The Student Room Group

Islam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Josb
However I was ninja'd by a a troll saying that "Ignorant!
Your statements are based on the lies and propaganda sold by the mainstream media for the ignoramus. "

:laugh::laugh:
Original post by Josb
Apparently, she can still have sex, but only in interracial gang-bangs. Do you know which Islamic sect advocates this?

A new one, I'd imagine. :teehee:
Because I disagree with it strongly on nearly every social issue (at least the majority practise), especially the ones that most profess make up shariah law.
Reply 103
Original post by Hydeman
A new one, I'd imagine. :teehee:

She might get a following.
Original post by spv
Seeing as I always get this deleted by the butthurt plebs/moderators, I'll see if it stays this time.

[video="youtube;Y-Tw7WhH_aQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tw7WhH_aQ[/video]

'Beating etiquette' says enough really
Original post by FredOrJohn
I've under lined the bit I disagree with.
I believe that you are , by your actions, encouraging, some of your fathers and brothers, to view women who do not wear this stuff, as sexual predators or worse whores.

Perhaps see what goes on in Egypt.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_sexual_assault_in_Egypt

You say other religions also wear this type of clothing and I would respond that the results will be the same.

Encouraging others to see non hijaabis as sexual objects is not in any way the intention of the hijaab. If people don't wish to wear it, it is entirely their choice. But it is also our choice to wear it. We wish to live under a veil when amongst non mehram (basically anyone who isn't your brtoher, son, nephew, father, grandfather, husband...etc). I also find it rather unfair that you say hijaabis are to blame for the way people view non hijaabis. Perhaps we should not be blaming the hijaabis for wanting to wear this but for everyone else to stop seeing non hijaabis as sexual attractions/objects. It's like how people tell girls to stop dressing a certain way because that's 'asking for it'. People need to stop being blamed for the way they dress and people need to be taught the correct manner in which people should be viewed and treated.
Original post by FredOrJohn
I'm not sure what a made up mind is. But are you saying because you are a Muslim you have a "made up mind"? If so what was the point of the thread.

I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a "made up mind" otherwise what would the point of having elections every 4 years. The "made up mind" counter argument is trash.

I do not mean that at all. By having a made up mind, I meant having already decided what you think of something before even trying to understand what something is. But okay, if you still disagree, I'm not going to argue with you!
Original post by Anonymous
Some non-muslims believe gay marriage is perfectly acceptable. Muslims consider it a sin.

Therefore, this is enough for many to condemn, attack, and hate Islam over.

Homosexuality is a central theme to this all - it is a key and touchy belief.

I don't believe that to be the case! It's a 'sin' in Christianity isn't it then why put emphasis on just Islam. Why do people not have hatred towards Christianity then. We are too ignorant of things that are foreign to us. You should be a human being who believes in equality for all, Islam always shows to be considerate not hateful
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hazzer1998
Well , Let me think ..... Why do I dislike Islam .... Oh yeah !
- The Murder of thousands of innocent people by people who follow your religion
- Non believers , Gays , Other Muslims should be killed
- No respect for women ( 2 second citizens)
- Your Prophet had sexual activity with a 9 year old
- Adjem Chourdary
- You want to " Strike fear into the hearts of non believers
- Saudi Arabia
- No go zones
- The hated for the west
- The Religion shows no respect and intolerance towards other religions and countries

Need I go on ? ( I can think of more )

I just want to say this. Read about it before you say/write these. You seem to believe what you see/hear.
[QUOTE=MrsSheldonCooper;64685431]It condones the punishment of gay people
It believes in the murder of apostates
It says somewhere in the Quran that if a wife denies a husband sex she can be cursed
Rape in marriage is ok apparently
Girls get less portions than boys
Girls are advised to cover up because apparently the man can't control himself.
And the day Kim K becomes a nun will be the day Islam becomes compatible with Western culture

I could go on.

*gets popcorn

Someone being on anon doesn't mean you shouldn't answer their question.

I'm not anon and I agree. There is no "rape is okay" ideology.
Women don't cover up "because men can't control themselves". God didn't mention that specific reason at all; it's just something spewed from ignorants like yourself. I thought you read the whole Quran? Hmmmm.

Why do people take the girls get less portion than boys out of context? Islam gives some benefits to women and some to the men. Different but equal. There are instances where women are favoured as well but since you didn't read all the texts in Islam, you wouldn't know that would you?
Firstly, I am not a hater or apologist; I am one that will only stand with something if I believe it to be truth whether I like it or not, simple as. I am a Muslim but since I was not always one, I understand very well what others still think.

There are many specific reasons why different types of people dislike Islam I see time and time again but here they are summed up:

-They base Islam by looking at certain people
-They base Islam by looking at certain countries
-They base Islam by looking at certain sects
-They base Islam by looking at certain scholars etc.
-They base Islam by media
-They base Islam upon faulty knowledge
-They disbelieve
-They do not want to believe
-They do not want to learn
-They do not have the time to learn
-They cannot be bothered to learn
-They do not see anything worth learning
-They think negatively of Islam
-They think negatively of Muslims
-They think negatively about the life of a Muslim
-They think negatively about things that are not bad at all
-They think negatively due to lack of knowledge
-They are misinformed
-They need to be more informed
-They misunderstand
-They need more understanding
-They do not want to change
-They may have ignorance
-They may have personal abhorrence
-They may have been brought up to have distaste
-They may have been impacted by Muslims
-They may have been impacted by Non-Muslims
-They may have never met or talked to a Muslim
-They may be afraid of Muslims
-They do not want to accept their views might be wrong
-They do not accept that our view might be right

I can't think of any more right now but each one can go into a lot of detail. Nonetheless, these are all the major reasons I see in my opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Butternuts96
Someone being on anon doesn't mean you shouldn't answer their question.

I'm not anon and I agree. There is no "rape is okay" ideology.
Women don't cover up "because men can't control themselves". God didn't mention that specific reason at all; it's just something spewed from ignorants like yourself. I thought you read the whole Quran? Hmmmm.

Why do people take the girls get less portion than boys out of context? Islam gives some benefits to women and some to the men. Different but equal. There are instances where women are favoured as well but since you didn't read all the texts in Islam, you wouldn't know that would you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_but_equal

Doesn't work that way I'm afraid. A man having more rights than a women due to his gender is sexism even if it is just certain cases. As is the reverse.
Original post by hazzer1998
Well , Let me think ..... Why do I dislike Islam .... Oh yeah !
- The Murder of thousands of innocent people by people who follow your religion
- Non believers , Gays , Other Muslims should be killed
- No respect for women ( 2 second citizens)
- Your Prophet had sexual activity with a 9 year old
- Adjem Chourdary
- You want to " Strike fear into the hearts of non believers
- Saudi Arabia
- No go zones
- The hated for the west
- The Religion shows no respect and intolerance towards other religions and countries

Need I go on ? ( I can think of more )

The murder of innocent people is endorse by Islam? Do tell me more. So you're saying that ISIS and Al-Qaida makes you hate Islam?

Non believers are only killed in wars. Are you that dumb? If Islam said to kill all non believers, you wouldn't be alive right now. There's almost 2 billion of us.

No respect for women? There are countless hadiths which say "The best of you are those who are best to your wives" but they don't exist to idiots like you.

Anjem choudhary? Lol. I don't even need to say anything.

The 9 year old girl Muhammed (peace and prayers upon him) had married is not like the 9 year olds today. Everyone was bigger and more mature from an early age. There were boys aged 10 who were fighting in wars at that time.

You just said "Saudia Arabia". What's your point?

No go zones don't exist in any shape or form. Are you dumb or deluded?

Strike fear into the hearts of the unbelievers ... In WAR! Not in day to day life, you freak.

Explain how "the religion" shows no respect to other countries and religions?

Who hates the west exactly and why? Is it the syrian and afgahn kids who were brought up by bombings by the US/UK? You can't blame them.

Don't respond to me unless you battle each every claim I just knocked down.

You are definetely the most dumbest islamophobe on TSR. Genuinely mate. Stick to your BTECHs/A levels and make use of what little education you have at your hands. Absolute fool.
Sunni Islam = ********
[QUOTE=garfeeled;64693261]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separate_but_equal

Doesn't work that way I'm afraid. A man having more rights than a women due to his gender is sexism even if it is just certain cases. As is the reverse.

Doesn't work that way either I'm afraid.
We live in a society where there's gender associated perks everywhere eg women enter free in clubs and whatnot. We can't complain individually of Islam distributing perks between the sexes whilst we live in this kind of society where it happens on a daily basis without being frowned upon.

Also, that is why Islam appeals to the current believers and the future believers looking into Islam. That's why you may not believe in the religion and that's fine. But the rest of us muslims and the curious unbelievers admire and accept about Islam :smile: Noone's forcing you to agree with it. To each their own, right?
Original post by Popcornlover
I don't believe that to be the case! It's a 'sin' in Christianity isn't it then why put emphasis on just Islam. Why do people not have hatred towards Christianity then. We are too ignorant of things that are foreign to us. You should be a human being who believes in equality for all, Islam always shows to be considerate not hateful

I think you'll find that most of the people that take issue with the self-confessed stance of most Islamic sects on homosexuality also take exception to the same in Christianity.

And even if they didn't, 'Christianity is doing it too!' would be no defence at all, in the same way as a burglar trying to argue that the seriousness of what he's accused of is dependent on whether others are also guilty of it.

Why do people take the girls get less portion than boys out of context? Islam gives some benefits to women and some to the men. Different but equal.

I wonder where I've heard something like that before...
Reply 116
We live in a society where there's gender associated perks everywhere eg women enter free in clubs and whatnot. We can't complain individually of Islam distributing perks between the sexes whilst we live in this kind of society where it happens on a daily basis without being frowned upon.

Most people actually agree those perks are patronising and sexist. What's your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Also, that is why Islam appeals to the current believers and the future believers looking into Islam. That's why you may not believe in the religion and that's fine. But the rest of us muslims and the curious unbelievers admire and accept about Islam :smile: Noone's forcing you to agree with it. To each their own, right?

You comparison is false. None of what you bring up is legally required or default sexism. There is no law saying women shouldn't pay nor is there any law that requires men do pay. Second you have no idea what I have or haven't condemned. Third if I have to critisie every similar occurrence to critise anything we are going to be here for ever. My a level physics paper asked me to critise newtons theory of light and Huygens theory of light, in order to validly critise either theory I didn't need to critise 100's of years of different but equally flawed ideas.

and you are right no body is forcing me to agree with it nor punishing me for not agree with it( the marvellous benefits of an open unislamic society)

but yeah nope to each to their own. This is not a belief that can go unchallenged it must be challenged it shall be challenged it is being challenged.
[QUOTE=garfeeled;64693431]You comparison is false. None of what you bring up is legally required or default sexism. There is no law saying women shouldn't pay nor is there any law that requires men do pay. Second you have no idea what I have or haven't condemned. Third if I have to critisie every similar occurrence to critise anything we are going to be here for ever. My a level physics paper asked me to critise newtons theory of light and Huygens theory of light, in order to validly critise either theory I didn't need to critise 100's of years of different but equally flawed ideas.

and you are right no body is forcing me to agree with it nor punishing me for not agree with it( the marvellous benefits of an open unislamic society)

but yeah nope to each to their own. This is not a belief that can go unchallenged it must be challenged it shall be challenged it is being challenged.

No, you can't just say my comparison is false. That's a weak argument right there, mate. I never said that Islam can't go unchallenged so don't put words into my mouth. My final point was basically "give it a break". We see enough of these muslim topics on TSR. Like does it have to be everyday? I don't understand TSR's obsession with Islam. Do you lot feel threatened by it?
[QUOTE=RobML;64693383]Most people actually agree those perks are patronising and sexist. What's your point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Read my previous replies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending