The Student Room Group

What uni advice would you give your past self?

Dear past Puddles,
Please actually take legible lecture notes instead of just doodling. :spank:
It's not helpful later when you want to look up something you remember from a lecture and just find a page of nonsense :argh:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Dear past Puddles,
Please actually take legible lecture notes instead of just doodling. :spank:
It's not helpful later when you want to look up something you remember from a lecture and just find a page of nonsense :argh:

Lol.. anyways I am at College, so for College i'd say:

- Guys will stare and never admit they're crushing on you, so just try not to not think
- Most people are not really your friend, they use you
- You won't really stay in contact with anyone once you leave
- Concentrate on improving yourself
-Put yourself first
Dear past me,

Don't spend those 20 extra hours a week studying just to boost your grade by 5%. Instead focus on other skills so when you graduate you don't just have a degree behind your name.
(edited 7 years ago)
Not to do with studying... But seeing as you're going to be dumped among thousands of students who don't know anything about you, and vice versa, take the chance for a new start and to reinvent yourself to become the person you aspire to be.

Be more girly or more boystrous. More sporty or more laid back. More academic or more creative. More confident or less of a voise. More of a leader or more of a follower.

Give yourself attributes you are jealous of in others.

Don't lie though; that's just immature and will almost always be found out.
Don't buy too many kitchen utensils as your flatmates will keep them in their rooms for weeks and never replace them and don't bother with 4 pinters of milk
Original post by claireestelle
Don't buy too many kitchen utensils as your flatmates will keep them in their rooms for weeks and never replace them and don't bother with 4 pinters of milk

Alternative advice: buy LOADS of kitchen utensils as your flatmates will keep them in their rooms for weeks and never replace them
Original post by claireestelle

Confused??
Alternative advice: buy LOADS of kitchen utensils as your flatmates will keep them in their rooms for weeks and never replace them

In the end I kept everything in a box in my room as they killed too many of my pans and didn't replace them.

Alternative advice: buy NO kitchen utensils and just use the ones your flatmates buy and keep them in your room.
Original post by Anonbabes
Confused??

Basically my flatmates stole all my milk so made more sense to only buy small bottles and use it quick.
Original post by Keyhofi
Alternative advice: buy NO kitchen utensils and just use the ones your flatmates buy and keep them in your room.

:teehee:
Original post by Keyhofi

Mine had none to steal, all I could d was nick their tea bags. Or there's always paper plates :tongue:
That if you aren't ready for uni right now then that's ok. Its better to take time off and prepare yourself than rush in for fear of wasting your life or time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending