The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by brainhuman
Your life seems like a mess. Sort that out before I sort out my supposed grammar mess.

His top tier IQ doesn't prevent him believing in guys flying on unicorns to meet an illusive sky daddy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jeff458
I'm glad I am not the only one who has realised this my whole life!!!

Plus, I am a Muslim so if I say what you said I get accused of "Religion of Peace" and "Trying to force Shariah law" so I can't even freely express my views anymore without some moron coming and trying to put me down but it never works because I couldn't give less of a **** what others think about Islam

And yet you whine about what others think of Islam on an internet forum.
Original post by Butternuts96
Which mosques exactly are funded by Saudi? Which Which mosques follow the salafi school?

In denial, eh? Wikipedia has a partial list of UK mosques including sparse information about which school they follow.

Take a look at these articles from highly reputable publications:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12035838/German-vice-chancellor-accuses-Saudi-Arabia-of-funding-Islamic-extremism-in-the-West.html

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/06/who-runs-our-mosques/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/wahhabism-a-deadly-scripture-398516.html

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2015/11/spread-wahhabism-and-west-s-responsibility-world
And yet you whine about what others think of Islam on an internet forum.

Here we go, hehehe

If I was whining you would know. My point is that I am not influenced by the likes of people like you and your disgust
Original post by Jeff458
Here we go, hehehe

If I was whining you would know. My point is that I am not influenced by the likes of people like you and your disgust

Good for you!

I am really glad you are content with the fact that more and more people see your religion for what it is - an archaic, patriarchal form of social control that has no place in the world and is only followed by ignorant buffoons that cannot think for their brainwashed self.
Good for you!

I am really glad you are content with the fact that more and more people see your religion for what it is - an archaic, patriarchal form of social control that has no place in the world and is only followed by ignorant buffoons that cannot think for their brainwashed self.

Awwww bby, that's so cuteeeeee :colondollar:

See this is what I don't get. You have literally just called Muslims buffoons which is offensive and if I saw you in public saying this, you would have your head smashed in a wall but since your online your just a cute bby. Honestly, so cute bby.

Btw you must be mad. You said it has no place in the world but it does. YOU MAD BRO!?!??!?!? LOLOLOLOL LOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GET REKT M9 M8MWEOFVSKJDHX KCVB.NGYWOGSEHDX BCFRQ;ALHFSEXCN
having 3 years of debating experience

LOL. A poorer debater than you could hardly be conceived of, so I can only assume that this is a convenient lie. :rolleyes:

Your previous post was a mess grammatically (I'm not being a grammar nazi).

Saying you're not being a grammar Nazi moments after doing just that doesn't make it the case. Three years of debating experience my ass. :rofl:
Original post by Jeff458
Awwww bby, that's so cuteeeeee :colondollar:

See this is what I don't get. You have literally just called Muslims buffoons which is offensive and if I saw you in public saying this, you would have your head smashed in a wall but since your online your just a cute bby. Honestly, so cute bby.

Btw you must be mad. You said it has no place in the world but it does. YOU MAD BRO!?!??!?!? LOLOLOLOL LOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL LOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

GET REKT M9 M8MWEOFVSKJDHX KCVB.NGYWOGSEHDX BCFRQ;ALHFSEXCN

So you admit that Moslems are violent pigs?

Your childish attempts trying to provoke a reaction out of me are delicious. Almost as delicious as a bacon sarnie.
[QUOTE=Good bloke;64697551]I do think that, as I have said repeatedly. I look forward to your analysis, which I have asked for several times.

Oh damn. Argument over, then right? When I said expert analysis, I was using sarcasm. I wasn't expecting you to agree that that speech is hateful because that was my initial argument. Now that you've admitted it was hateful, there's no need to analyse which parts, lol.

I was only trying to get you to admit that it's hateful and you have :smile: That's all I ever wanted.
[QUOTE=brainhuman;64697617]Your life seems like a mess. Sort that out before I sort out my supposed grammar mess.

Ah that was one of the worst comebacks ever. How can my life be a mess after what I just described to you? I'm genuinely perplexed. Have you just given up?
[QUOTE=chemting;64697531]No, because I don't use blanket terms that isn't defined as a response to everything...

yeah... and for rationalists like me who do not believe in any "divine revelations", this is said as a way to dodge questions that he couldn't answer at that time (I assume because he didn't know it at the time, and later formulated a suitable answer). I know you think otherwise, but I don't think the quran "came down" or was "divinely revealed"...

but I guess you think that's Islamophobic...

Nah mate you're fine to not believe in divine interpretation. That's what makes the difference between non-muslim and muslim. That's not islamophobic; that's freedom of religion.
Ah that was one of the worst comebacks ever. How can my life be a mess after what I just described to you? I'm genuinely perplexed. Have you just given up?

Given up implies having had to try.

Now now, I appreciate you have an inflated ego, but to accuse someone of having to try to argue against you goes a bit too far, you cheeky little rascal.
Original post by Jeff458
AHhahahahahahaahahahahaha what a stupid **** lolololol. Learn how to spell big boi.

I don't care for a reaction out of you.

I never admitted anything of the such. You fell in the exact trap that I hoped for. I am a Muslim. ISLAM PROMOTES PEACE. At the end of the day if I batter you for being, well you tbh, that doesn't mean Islam is doing that and that my actions represent the 1.5billion other Muslims on Earth now does it? Looks like you got "brainwashed."
And you agree that people such are yourself are foul-mouthed and disgusting to be around? Not least because you are the one who started this ahahahhaha
Bacon is disgusting! I went sick once just by looking at it in a store queue. Praise be that my religion forbids me to eat. Not to mention the fact that Bacon etc has been scientifically proven to be carcinogenic.

It's alright wee man, keep up wee man, keep up.

I hope for your sake you are a reverse troll, because if you are actually serious, then so help you Allah.

ps schizo much? That part makes no sense regardless of you being serious or troll. And google Moslem, then you wouldn't make a tool our of yourself by being a grammar nazi who is wrong.
[QUOTE=Good bloke;64698013]In denial, eh? Wikipedia has a partial list of UK mosques including sparse information about which school they follow.

Take a look at these articles from highly reputable publications:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/12035838/German-vice-chancellor-accuses-Saudi-Arabia-of-funding-Islamic-extremism-in-the-West.html

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2014/06/who-runs-our-mosques/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/wahhabism-a-deadly-scripture-398516.html

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk/2015/11/spread-wahhabism-and-west-s-responsibility-world

These articles are nothing but mere speculation and accusations; there are no definite evidences. Why do you believe speculation and accusations without evidence?

Also, it's not mosques which are necessarily funded by Saudi. Lemme explain, there are some islamic teaching organisations that teach islam independantly of their own accord in line with salafism (which is just normal Islam) and the religious part of the Saudi gov. (not the political part) gives them money to pay teachers. Some mosques also recieve this. It's not that the funding causes them to follow Salafism; all these places run independantly and are THEN funded.

You need to prove to me that salafism/wahhabism = Extremism. That's your burden to prove if you wanna continue this discussion.
Reply 235
Original post by SaraBZ
Do you have any evidence from the Quran (the Islamic holy book) or RELIABLE sources which state that Islam was 'invented by a mediaeval warlord to control the behaviour of and influence his pool of potential soldiers into fighting for control of the Arabian peninsula by appealing to their known superstitious predelictions.'?
If we look at the two hypotheses, we can start to form a reasonable opinion as to their respective likelihood.

Hyp 1 - Requires the existence of the supernatural. There is zero evidence for the supernatural.
Hyp 2 - Requires the existence of men with political and military ambition who construct and promote an ideology to facilitate this. There is much evidence for such men.

Hyp 1 - Requires all revelations to scientifically, logically and morally coherent, and to contain zero errors, ambiguities or contradictions.
Hyp 2 - Would be able to point to one error, contradiction or ambiguity in the revelations.

Hyp 1 - Would not be dependent on geographical, social or cultural propogation.
Hyp 2 - Would be able to demonstrate the relationship between religion and family/community/society.

Hmm... I see a pattern developing. How about you?
[QUOTE=Hydeman;64698333]LOL. A poorer debater than you could hardly be conceived of, so I can only assume that this is a convenient lie. :rolleyes:

Saying you're not being a grammar Nazi moments after doing just that doesn't make it the case. Three years of debating experience my ass. :rofl:

Why would someone lie about having debating experience? Surely there are better lies to concote? Doesn't it make sense that I used my extra curricular activities to get into my current med school? Let's not be silly now.
Original post by Good bloke
Because Islam is a dangerous political ideology as much as it is a religion. It was invented by a mediaeval warlord to control the behaviour of and influence his pool of potential soldiers into fighting for control of the Arabian peninsula by appealing to their known superstitious predelictions.

Unfortunately, it was successful and then aggressively spread around north Africa, parts of southern Europe and western Asia.

It has now been given new impetus, politically, by groups who have turned back the clock to the seventh century to use the bits of the doctrine that Mohammed himself found so useful.

That must be why it's the fastest growing religion and stands second in place for the world's largest religion.
Reply 238
Ironically your name is "Good bloke" yet you spew so much hatred.
Ironic that Muslims bang on about "hatred", yet they have been commanded to hate non-Muslims by Allah by following Abraham's example.

"Abraham and those with him are the best examples for you to follow. They told the people, "We have nothing to do with you and with those whom you worship besides God. We have rejected you. Enmity and hatred will separate us forever unless you believe in One God. - Quran 60:4
Why would someone lie about having debating experience?

In this case? To compensate for an obvious lack of demonstrated debating skill.

Doesn't it make sense that I used my extra curricular activities to get into my current med school?

Knowing rather a lot about medical applications myself, you can't fool me here - extracurriculars are entirely secondary to a medical application, and are never deal-breakers in the same way as what an applicant has learned on placements in GP surgeries, care homes, etc. :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending