The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=Hydeman;64699175]In this case? To compensate for an obvious lack of demonstrated debating skill.

Knowing rather a lot about medical applications myself, you can't fool me here - extracurriculars are entirely secondary to a medical application, and are never deal-breakers in the same way as what an applicant has learned on placements in GP surgeries, care homes, etc. :tongue:

What's the obvious lack of debating skill? I merely started that point by asking the other dude to not act as though this is a professional debating competition where terms need to be defined. Read my previous points; context is key.

I would say that your second point is just clutching at straws here; the medical school application involves many factors including extra curriculars. I never said that placements don't matter. I never said that they're deal breakers.

What's the matter with you? Lol
Original post by Butternuts96
salafism (which is just normal Islam)

I guess most of the world's Muslims are shameless Munafiqs, then. :wink:
I wasn't expecting you to agree that that speech is hateful because that was my initial argument. Now that you've admitted it was hateful, there's no need to analyse which parts.

Your analytical reading ability seems to have been switched off.

Your question was:

Do you honestly believe that it isn't hateful what you said?

To which my answer was:

I do think that

In other words, just to highlight the message, I do honestly believe that it isn't hateful.

I await the analysis. If you cannot answer a simple question about why you say something then you really shouldn't say it.
Original post by Good bloke
What was hateful about my simple and factual description of Islam and its origins? The only possible point of contention is that Mohammed invented Islam and that it did not spring from a deity.

I certainly hate Islam, but for very good and reasonable reasons. I do not hate Moslems, though, and even have a few Moslem friends. They are well-adjusted ones who are assimilated into western life and pay as much heed to Islamic doctrine as Roman Catholics do to the Pope's views on contraception.

Please tell me...
What the heck are 'MOSLEMS'?!
Original post by SalmaSalma
Please tell me...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Moslems
Original post by Jeff458
You absolute, moronic, ****wit. If you don't know what that means please find out before YOU make a tool of yourself. If you knew and understood Arabic you would realise that what you're saying makes no sense. None at all.

"Tool"

Hhahahhhahha dis guy^

Damn. You sure do get upset over this.

I even feel sorry for you now.
Original post by brainhuman
Damn. You sure do get upset over this.

I even feel sorry for you now.

Thanks bby

But yeah so upset that I am sitting here so entertained while studying. Honestly man thanks so much, you are so funny and just give me the bants I need to study.

Keep being a "tool" for others too. I'm sure they will appreciate it as much as I do
What's the obvious lack of debating skill? I merely started that point by asking the other dude to not act as though this is a professional debating competition where terms need to be defined. Read my previous points; context is key.

I have read your previous posts. You have, as usual, slandered everyone arguing against you as Islamophobes and yet refuse to clarify what you mean by that. Clarifying a definition on request isn't a peculiarity of professional debating competitions (and nor has it been asked of you to define every term, just this one), and that you refuse to do so leaves any reasonable person to conclude that you don't actually know precisely what you mean by it.

If you use it simply as a slur, then say so. But don't pretend that you know what you mean by it, refuse to state it using various lame excuses ('I study a real subject, not a mickey mouse one like sociology'), and then continue to throw it around indiscriminately (and it must indeed be indiscriminate if you don't have it precisely defined). This kind of obfuscation may be missed by the people you usually debate with, but it won't happen here, I'm afraid.
Original post by Jeff458
Thanks bby

But yeah so upset that I am sitting here so entertained while studying. Honestly man thanks so much, you are so funny and just give me the bants I need to study.

Keep being a "tool" for others too. I'm sure they will appreciate it as much as I do

So what happened in your life that made it all go so wrong?

And the quotation marks on tool? Someone said that mean word to you and now you think it's a good insult?

Suddenly not so sorry for you any more. Good luck studying, you'll need it. A lot.

Thanks for telling me but,
Why are you using such a derogatory term?
Is this an attempt to be funny or...?
You may not like Muslims and their way of life but that really doesn't give you permission to use terms like that.

If a black man punched you in the face one day, would you name all black people ******* from then on?
no?

Then please keep it to yourself.
Original post by QE2
Ironic that Muslims bang on about "hatred", yet they have been commanded to hate non-Muslims by Allah by following Abraham's example.

"Abraham and those with him are the best examples for you to follow. They told the people, "We have nothing to do with you and with those whom you worship besides God. We have rejected you. Enmity and hatred will separate us forever unless you believe in One God. - Quran 60:4

Everytime you are on a thread you always do this...

Do you actually know where that quote is from specifically and what it means?

It's talking about one of the stories of the prophets as he communicates with other Muslims. Like I mean, just, lost for words how you can't spot that.

Ironic that you claim to have nothing against Islam but are always on every thread which has ANYTHING to do with Muslims to persevere in your desperate attempt of acceptance by others via mocking a religion from which you can't even get your facts right
Original post by brainhuman
So what happened in your life that made it all go so wrong?

And the quotation marks on tool? Someone said that mean word to you and now you think it's a good insult?

Suddenly not so sorry for you any more. Good luck studying, you'll need it. A lot.

Don't need your good luck ahahaha but need your constant bants lol!!!!!

Someone's pissed... Just because your insult backfired on you horribly dinna greet. It's all good. Some people just are "tools" (YOU MAD BRO????? THE QUOTATiON MARKS MUST BE RAGING ON YOU!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! INSULT MAJOR!!!!!!!) lolololol

Ahahahahahaha that just tops it off, you being sorry about anything or anyone ahahahahahahhaa. You're one of those people to kill your mum for a fiver alright loooooooooooool

You really do help ahahahaha

You need to prove to me that salafism/wahhabism = Extremism. That's your burden to prove if you wanna continue this discussion.

No it isn't. I have not claimed that Wahhabism is extreme. I don't believe that. It is literal, and it follows exactly what the Koran tells it to follow, with no interpretation, using just the words in the Koran.

Unfortunately, it can lead to extreme behaviour, in western terms, when Moslems behave exactly as their ancestors in the seventh century did, keeping women subjugated, setting rules on their travel and supervision and so on. We don't live in the seventh century and most people have moved on.

Sensible Moslems live in the current century, accept the nice bits of the Koran, ignore the inappropriate parts, integrate into our society and realise that many of those rules that Mohammed formulated for his people (and, let's be clear, these are Mohammed's rules) are not appropriate now.

Speaking the rules, what do you, as literalist, understand is the meaning of verses 5:29-40 of the Koran?
Original post by Jeff458
Don't need your good luck ahahaha but need your constant bants lol!!!!!

Someone's pissed... Just because your insult backfired on you horribly dinna greet. It's all good. Some people just are "tools" (YOU MAD BRO????? THE QUOTATiON MARKS MUST BE RAGING ON YOU!!!!! OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!! INSULT MAJOR!!!!!!!) lolololol

Ahahahahahaha that just tops it off, you being sorry about anything or anyone ahahahahahahhaa. You're one of those people to kill your mum for a fiver alright loooooooooooool

You really do help ahahahaha

Are you actually retarded? I mean a) you write like that because it's who you are or b) you actually believe by writing like that you make me mad.

I mean whatever it is, it is delicious to see you try so hard. And to know that you will fail your shitty exams. It's so finger-tasting delicious.
You may not like Muslims and their way of life but that really doesn't give you permission to use terms like that.

If a black man punched you in the face one day, would you name all black people ******* from then on?
no?

Don't be so ridiculous. 'Moslem' is simply an older transliteration of an Arabic word that is now less widely-used. It's not even remotely equivalent to n****r. :colonhash:

Neither is 'Moslem' the only outdated term for followers of Islam in English - 'Mohammadan' and its variants have also been used historically, without any intention to offend or demean Muslims, so please do stop with this phoney outrage.
(edited 7 years ago)

no?

Then please keep it to yourself.

Why?
Please tell me...

Look in a dictionary (that is a book that explains the meanings of words) to find out:

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/moslem

It is not derogatory in any way. A few posts ago you didn't know what it means; now you seem to believe it is derogatory. Why is that?
Original post by 0to100
Oh stop the ******** :rolleyes: I'm saying your education is limited. You said "ISIS, simple as." Lmao goodbye with that incorrect unaware nonsense.

I was assuming OP was talking about the existence of islamophobia today. I'm saying that ISIS is the main cause of islamophobia (along with 9/11)) in this generation. If I walked to a random guy in town why do you think islamaphobia exists they will say isis/9-11.
Original post by Hydeman
Don't be so ridiculous. 'Moslem' is simply an older transliteration of an Arabic word that is now less widely-used. It's not even remotely equivalent to n****r. :colonhash:

Neither is 'Moslem' the only outdated term for followers of Islam in English - 'Mohammadan' and its variants have also been used historically, without any intention to offend or demean Muslims, so please do stop with this phoney outrage.

I asked the question and this was the answer I got:
A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.
Most websites are using this definition so don't call this ridiculousness.
Is it close to '******' now or will you come up with some more of your 'facts'?

Latest

Trending

Trending