The Student Room Group

Will a robot take your job?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bernie2016
Pretty much all jobs will go at some point, and there will not be enough jobs to replace the ones that were lost.

So we'll all get to spend our time having fun and eating cake :party:
Original post by Maker
A robot could be your boss.

tHAT'S better than a bullying human boss.
Original post by PQ
join the heady exciting world of university administration to avoid obsolescence.

this sounds like a very enthusiastic advertisement...

Spoiler

Original post by iEthan
This is madness! Social media assistant?!

Head of Brand for £32k is my favourite....must be something Derby really value highly to pay so much :rofl:
Can only find one of my potential careers:
Management Consulting (7% likelihood)

Seems like they don't have a description for investment banking or alternative investment management.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bit random the least at risk. Also would think its a lot higher.

Original post by Princepieman
Can only find one of my potential careers:Management Consulting (7% likelihood)Seems like they don't have a description for investment banking or alternative investment management.Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't get any description myself. Only got what makes a job less at risk.
63% job is ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
So we'll all get to spend our time having fun and eating cake :party:

Welcome to the future.
LOL did some random searches and accountants are at 95% risk
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
My job doesn't appear on the list :getmecoat:

So I guess the robots can't get me :colone:

@ChaoticButterfly You will enjoy this

I'm pretty sure a robot can take over from an unemployed person. A rock could take over from me :laugh:

Spoiler

Thanks for the thought though :kiss:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I'm pretty sure a robot can take over from an unemployed person. A rock could take over from me :laugh:

Spoiler

Thanks for the thought though :kiss:

Don't worry :console: If this quiz is anything to go by we will all be in the same boat soon enough.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Don't worry :console: If this quiz is anything to go by we will all be in the same boat soon enough.

I put in physical scientist and it threw back 20%.
I'm a student, so the job I want to do is quite unlikely - 1%
Solicitor = 3% likely
So I am studying to become a robotics engineer, therefore i will be the guy who is actually taking away peoples jobs. This basically puts me as the last person who's job will be replaced by a robot.

Sorry guys....
Psychologist- 1%

I suppose whilst there is debate that computers may oneday get a sense of consciousness, I think it'll be a very long time until they can start providing psychological support!

Although. This does remind me that actuarial methods are pretty accurate in their diagnostic potential in some areas of psychology, especially for risk assessments for recidivism, violent behavior, sexual offending, even suicide. Research shows actuarial methods (which is essentially a computer) can perform better in assessing such risk than clinical judgement. Although they are useless in knowing what to do with such information, which is where the psychologists come in I suppose.

Sorry, bit of a tangent.

Quick Reply

Latest