The Student Room Group

Conditional offer advice

Hey there!

Sorry to start a new thread about this but I feel like I have not found a sure answer to my concern.

As I am yet to get my high school diploma I have been given a conditional offer by the uni I want to go to (ARU). I'm an EU student but I already completed an IELTS exam so that will be fine, but they also said that I need to achieve an overall grade of 3 in my exams. In Hungary we get our grades on a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 means you failed and 5 is the best you can achieve. I have taken into consideration almost all the possible scenarios and I have been relieved that there is a 98% chance that I will meet all the conditions.

Therefore meeting the conditions is not my main concern, but if I will really be accepted if I meet them. It is my firm choice by the way. They did not give me a deadline to send proof about my exam results so I assume it is fine if I send it as soon as I get the papers and have them translated? Has anyone had an experience where they met all the conditions for their firm choice yet didn't get accepted? Is that even possible?

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I just really would like to book my plane tickets and start looking for a place to avoid paying a fortune later but this is giving me a headache, haha. :biggrin:
Original post by Haiena
Hey there!

Sorry to start a new thread about this but I feel like I have not found a sure answer to my concern.

As I am yet to get my high school diploma I have been given a conditional offer by the uni I want to go to (ARU). I'm an EU student but I already completed an IELTS exam so that will be fine, but they also said that I need to achieve an overall grade of 3 in my exams. In Hungary we get our grades on a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 means you failed and 5 is the best you can achieve. I have taken into consideration almost all the possible scenarios and I have been relieved that there is a 98% chance that I will meet all the conditions.

Therefore meeting the conditions is not my main concern, but if I will really be accepted if I meet them. It is my firm choice by the way. They did not give me a deadline to send proof about my exam results so I assume it is fine if I send it as soon as I get the papers and have them translated? Has anyone had an experience where they met all the conditions for their firm choice yet didn't get accepted? Is that even possible?

Thank you so much for your help in advance. I just really would like to book my plane tickets and start looking for a place to avoid paying a fortune later but this is giving me a headache, haha. :biggrin:

If you meet the conditions of your firm offer, you are in. Contact the university to ask how/when to send proof of your results, as they will not receive them automatically. You have until 31st August to meet the conditions.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you meet the conditions of your firm offer, you are in. Contact the university to ask how/when to send proof of your results, as they will not receive them automatically. You have until 31st August to meet the conditions.

Thanks so much! You have put my mind at ease. :smile: I will make sure to contact them later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending