The Student Room Group

Why is there the different colours of people's usernames?

I have seen lots of different colours of usernames. There is red and purple a lot and also some random colours like green and I have seen one yellow name too recently.

What is the reason for this and can I change my colour?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Some people are special.
They got dat sub.
Reply 3
Money Money Money.
Reply 4
Bc they rich and paid for dis shiet
what are the perks of subscription?
TSR subscriptions don't exist any more, so it's not because of that. You have coloured usernames by having certain positions on TSR, e.g. red for the Community Team, purple for the Support Team, I think gold for the VIP question answering team? Not sure about others.
Original post by Plagioclase
TSR subscriptions don't exist any more, so it's not because of that. You have coloured usernames by having certain positions on TSR, e.g. red for the Community Team, purple for the Support Team, I think gold for the VIP question answering team? Not sure about others.

People who were part of the sub usergroup when it was removed retain the ability to change the colour of their name as a legacy feature I believe.
Reply 8

CA are green

really? so how do you get blue or orange names now x_x
Red are CT

Purple is given to TSR's SS

we're the relics of the subs - people who were subscribers when it was scrapped were allowed to keep the "privileges".

Plus those of us who are ex-mods are on the "Subscribers - old" list here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showgroups.php

The option was at the bottom of this: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions but I don't know if changes are possible anymore.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by somemightsay888
Red are CT

Purple is given to TSR's SS

this couldn't be any more accurate
Purple - ST (voluntary people)
Red - Community Team
Green - Community Assistant
Blue - Section Leader (:dontknow:)
Some other random colour - has a subscription which allows you to change the colour.
Black - default colour
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by aamirac
Purple - ST (voluntary people)
Red - Community Team
Green - Community Assistant
Blue - Section Leader (:dontknow:)
Some other random colour - has a subscription which allows you to change the colour.
Black - default colour

Not quite-green for employees who aren't in the community team :biggrin:
Original post by Professor Oak
Not quite-green for employees who aren't in the community team :biggrin:

And subscribers default colour :p:
Original post by z33
Bc they rich and paid for dis shiet

How much do they pay?
Original post by Isabella d'Anjou
What is SS?

"Super Subs", it's an affectionate term for the purple users haha, just call them the SS :h:
What is your job then ?

I'm in marketing, there are a few of us here :smile:. You want to watch out for the developers, though, they're trouble
What is SS?

Schutzstaffel.
Original post by somemightsay888
"Super Subs", it's an affectionate term for the purple users haha, just call them the SS :h:

The purple people aren't super subs (or subs) they're the support team - they have the powers to move and edit posts and to issue cards and they're responsible for encouraging the community within their areas.

The light blue people are the same but they cover a larger group of forums

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=about_tsr#faq_privacy_statement

Quick Reply

Latest