The Student Room Group

Man arrested over training his pup to do the nazi salute in Scotland

The 28-year-old, from Coatbridge in North Lanarkshire, faces hate crime charges over the video, Police Scotland said.

The clip, posted on YouTube, allegedly shows a pug sitting in front of a computer screen showing footage of Adolf Hitler.

The video, titled M8 Yer Dugs A Nazi, also includes a man, who says the pet belongs to his girlfriend, playing with the dog.

Officers said the video "caused offence and hurt to many people in our community".

http://news.sky.com/story/1693135/man-arrested-over-nazi-salute-pug-video

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36251698

video :

[video="youtube;SYslEzHbpus"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYslEzHbpus[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yet people like Anjem Chowdury can go on television and endorse terrorism and walk scot-free
Reply 2
The title made me laugh harder than the story itself aidkjsdnflkdsdf,lsadlfkj,hsfnldsklfhbdskufhdabsfjlkj.,sdjjddfmlidskdf
He got arrested for this? Jeez, get a sense of humour. I fell off my chair laughing at that video. The funniest thing is that my boyfriend's Jewish, and he laughed his ass off too. xD
I laughed so much at this last night
Original post by Armastan
He got arrested for this? Jeez, get a sense of humour. I fell off my chair laughing at that video. The funniest thing is that my boyfriend's Jewish, and he laughed his ass off too. xD

Looking over it, probably some butthurt Israeli and the UK gov doesn't want to risk looking soft on anti-Semitism.
Reply 6
Original post by Karotos
Why did we even fight the Germans it seems we're worse off now because of it

Don't believe the rubbish about us speaking German and that's a small price to pay

The way I see it Jews have far too much power and influence and West and have been promoting our destruction knowing too well they can play victim and run off to Israel

Anyone remember that inverted Nazi salute in France that was all the rage a year or so ago?

459591895.jpg

Have I accidentally got into the neo-nazi section of TSR or something
Original post by Dom2375

No.

There's just those users who post that stuff and keep making new accounts.
Original post by Dom2375

Yes, welcome fellow Aryan, we're very tolerant over here.
Reply 9
Training a dog to do the Nazi salute is a bit too much I'm afraid. If you want to embrace the Nazi way of life, there's a country that will take you! I'm not going to name the country as that'd be foolish. :redface:
Seeing as we are always hearing about how anti-semitism is rife in "the left" it would be interesting to see the political views of those who think that this is funny/acceptable.

Are you Labour supporters? Greens?

Or do you identify more with UKIP?
Original post by Whiggy
Training a dog to do the Nazi salute is a bit too much I'm afraid. If you want to embrace the Nazi way of life, there's a country that will take you! I'm not going to name the country as that'd be foolish. :redface:

I don't think he really did.

It was all rather disappointing. The pug sort of rolled over a couple of times and that was it. No Hitler salute. No Sieg Heil woof. Nothing. :frown:
:lol: oh my ****ing word that was hilarious
nobody should be arrested for essentially using freedom of expression - our legal system is atrocious. whatever happened to that "sticks and stones" poem we tell mere children?! are we less than children today in 21st century britain?!

offence =/= harm or damage
offence = emotions
emotions = subjective and irrelevant.
emotion =/= deserving of protection.

if offence should be banned, what about john cleese?

I mean, what even counts as offence? how do you measure it? how far is too far?
see the problem?
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm sorry but that video is hilarious.

Not only that, but it's basic premise is that Nazism is one of the most unappealing things that guy could think of. Hardly hate speech.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I'm sorry but that video is hilarious.

Not only that, but it's basic premise is that Nazism is one of the most unappealing things that guy could think of. Hardly hate speech.

Not to mention basic restrictions on speech and art are the basis of fascism.
sigh
I found it to be in poor taste, but there's no need to arrest him for it.

It's obvious that the man was trying to make a comedy video that isn't supposed to be taken seriously; if it was a Nazi recruitment video or something of that sort meant to incite genuine hatred, then I would see where the authorities are coming from.

At the start of the video, he even mentions how his girlfriend is always saying how cute the dog is - making the dog react to vile phrases/videos and making him do the salute are showing that the dog isn't nice at all. Completely the opposite of endorsing Nazism and genocide as acceptable behaviour.

This video isn't really what I'd call hate speech - although the phrase 'gas the Jews' is quite horrible, he was only saying it to get a reaction out of the dog, not as an instruction or a command to the viewers. This is nothing more than shock/offensive comedy that Frankie Boyle and the like make a career out of, and it's a waste of taxpayer's money to arrest him if I'm being honest.

TL;DR - Don't take the video out of context
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Whiggy

It has nothing to do with him supporting the nazis he said it himself it was to p*** someone off.

It's a sad day when over sensitive people have the police infringing on freedom of speech anyone who can be bothered to actually watch the video and listen without the oh I'm a special little snowflake everything is offensive thoughts would realise this had no malice or ill will but it was a chance for police in Scotland to follow through on their threats to stop free speech.
Original post by Truthteller10
Yet people like Anjem Chowdury can go on television and endorse terrorism and walk scot-free

Choudary has actually been arrested several times. He has never been convicted, but it's unlikely that dog person will be either.

Stuff like this is not, in general at least, illegal in this country. Police actions like this are harassment aimed at deterring people acting in this way by hassling them; they are not well founded in law and are not intended to result in prosecutions.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
Seeing as we are always hearing about how anti-semitism is rife in "the left" it would be interesting to see the political views of those who think that this is funny/acceptable.

Are you Labour supporters? Greens?

Or do you identify more with UKIP?

Hitler-dog-video-maker Markus Meechan's youtube account has videos criticising David Cameron's benefits policies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGkftFJ6BS0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsgHIVj9uZA

Do we know Markus Meechan is not a member of the Labour Party?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending