. I think it's pretty good because then my life choice will be open and my car will be a reward :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Jeff458
Whoah easy mate.

Don't understand why it's such a big deal?

I know plenty of 18 year olds with 3 series bmw's. And they do everything through our business. And I have to get all A's. I think it's pretty good because then my life choice will be open and my car will be a reward :smile:

Umm, insurance, and petrol...
Reply 10
multiple_exterior.jpg

This!, I'm in school now so the photo is off google, but I will post one of my own when I get home, 525 isn't bad eh?
Reply 11
Original post by IAmNero
Umm, insurance, and petrol...

It's not that expensive jeez!!!! Plus you can get a job and work like some of us do
Reply 12
Original post by Jeff458
It's not that expensive jeez!!!! Plus you can get a job and work like some of us do

Yes, yes it is. I have a job thank you very much, I own a BMW i8 and I worked my ass off for it. But that sort of car for a young person is a joke.
Reply 13
Original post by IAmNero
Yes, yes it is. I have a job thank you very much, I own a BMW i8 and I worked my ass off for it. But that sort of car for a young person is a joke.

No it's not!!!!! So many people at 17/18 have cars like that! There are 17 year olds at my school who drive their parents range rovers and mercedes e class'. Compared to that, my car is dog****!!!!

Awwww, why an i8? Congratulations on the car if you really own it. Personally I am an ///M powered guy :smile: God those cars are so fast. So loud, So amazing. I hate electrics/hybrids. I like big thumping loud v8's, like a mustang. We had an i3 for one day while our car was in service and granted, it did shift from 20-50 in about literally 1 second but it's too quiet and there is no ///M5 style rumble. What made you go for the i8?
Reply 14
Original post by Jeff458
No it's not!!!!! So many people at 17/18 have cars like that! There are 17 year olds at my school who drive their parents range rovers and mercedes e class'. Compared to that, my car is dog****!!!!

Awwww, why an i8? Congratulations on the car if you really own it. Personally I am an ///M powered guy :smile: God those cars are so fast. So loud, So amazing. I hate electrics/hybrids. I like big thumping loud v8's, like a mustang. We had an i3 for one day while our car was in service and granted, it did shift from 20-50 in about literally 1 second but it's too quiet and there is no ///M5 style rumble. What made you go for the i8?

Do you go to a private school? :s-smilie:

Well, to be honest, I don't travel that much but when I do it is usually far, and the i8 has the best damn efficiency I have come across. TBH I'm probably gonna go for and Jag XF soon, as soon as I get my new job :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by IAmNero
Do you go to a private school? :s-smilie:

Well, to be honest, I don't travel that much but when I do it is usually far, and the i8 has the best damn efficiency I have come across. TBH I'm probably gonna go for and Jag XF soon, as soon as I get my new job :biggrin:

Yes, I go to a private school.

Nice. Mind me asking what it is you do? And how much you purchased your i8 for just roughly? Insurance, running etc. As I said, I dream about an ///M5 everyday but my fear is that it will be too expensive to run so just want a rough idea how much you paid if that's alright?

My friend had the new generation M3 (2015), and paid 1k insurance for it so I just wondered if it's that cheap for an M5 or just because he was a clean driver.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
Reply 16
Original post by Jeff458
Yes, I go to a private school.

Nice. Mind me asking what it is you do? And how much you purchased your i8 for just roughly? Insurance, running etc. As I said, I dream about an ///M5 everyday but my fear is that it will be too expensive to run so just want a rough idea how much you paid if that's alright?

My friend had the new generation M3 (2015), and paid 1k insurance for it so I just wondered if it's that cheap for an M5 or just because he was a clean driver.

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaag

That explains a lot.

I'm a graphics designer and YouTuber. (No, I'm not posting my channel I'm afraid)
And it cost me about £88,000. I spend £500 on my insurance and about £400 on fuel each month. An M5 would cost around £73,000 when brand new, the insurance and running costs really depend on the user.

That is a lot on insurance, he could've got cheaper. and M5 is more powerful I believe, so look to pay about £1-2.5K.

Jags are bae :wink:
Reply 17
Original post by IAmNero
That explains a lot.

I'm a graphics designer and YouTuber. (No, I'm not posting my channel I'm afraid)
And it cost me about £88,000. I spend £500 on my insurance and about £400 on fuel each month. An M5 would cost around £73,000 when brand new, the insurance and running costs really depend on the user.

That is a lot on insurance, he could've got cheaper. and M5 is more powerful I believe, so look to pay about £1-2.5K.

Jags are bae :wink:

Why don't you get an M5 instead of your i8?

Why not post your youtube channel? Not being rude but I probably haven't seen you before? Would love to see your content.

how often do you fill up your i8 with petrol? And do you use the normal petrol? Because there is always that like ultra power stuff in petrol stations. How old are you?
Reply 18
Original post by Jeff458
Why don't you get an M5 instead of your i8?

Why not post your youtube channel? Not being rude but I probably haven't seen you before? Would love to see your content.

how often do you fill up your i8 with petrol? And do you use the normal petrol? Because there is always that like ultra power stuff in petrol stations. How old are you?

Because I'm a prolific speeder, I would likely go even faster in it :colondollar:

You will see me on the TSR channel soon :wink: And I'm currently making huge changes so they must remain a secret for now.

Every week or so, I always use the Shell V-power stuff, so its a lot more expensive tbh. And I'm 18 :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by IAmNero
Because I'm a prolific speeder, I would likely go even faster in it :colondollar:

You will see me on the TSR channel soon :wink: And I'm currently making huge changes so they must remain a secret for now.

Every week or so, I always use the Shell V-power stuff, so its a lot more expensive tbh. And I'm 18 :smile:

You're 18! Why were you having a go at me then for 2.0tdi at 17 :frown:

How fast do you speed? What's the fastest you've ever been on public roads?

What does the V-power do? When can you use it? On any cars? Like a diesel as well? What difference does it make?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending