The Student Room Group

Rota Notice.

I work at River Island and I'm on a 25 hours a week contract (I'm not contracted to days) and I only ever have a weeks notice of my hours (sometimes even 4 days) for the following week. I'm just wondering if there is any requirement for them to provide a certain amount of days/weeks for hours?
Reply 1
Original post by dean787
I work at River Island and I'm on a 25 hours a week contract (I'm not contracted to days) and I only ever have a weeks notice of my hours (sometimes even 4 days) for the following week. I'm just wondering if there is any requirement for them to provide a certain amount of days/weeks for hours?

Not as far as I'm aware.

I work part-time in retail (not River Island though) and often I only know the day before.
Original post by dean787

No there isn't, and a week's notice it quite normal. Some roles it will only be 48 hours or less.
Nope theres no law or requirement. I used to work at Pizza Express and that rota would only go up once a week on a sunday evening...sucks to be you if you were working the Monday =L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending