The Student Room Group

Subject choices

HELP!

I had initially put down to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French A-levels, but was told this morning that French and Further Maths clashed, and I would have to choose one of the two, and pick another subject. They were my first two preferences and I really don't know what to do.

I am planning to do Actuarial Science at uni, which requires an A* and two As, but I really don't know what to do now.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Although it's a hard decision, I'd personally do further maths because I feel that French is easier to learn in your own time whereas you may need a solid teacher to guide you through further maths.
Since maths is a requirement for the course, further maths would probably help you too.
Not speaking from experience though so this may be useless :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by agb1702
HELP!

I had initially put down to do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French A-levels, but was told this morning that French and Further Maths clashed, and I would have to choose one of the two, and pick another subject. They were my first two preferences and I really don't know what to do.

I am planning to do Actuarial Science at uni, which requires an A* and two As, but I really don't know what to do now.

In all honesty, you should do Further Maths now as that will essentially be more helpful in helping you to look a better candidate when you apply for university. Not that French or any other language should be less prioritised, but in this case, Further Maths would be the better option. You can always do French alongside Actuarial Science at university, but this depends on the university that you choose.

Quick Reply

Latest