The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 3 (IAL): Exploring Physics, WPH03 (11th May 2016)

Here is the thread u ppl requested hows prep?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, what experiments should I go over?
Reply 2
Original post by user179

All 27 of them.
Reply 3
Original post by CPSohan
All 27 of them.

lol

Original post by user179

I've attached a pdf containing all the experiments that you need to know. Although I find that learning the experiments from past papers is much better, because the information in the pdf is very vague imo.
Plus does anyone have notes on uncertainty?
Hey, how's revision going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
here are some notes i found on an older thread, a few experiments might not be their but it is useful :smile::smile:
Original post by Blazyy
lol

I've attached a pdf containing all the experiments that you need to know. Although I find that learning the experiments from past papers is much better, because the information in the pdf is very vague imo.

I don't see an attached file.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by user179

I have done papers from 2009 to 2015 and pray that they give an old experiment :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Nethmioysters
Plus does anyone have notes on uncertainty?

Its pretty simple ask any question on the topic i dont have specific notes rn
Original post by Saad69
Its pretty simple ask any question on the topic i dont have specific notes rn

how do u find the uncertainty of a specific instrument? or are there standard values for each one of them? if so could you list them!!!!:redface:
Reply 12
how do u find the uncertainty of a specific instrument? or are there standard values for each one of them? if so could you list them!!!!:redface:

Ok there isnt uncertainty in apparatus its in the reading so for example if u measured 50cm using a metre rule (precision 0.1cm these are fixed values for different appratus look them up) so if u have to calculate percentage uncertainty u would do 0.1/50 multiplied by 100% to get %age uncertainty hope this helps if i said sth wrong others plz help :smile::biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Blazyy
lol

Bruh wheres the notes?
Original post by Saad69
Ok there isnt uncertainty in apparatus its in the reading so for example if u measured 50cm using a metre rule (precision 0.1cm these are fixed values for different appratus look them up) so if u have to calculate percentage uncertainty u would do 0.1/50 multiplied by 100% to get %age uncertainty hope this helps if i said sth wrong others plz help :smile::biggrin:

so if i measured it in mm, will the precision be 1mm? for the metre ruler i mean
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
so if i measured it in mm, will the precision be 1mm?

yeah co 0.1 cm= 1 mm make sure both values are in the same units
Reply 16
so if i measured it in mm, will the precision be 1mm? for the metre ruler i mean

usually in the exam you have to state it as 1mm
Original post by Saad69
yeah co 0.1 cm= 1 mm make sure both values are in the same units

oh right! thank you very much!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by djmans
usually in the exam you have to state it as 1mm

Both are acceptable I checked in markschemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there a trend for the experiments like in biology? Also which experiment do the is going to come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest